Game Challenges

Everything from Console, PC & Handheld. This is the place your none On-line Graphic related play things go.
Evil Matt
Enforcer

Post by Evil Matt » Sun May 07, 2006 8:03 pm

I see these challenges on GameFaqs sometimes, like beating a game with no weapons or something. I've seen no sphere grid guides for Final Fantasy X, speed guides to Silent Hill, and of course the famous four white mages games. How many of us have tried something like this?

I personally beat Castlevania: Symphony of the Night with just 13 kills (all of them necessary bosses), but that was surprisingly easy. I think I did a no-level challenge for Final Fantasy VIII years ago. Nothing very difficult. These days I hardly have time to play, much less challenge myself unnecessarily.
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Mon May 08, 2006 1:48 am

Xbox games have a few challenges that come with most games that the machine keeps track of for you.
Tho most of the challenges arent to challenging. feels like theyre just giving them away.

I remember trying is one that was written into 007EON.

Dont die, Kill 100% of the enimes on the map, and get weapon 100% accuracy, with out being seen

So you spend most of the time using stealth and beating people with crowbars and throwing vases. and only taking shots youre 100% sure you cant miss.

level usually lasts about 8 minutes.
but this way it lastes about an hour and a half.
XenoRaven
Enforcer

Post by XenoRaven » Mon May 08, 2006 2:40 am

I've played through Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes using weapons and grenades only on bosses in just under two hours. That's the only thing I've ever done like that though.
Last edited by XenoRaven on Mon May 08, 2006 2:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Super Goat Weed
Anti-Hero

Post by Super Goat Weed » Mon May 08, 2006 3:32 am

i actually did the 4 white mages thing, it was cake. Some of the bosses you can one hit kill with certain spells. Only one i had trouble with was the dark elf king... can't remember his name. Man that takes me back.
Evil Matt
Enforcer

Post by Evil Matt » Mon May 08, 2006 8:01 am

Astos. When I played the game, the phrase "your ass is toast" would invariably come up when he was encountered. Ah me.

My brother played four black mages and won, which I thought was impressive. Apparently bosses were a cinch. He also played with one fighter and made it all the way to Chaos, but couldn't beat him.
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Mon May 08, 2006 3:11 pm

I remember completing 50% of syphon filter using only a taser