Games you played Recently....

Everything from Console, PC & Handheld. This is the place your none On-line Graphic related play things go.
Xanien
Not-A-Deserter

Post by Xanien » Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:43 pm

After having a huge backlog of games to play, I'm FINALLY up to some relatively new games. At the moment I'm playing Shadow Hearts 2 (2004), and it's a GREAT improvement over SH1. I saw one of the best lines EVER in this game yesterday.

"That's one big pussy"

(referring to a giant cat I am about to fight).
Melana
Distgrunted Hero

Post by Melana » Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:13 pm

FFIV on the DS.

yay!
Xanien
Not-A-Deserter

Post by Xanien » Fri Sep 12, 2008 2:30 pm

I need to buy that . . along with the new Advanced Wars.
ReDeemer
Solider

Post by ReDeemer » Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:02 pm

Other than a religious log-in to World of Warcraft, I've been playing Rainbow Six: Vegas 2, and Battlefield: Bad Company. Gotta' say, Vegas' storyline is blunt and harsh on the Single-Player mode, with moments where you just want to just punch something around you. For example, the first few missions include a member of your squad defusing a bomb and getting injured in the process, a hail of enemies repelling down from a wall-climbing room surrounding you and your team in a corner, going from an insertion to a fight for survival from every angle, and even a part where you're trying to rescue thousands of people from a stadium that's been filled with poison gas - and you hear the cries and screams of people through half of the level. As far as the Multi-Player aspect, I haven't played much of it myself to really give a good explanation, but I'll be doing so soon this week.

As for Battlefield: Bad Company, it's Single-Player is extremely fun and interactive, with some hilarious dry and antic humor from your squad you stick with throughout the game. The Multi-Player aspect of Bad Company so far is very fun and easy to catch onto like the ones before (Imo, of course.), and from the beautiful landscapes and intense balls-to-the-wall action, to the very, VERY spot-on sound and ambiance which I focus for when playing any new FPS in the past four months. EA, Dice and Frostbite did an amazing job on this game, and I'm looking forward to future patches.

Oh yeah, for anyone who doesn't know my X-Box Live tag, it's RetributionDude. :D

\m/
Last edited by ReDeemer on Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Melana
Distgrunted Hero

Post by Melana » Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:03 pm

Replayed the last boss from FFIV because i missed out on about 2-3 levels of experience the first time on Rydia and that sage dude because they died.... and i just can't afford to miss the xp.

Edward needs a fucking kick up the ass. I love the interchange in that video it's great.

Cecil... Rydia! shutup
Rydia... he's a doosh...
Edward complaing...
Cecil slaps him.... brilliant

Just made it to level...54 on my druid. I was in a Black rock depths for the first time, in a group (that didn't have my boyfriend in it) in a dungeon with a bunch of people i didn't know and they wanted my poor boomkin to heal... no boomkin. I'm full bloody balance ! I didn't do too badly but my rebirth spell has a 10 minute cooldown and I didnt' think to stock a billion freaking reagents. I was pulled in the last minute midway.

I did alright.
Squirrel
Vagabond

Post by Squirrel » Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:56 pm

Wizardry 8.
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:17 am

Castle Crashers.
I just finished my first solo play through with the Grey Knight.
and have unlocked all the arena characters

Im about midway thru on a co-op play thru with the blue, green, and red knigts

no idea where i am with the Theif, but his agility is maxed out and he's untouchable.
(which is a good thing cuzz he is weak as fuck)

game is awesome.

I'm going to play through solo at least 2 more time.
once to unlock the saracen
and again with the peasant...just cuzz.

probably getting the DLC whether its free or not.
Last edited by kaos on Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chewi
Anti-Hero

Post by Chewi » Sun Sep 28, 2008 2:43 pm

13 years after buying the game, I've kinda finished Lemmings 2. I say kinda because to properly finish it, you're supposed to get a perfect score (gold) on every level. I did try to do that at first but I got lazy after a while. If I'd known, I would have tried harder. I only have gold for two tribes so far and silver for all the rest. Only 10 more to go. :mellow:
Last edited by Chewi on Sun Sep 28, 2008 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Descending Fate
Whelp

Post by Descending Fate » Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:16 am

Halo 3
WoW TBC
CoD 4
FN RD 3

P/C //// Xbox 360 FTW
Trigo
Solider

Post by Trigo » Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:23 pm

Mainly just EvE Online and lego Star Wars on the Wii.
EchoPark
Vagabond

Post by EchoPark » Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:36 am

I got saints row 2 today (thurs), its alright but nothin special.

