DS Lite

Everything from Console, PC & Handheld. This is the place your none On-line Graphic related play things go.
Super Goat Weed
Anti-Hero

Post by Super Goat Weed » Fri Aug 11, 2006 2:45 am

Xanien wrote:But I want to buy a game with MINIMAL text that I can play on the trip back to the USA. Any advice? I was thinking Mario Kart DS or Nintendo 64 DS. If I buy those in Japanese would it suck?
Mario kart DS is freaking awesome. I'd pick that up.
Xanien
Not-A-Deserter

Post by Xanien » Fri Aug 11, 2006 3:41 am

Super Goat Weed wrote: You're asian. You guys can haggle the shit out of people. He just saved himself the effort of spending a half hour negotiating a price is all.

You know it's true. :P
Don't anybody dare tell me to fuck off. This isn't political correctness. It just hit too close to home with shit I've gone through in the past for my friends at college. This wasn't racist, but was a stereotype, like saying all asians are good at cleaning clothes (which my mom sad to me once, and I quickly said "what the hell did you just say?"), or all black people can run really fast and play sports really well . . .

And it is possible to still be a prick to the person you're dating.

Sorry to get off subject on this thread. Flame me if you want, but I can't ignore stuff like that. I apologize for my rudeness to everybody.
Bogey
Not-A-Deserter

Post by Bogey » Fri Aug 11, 2006 3:49 am

Why do you still post here?
Chewi
Anti-Hero

Post by Chewi » Fri Aug 11, 2006 9:19 am

Ryan, there was no harm meant and I'd be really surprised if anyone could be offended by that. If anything, it was a compliment. It's not our fault you're over-sensitive on the issue.
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Fri Aug 11, 2006 11:46 am

seriously getting bent out of shape over a stereotype is abit lame in the first place, over a stereotype aimed at someone else is like ...omg

dude, everyone is racist, if commenting on a stereotype is your definition. On that note I'm away to get drunk at the end of rainbow.
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Fri Aug 11, 2006 1:15 pm

that sounds really fun
Bogey
Not-A-Deserter

Post by Bogey » Fri Aug 11, 2006 6:25 pm

Yeah, wish I could do that.
XenoRaven
Enforcer

Post by XenoRaven » Fri Aug 11, 2006 8:13 pm

Not all black people are good at sports?

*Gasp.*
Super Goat Weed
Anti-Hero

Post by Super Goat Weed » Fri Aug 11, 2006 9:54 pm

you can call me a wop if it makes you feel better. Hell, one of my great grandparents even came over here illegally, so it's actually a legit statment.

Guess what, i don't care. Hell i'll probably laugh. I know Lesley had the same atitude when i made a very similar comment to her over the phone. If i'm not mistaken, it got a giggle out of her.

Seriously, the comment was said to Lesley, not you. If she has no problem with it, i don't see the harm.

And Lesley is not good at cleaning clothes, you should have seen my perminent press shirts after she cleaned them :P
Last edited by Super Goat Weed on Fri Aug 11, 2006 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bogey
Not-A-Deserter

Post by Bogey » Sat Aug 12, 2006 1:01 am

A woman that can't clean?

*head explodes*
Melana
Distgrunted Hero

Post by Melana » Sat Aug 12, 2006 1:16 pm

WAIT A FUCKING MINUTE

Ben, I'll have you know that I was in a rush, I didn't care if threw your freaking shirt in a high spin and I don't CARE that you usually tumble dry everything and I put them on a line.

It had to be IRONED ANYWAY. Which might i add I DID.

I can't believe you are BITCHING about my ability to WASH your damned fucking clothes without being ASKED to because SOMEONE didn't think to pack Jeans without ridiculous gaping holes in the ass or enough clothes in the 3 or so BAGS of luggage he did pack.

I don't believe you criticised my ability to clean, even in jest.

YOU my dear are in deep shit. See if i ever do anything for you again.
Super Goat Weed
Anti-Hero

Post by Super Goat Weed » Sat Aug 12, 2006 1:19 pm

:blink:

Um, i didn't mean it like that at all.

And Joe, cleaning wasn't the thing, the clothes were just really really wrinkled. I had a kinda funny reply to this, but i'm guessing now isn't the time.
Last edited by Super Goat Weed on Sat Aug 12, 2006 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Melana
Distgrunted Hero

Post by Melana » Sat Aug 12, 2006 1:34 pm

And will everyone just fucking drop the comment? I was over it a page ago and you guys are still putting your two cents in about it. I mean for pete sake i'm not offended by a stupid generalisation. I can see your point Ryan but Ben usually picks random faults in my actual self when he chooses to be offensive.

I also dislike generalisations and stereotypes. Everyone does it to a degree and most of it is harmless and not meant in a negative manner. But in this instance the way he phrased him comment about haggling was meant to be a compliment. Had it been said in a tone or a way that made it sound like I was one of those bloody annoying asians who try to milk people out of EVERYTHING they can I would of kicked him in the head.
But haggling is just the culture in Asia. Who pays retail? ;)

Of course these generalisations and stereotypes all have to do with society and what kind you live in.

For the rest of you, i just hope you all felt you said your piece and can drop it now and talk about the greatness that is DS/DS Lite.

I am howeverstill offended by Ben's comment that i'm incompetant at cleaning.
Super Goat Weed
Anti-Hero

Post by Super Goat Weed » Sat Aug 12, 2006 1:39 pm

*sigh*

you are good at cleaning, too good, that's why your mom makes you do it constantly. You just wrinkled up a couple of my shirts that's all. I meant no harm in it.

And the DS Lite is awesome, but on the deal you got, i think i would have taken a DS too.
Last edited by Super Goat Weed on Sat Aug 12, 2006 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Xanien
Not-A-Deserter

Post by Xanien » Sat Aug 12, 2006 2:43 pm

Sorry for being oversensitive. Guess it just rubbed me the wrong way when I was really feeling good about that type of stuff.

Anyways. A picture of my new DS Lite. I ended up getting the Ice Blue cause I thought everybody would get the Navy (because it's the COOL color). My friend is going to get pink . . . hope they come out with a red in the future.

By the way, how do I turn down the brightness on my system when I don't need it as bright? And how long have people's batteries been lasting?
Attachments
060812_2339_01.jpg