DS Lite

Everything from Console, PC & Handheld. This is the place your none On-line Graphic related play things go.
Trigo
Solider

Post by Trigo » Thu Jul 20, 2006 11:15 pm

Yup i got the black DS Lite today way better looking than the orginal one which i still have so i can play people at multiplayer. Got Animal crossing and Metroid Prime Hunter with it. Animal Crossing is weird and addictive :mellow: and metriod is at its normal lvl of game play.
XenoRaven
Enforcer

Post by XenoRaven » Fri Jul 21, 2006 1:40 am

Animal Crossing is great for like...when you're waiting in line for something, or waiting for a movie to start. Basically, if you have 5-10 minutes to do some random task, that's basically all that's needed to keep your town running. It's really surprisingly addictive, and a huuuuuuge hit in Japan.

EDIT: Oh, and as much as I loved my old DS, the Lite basically turns it into a massive pile of obsolete garbage. It's that much better. Better design, better screen, better buttons, better stylus, all in a smaller, and considerably more attractive package. You can't really go wrong with it.
Last edited by XenoRaven on Fri Jul 21, 2006 1:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Trigo
Solider

Post by Trigo » Fri Jul 21, 2006 12:15 pm

i'll be playing it a wee bit everyday
Super Goat Weed
Anti-Hero

Post by Super Goat Weed » Fri Jul 21, 2006 5:23 pm

i'm stil waiting on more colors. Not a fan of white, but i NEEDED a DS, so i got one. I'm sure they're gonna do all the standard colors, and i'm usualy a fan of that cobalt blue they do.

I hope they do another retro thing again like they did with the SP's, only not as ugly. Maybe style it like the SNES or something.
Melana
Distgrunted Hero

Post by Melana » Sat Jul 22, 2006 2:07 pm

i actually like the look of the old DS... but that's mostly because i just like metal cases and i didn't think the original DS was tha tmuch bigger then the small one. But the lighting options is tempting
XenoRaven
Enforcer

Post by XenoRaven » Sat Jul 22, 2006 2:13 pm

Don't be fooled. The original DS is like carrying a brick in your pocket. I actually think I hate it now.
Super Goat Weed
Anti-Hero

Post by Super Goat Weed » Sat Jul 22, 2006 3:26 pm

the DSL's lighting is amazing. It's like having your own personal sun. I could seriously light up a room with it in the middle of the night.
Melana
Distgrunted Hero

Post by Melana » Sat Jul 22, 2006 3:35 pm

Yeah I read up on it.

Battery option is much better as is the stylus apparently. reading about the tweeking involved i'd say it's definately worth the extra $10 it's currently priced at over here.

Though i'm not a fan of white... it's like why i don't like Ipods... not a good colour for scratches, marks, dirt etc.

The black is very sexy.

I was only tempted with the DS because the pink one is actually a nice pink and not an ultra girly pink like the new Noble pink that came out for the Lite.
Bogey
Not-A-Deserter

Post by Bogey » Sat Jul 22, 2006 6:08 pm

When will they learn to release green versions of these things? I want a green Wii!
Xanien
Not-A-Deserter

Post by Xanien » Sun Jul 23, 2006 9:48 am

What colors are out in the USA and the UK?

In Japan they have Noble Pink, Enamel Navy, Ice Blue, and Crystal White. There is a FFIII special Edition Crystal White coming out August 24th ... but it's $200! That's crazy. ..

I still don't know what color to get ... but I think I will buy a DS Lite in August! It's crazy how they are ALWAYS sold out here.
Tartan
Solider

Post by Tartan » Sun Jul 23, 2006 3:53 pm

i want a ds lite or normal but chewi wont let me
its no fair i want one :(
Melana
Distgrunted Hero

Post by Melana » Mon Jul 24, 2006 5:57 am

In the UK it's just the DS Black and White.

You guys have the most colours atm in Japan.

The DS Lite retails for $199 here so paying that for the limited edition wouldn't annoy me.

There is also a very very limited edition of the DS Lite with Pikachu on it...only 150 made for some pokemon club or something.

I'm pretty sure there was a Green N64 at one stage.

Hell... if there was a crystal blue, purple and ORANGE and clear... Green would of made it into the fray.
XenoRaven
Enforcer

Post by XenoRaven » Tue Jul 25, 2006 4:25 pm

I freaking want that Pikachu one so bad. Not so much cause it's Pikachu, but because there's only 150 of them, and it's an exclusive item.

*Waits for inevitable comments from Ben about how it's really cause I love Pikachu and wish he was real and that I could keep him for a pet and other such nonsense.*

Either way, I plan to import the FFIII-themed DS. That'll be sweet.
Bogey
Not-A-Deserter

Post by Bogey » Tue Jul 25, 2006 9:56 pm

What, no Jigglypuff?
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Wed Jul 26, 2006 1:52 am

Bogey wrote:I want a green Wii!
england is full of dirty whores, should be easy enuff.