One m8 said to me this year that GTA4 wasnt gonna make it and saints row 2 is gonna be the new king. So so so wrong. The war between GTA and Saints Row was a good war cause it actually make Rockstar actually improve GTA but something happened on the other side and Saints Row 2 didnt really improve it looked like Saints Row 1 but with flying shit and motorbikes. Nothin really great. I havent played it all that much but from what i've seen i just couldnt get in to it.

I've got a Samsung 40" lcd, and i got the 360 connected to it by HDMI cable and it should be upscaling to 1080i, and omg it looks shit ... apart from the sea it looks great! but everything else looks like Saints Row 1 or even worse ... xbox wooo lol. Am not much of a graphics whore but i thought they would make the improvement.

The driving physics is pretty naff. I havent made anything blow up yet so bear with me. But the falling is the same ... crap. U fall u dont roll or anything ... just fall like ur a puppet on a string it looks shockly bad. Some other stuff but i just cant be assed.

Maybe its just me as at the mo am pretty pissed off or it could be the game just sucks. Which didnt help that Play.com didnt even send me the right editon of the game lol
Xanien
Not-A-Deserter

Post by Xanien » Fri Oct 17, 2008 2:22 am

I'm playing My Japanese Coach on the Nintendo DS and loving it. I'm currently at the level of a 1st Grader and have mastered 300 words so far. Woot. Hope I can learn a lot of new words!
Last edited by Xanien on Fri Oct 17, 2008 2:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Fri Oct 17, 2008 3:01 am

EchoPark wrote:I got saints row 2 today (thurs), its alright but nothin special.

One m8 said to me this year that GTA4 wasnt gonna make it and saints row 2 is gonna be the new king. So so so wrong. The war between GTA and Saints Row was a good war cause it actually make Rockstar actually improve GTA but something happened on the other side and Saints Row 2 didnt really improve it looked like Saints Row 1 but with flying shit and motorbikes. Nothin really great. I havent played it all that much but from what i've seen i just couldnt get in to it.

I've got a Samsung 40" lcd, and i got the 360 connected to it by HDMI cable and it should be upscaling to 1080i, and omg it looks shit ... apart from the sea it looks great! but everything else looks like Saints Row 1 or even worse ... xbox wooo lol. Am not much of a graphics whore but i thought they would make the improvement.

The driving physics is pretty naff. I havent made anything blow up yet so bear with me. But the falling is the same ... crap. U fall u dont roll or anything ... just fall like ur a puppet on a string it looks shockly bad. Some other stuff but i just cant be assed.

Maybe its just me as at the mo am pretty pissed off or it could be the game just sucks. Which didnt help that Play.com didnt even send me the right editon of the game lol
1080i will look shit. It's 720p upscaled and at half the frame rate (so your game might give you 60FPS but you can only see half that due to the interlacing). You're better of using 720p! As progressive will give you full 60FPS.

The reason for this is that interlaced signals deinterlace rows 1,3,5,7,9,11,13,15 etc etc on frame 1 and rows 2,4,6,8,10,12,14 on frame 2 effectively giving you half the frame rate. Whereas progressive refreshes each row of pixels independantly and thus gives a much better viewing experience....apparently.
Last edited by Matt on Fri Oct 17, 2008 3:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chewi
Anti-Hero

Post by Chewi » Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:16 am

Yeah, Matt's right, I think. Interlacing is a bitch. It's the reason why TV on this monitor doesn't look as sharp as an old TV. Knowing how shit it looks, I was really surprised to learn that new TVs have to deinterlace just like computers do for monitors. I just wish they'd ditch it already.
Last edited by Chewi on Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
EchoPark
Vagabond

Post by EchoPark » Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:15 am

fuck tell me something i dont know anyone can read wiki but what am sayin is i played every other 360 game on the setup i have and saints row is far the worse game, its like playin a wii game.

Its the fuckin 360s fault why games arnt at least 720 to begin with for some fucked up reason they didnt add the chipset and connection till later. They get up scaled from 480 or even lower.

But am not gonna change my settings for one game. I know why its shit, i wanted to know why, why is it just that game and not any other game in my collection. The 360 does a better job upscaling my xbox games than it