PSP or DS?

Everything from Console, PC & Handheld. This is the place your none On-line Graphic related play things go.
XenoRaven
Enforcer

Post by XenoRaven » Sun Dec 18, 2005 2:55 pm

Or just mod your PSP so you can download Emulators and ROMs. Can't buy any software though. Sony's put firmware on all games and movies that automatically updates your PSP so you can't play ROMs on it.
Scorn
Whelp

Post by Scorn » Sun Dec 18, 2005 6:41 pm

it's not automatically, they made sure that you needed the new firmware for GTA since everyone loves GTA
Chewi
Anti-Hero

Post by Chewi » Sun Dec 18, 2005 7:39 pm

Xanien wrote:Oh I see James ... it's like a massive emulator then that just works on memory cards? What kid? Flash Memory or what?
It uses SD cards, the kind used in most digital cameras. There are also SD cards being developed for things other than storage. For example, you could use an SD Bluetooth adapter to connect to other nearby users or something. It has a USB port for connecting it to the PC but in order to preserve battery power, that USB port isn't powered so it couldn't be used for much else. Most USB devices don't use external power.

It isn't just an emulator, it can run most Linux software because it runs Linux in much the same way that desktop computers do. That opens up a lot of potential.

I have a laptop and it's not something you can just whip out of your pocket when you're bored on the bus or whatever.
Super Goat Weed
Anti-Hero

Post by Super Goat Weed » Mon Dec 19, 2005 1:56 pm

dude, you already have something you can whip out of your pocket and play with when you're bored
Chewi
Anti-Hero

Post by Chewi » Mon Dec 19, 2005 4:23 pm

What, my loose change? What do you keep in your pocket? :lol:
Spider Jerusalem
Solider

Post by Spider Jerusalem » Tue Dec 20, 2005 12:35 am

Ah, I pine for 80 dollars to spend on that 512 MB ROM GBA cart...

Screw the PSP and the DS. The Gameboy lives forever.
Chewi
Anti-Hero

Post by Chewi » Tue Dec 20, 2005 9:08 am

Well Josh, if you got a 512MB SD card, you could do that with the GP2X. :P
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Tue Dec 20, 2005 9:41 am

I've noticed a pattern Chewi must always be an advocate of the bullshit system that no-one but total geeks cares about, like Linux for example
Chewi
Anti-Hero

Post by Chewi » Tue Dec 20, 2005 4:11 pm

Admit it, Mik, this thing is damn cool, you don't have to be a total geek to appreciate that. You don't have to be a total geek to use one either.
Shane
Not-A-Deserter

Post by Shane » Fri Dec 30, 2005 1:48 am

psp for life
:ph34r:
EchoPark
Vagabond

Post by EchoPark » Fri Dec 30, 2005 10:35 pm

When theres ppl like me theres a will!!! Well it wasnt me but dodgy dudes, cause u can cheat the game beliving that ur using firmware 2.0 so u can play gta, on a 1.5 firmware as i was doing it on xmas ^^.

I got a japanese PSP, dad wanted to get me a white one but mum said it looked silly lol but yea a japanese psp, meaning v1.5 woohoo, i been doing alot of crazy things on it, installin games on the media card. Problem being that my gig card isnt big enough, so i need to get a 4 gig pack, so i can have few games and movies on it at the same time That would make it better. But yea the PSP is alright, wide screen and fancy graphics, ... am not a big graphic whore i wouldnt mind some 8 bit games on it but i doubt i see any lol unless i get my SNES emu workin. I also got Smash Bros for it too, but i think i need a lower verison of firmware .... not sure. I'll get it workin. I find it uncomfty to use for a long period of time, hurts my hands, cant use the analog to low down.

The DS is sound like love the 2 screen idea and the touch screen, nintendo always suprises me, look at the rev!!!!! Its amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Plus i do love the nintendo games. I want Mario 64.
Drabe,ThePirateking
Whelp

Post by Drabe,ThePirateking » Tue Jan 03, 2006 8:00 am

ds i believe owns the psp, nintendo definately has the market with all there games, plus unlike the psp, they revolutionalized the market with there controls. revolutionalized, psp did nothing but scale down there entire system, made ehhh graphics, i could really care less about graphics. plus nintendo has the market on all the great games and what does psp have gta perhaps? well anyways, i just think the idea and effort put into the ds is better than that makeshift thing people call a psp, nothing against playstation, nintendo id have to say made a better product. plus you can emulate games right onto your ds which i think is pretty sweet, ive found a couple things actually like monkey island games and asteroids.
Xanien
Not-A-Deserter

Post by Xanien » Tue Jan 03, 2006 1:19 pm

Really good point there Drabe. Very well said. DS is definitely owning the PSP in the video game part of the handheld market, but PSP owns the DS in multimedia. The memory cards, the movies, the music, and the UMD movies are really putting the PSP apart from the DS. DS and wifi is much better than PSPs in my opinion, and even the ports are better for the DS. I'm so happy that Nintendo has all the early Final Fantasy games out on it's system now, not to mention games like Advance Wars and Mario Kart. However, look at PSP. They brought out Breath of Fire 3, GTA, and plus they get FFVII: Crisis Core.

There is definitely going to be a huge struggle for the Handheld market in the future. And the only loser is going to be Chewi's system! :P
Chewi
Anti-Hero

Post by Chewi » Tue Jan 03, 2006 4:32 pm

<_<
Xanien
Not-A-Deserter

Post by Xanien » Sun Jan 08, 2006 2:54 am

Just heard that the Nintendo DS sold somewhere around 400,000 units here in Japan for the Xmas season. I wonder how many PSPs were sold. Both were hot, but I think far more people were asking for a DS. Something big is gonna happen ... Nintendo is going to be back on top again soon, or at least a lot closer than the 15% of the market they have now.