Mario 3 on 3

Everything from Console, PC & Handheld. This is the place your none On-line Graphic related play things go.
Super Goat Weed
Anti-Hero

Post by Super Goat Weed » Sat Jul 15, 2006 1:12 pm

well, actually i'm completely obsessed with my DS at the moment, and now nintendo is coming up with a touch screen basketball game. sounds interesting. and check this out: there's squarenix cameos in it

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ds/ab3j/character/character02.html

i don't know what this means other then squarenix and nintendo have obviously gotten over their differences. even more then i originally thought. maybe i'll see a GOOD DS version of FF Tactics after all.
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Sat Jul 15, 2006 3:08 pm

or some wii lovin
Last edited by kaos on Sun Jul 16, 2006 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Super Goat Weed
Anti-Hero

Post by Super Goat Weed » Sun Jul 16, 2006 2:01 pm

wii

man i really think i'm gonna violate my one system per generation rule this year.
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Sun Jul 16, 2006 4:05 pm

Square - ninetendo war ended alogn time ago, the first stone cast was by sakaguchi about 4 years ago this made him more unpopular but eventually turn out to be quite correct.
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Sun Jul 16, 2006 6:37 pm

I think Wii looks so good right now that no gamer with any common sense is going to pass it up.
Super Goat Weed
Anti-Hero

Post by Super Goat Weed » Sun Jul 16, 2006 11:38 pm

well, i knew nintend and square enix made amends, but i didn't know they were THIS close. Most of the mainstream titles are still sony exclusive though, which kinda suck. What also sucks is they will deal with any company besides Microsoft these days. I'm starting to wonder if they only deal with Japanese comanies, something that would really piss me off.
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Mon Jul 17, 2006 12:06 am

I'm gonna bet if that Project Sylph is a hit, they'll deal with microsoft.
ofcourse

it'll probably be more like a stream of sequels steming from that particular game, and not much else.

anyway..
thats what mistwalker is for.

despite reports of terrible 360 sales in japan, theyalso report that blue dragon and lost oddessey are at the top of their most wanted lists
so maybe theyre just waiting to buy the system when those games drop.
Super Goat Weed
Anti-Hero

Post by Super Goat Weed » Mon Jul 17, 2006 12:37 pm

that's pretty much what i'm doing, so it makes sense to me.

That or Halo 3, whatever one comes first.
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Mon Jul 17, 2006 3:46 pm

Xbox 360 isn't made by a japanese company it just can't create the hype that Sony or Wii will produce.
Chewi
Anti-Hero

Post by Chewi » Mon Jul 17, 2006 3:49 pm

I can hear it now. "Wii will wii will rock you!" ;)
XenoRaven
Enforcer

Post by XenoRaven » Tue Jul 18, 2006 12:02 am

Well, we've even seen with the ridiculous success of the DS in Japan that they don't buy until the games come out. It was doing well when it came out, but it didn't explode until Nintendogs, then continued to do so with Animal Crossing, the Brain Training series, and Mario. So, I think we'll see boosted sales in Japan once they get more love from Japanese developers, which I think is inevitable once the Mistwalker titles hit. I doubt there's a whole lot of people in Japan that wanna pay the equivalent of $700 for a PS3.

Oh, and this Mario Basketball game is a Square project. Nintendo handed it over for them to develop.
Drabe,ThePirateking
Whelp

Post by Drabe,ThePirateking » Tue Jul 18, 2006 7:25 am

i rather like the idea, but how do they go mario on its ass, like sure you have good vs evil, but you cant really have teams and powers that associate to every charecter with basketball unless speed, power all affect every charecter, sorta like monkey ball and you basically get random power ups, and if its like this wouldnt you rather just go play mario kart bash? oh and doesnt it make it cheap if you say have all the fastest or strongest charecters on your team, i think you should be able to spend points to make your team as good as it gets, instead of associating charecters per powers, it seems to complicated in my eyes to do.
Last edited by Drabe,ThePirateking on Tue Jul 18, 2006 7:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Super Goat Weed
Anti-Hero

Post by Super Goat Weed » Tue Jul 18, 2006 2:38 pm

..... whaaaaaaaaa?
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:27 pm

id guess all the charters are just pretty much the same.
its probably going to be a very simplistic game.

if they do have a stat system im betting it'll be basic level run of the mill stuff.
-speed
-3 pointer
-2 pointer
-dunking

and then theyre going to balance it out.

you might have a guy who is rediclously fast...but cant shoot worth a damn.
and onther guy who can shoot great, but is slow as hell.
and your 3d man might be an average of the tw, so he's probably no better or worse.

also if this is a team based game.
it'll probably follow the tried and true video game trio formula

-average guy
-light fast guy
-heavy powerful guy

most games that have only 3 characters or put characters in groups of 3 do this.
its a smart system.

i think when it comes to player versus player and the choices are open its a good idea to pick a team based on that. your opponant has to constantly adjust and re-adjust to the style of the new character. great for fighting games.

in rpgs it usually translates to:
-offensce
-deffence
-magic.

kingdom hearts for example gave you Sora, Goofy, and Donald respectivly
Last edited by kaos on Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Melana
Distgrunted Hero

Post by Melana » Sat Jul 22, 2006 3:44 pm

i thought it might be like the Mario kart games where you got a kind of weight class divisioning to make it more interesting.

so like a more heavy weight team with low agility but good endurance or strength and a lighter team with good agility but poor strength or something....