FFXII Impressions

Everything from Console, PC & Handheld. This is the place your none On-line Graphic related play things go.
XenoRaven
Enforcer

Post by XenoRaven » Wed Nov 30, 2005 3:27 am

Alright, this gaming forum is gonna see a lot more action with me around. I'm gonna kick things off with asking about everyone's impressions on Final Fantasy XII. If you haven't tried it yet, I strongly recommend going out and getting Dragon Quest VIII. Not just for the FFXII demo, but for the game itself.

Anyway, I'll post mine later. I want to see what people have to say first. That is...if anyone other than Ben and me have even tried it.
Chewi
Anti-Hero

Post by Chewi » Wed Nov 30, 2005 3:40 am

Didn't know it was out yet. It's been a long time since I was counting down the hours to FFVIII's release.

Come to think of it, it probably won't be out this side of the pond for a while.
Last edited by Chewi on Wed Nov 30, 2005 3:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Wed Nov 30, 2005 9:22 am

I remember waiting for FF8 with baited breath, scouring new forums and fan sites for any shred of info I could find and as much as I loved the game and appriecated it, it wasn't ff7-2, which I'm sure everyone wanted and one of the reasons it was almost unverisally slammed by the communities.

FF9, was again alright game with a few lovely little ideas and effects but, really it was old skool it brought nothing new to table, it was appeasing the old hardcore masses that wanted RPG's to remain SD 8-bit and underground. It just didn't spark, there was no hook, I played the game to completetion never once giving a shit about the main characters, also after the game I felt like I'd seen enough of the world and didn't want to know what happened next.

FFX, was perhaps the most disappointing game I've ever played, possiblly not through any of the hype they made but maybe from that I made myself as of ff8 haters. But I was gutted, it was soooooo linear it wasn't even funny, it was; Town, 3 travel screens, town, temple, mini-boss fight, boss fight and repeat. Every RPG upto now (cept maybe MMO's) deny you the oppurinty to go anywhere but the route lain out but never before had it felt so obvious as it did in FFX and the game felt crapped. Walkways where maybe 2m's wide and level maps about 3min run distance at max to cross, challenges where forumalic and repeative, nearly every boss fight required the use of a specfic counter else you fail and required so much character sqitching to use everyones abilities.

FFX-2, the pink-RPG for barbie gamers (played 2minutes and 45 seconds before needing to vomit)

FFXII, it almost the last hope before my love for the series dies and I give up on SE and start looking at other RPG's like Last oddssesy from mistwalker.inc for my fix of AWESOME.

Everything I hear about FFXII sounds great and I can't wait but it's gonna be about a year minium before I can play it ... it better be good.
Last edited by Mik on Wed Nov 30, 2005 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
XenoRaven
Enforcer

Post by XenoRaven » Wed Nov 30, 2005 10:04 pm

Well, just the demo's out right now. It's packaged with Dragon Quest VIII, which is awesome by the way. I don't have time for details now, but I'll edit em in later.
Super Goat Weed
Anti-Hero

Post by Super Goat Weed » Thu Dec 01, 2005 7:43 am

the new system is DEFINATLY different. very fast, and even the 'wait' setting is pretty much real time. I don't know if i like it or hate it, but it didn't seem too bad in the demo. Very similar to ff XI. That's usualy how the system works though, they take some of the old ideas and do something new with it to make the newer game. Seemed fun to me though. I just hope all the missions aren't as stupid as the one in the demo. Kill 18 of this, and 21 of that to make another thing appear, then kill it. That was kinda lame.
April
Enforcer

Post by April » Tue Dec 06, 2005 9:11 am

I've been waiting to buy that damn game for awhile. I've just not had the extra cash to purchase it. I'm actually in the middle of Dragon Warrior 7. Almost done with it. Just got to the part of meeting God. No..not you William. ;) A different God that is.

Anyhow...I completely agree with Mik's statement. I HATED FF10. Never bothered with X-2. I was too afraid of seeing that stupid grid shit again. That or not having an actual world map. :angry: Teh suck that game was for sure. FF12 better be good. And they better not try converting it into an online game later on down the road with expansion packs. Cause if I play that game and it's actually good...and then they try putting an expansion pack for it online...I'll be really damn pissed off. I refuse to not only have to buy a game...but then to have to pay 10 bucks a month on top of that too. Hell no. Not worth my time nor money.
XenoRaven
Enforcer

Post by XenoRaven » Wed Dec 07, 2005 2:04 am

Believe me, there won't be an online gameplay mode for FFXII. There's no way.
April
Enforcer

Post by April » Wed Dec 07, 2005 9:48 am

XenoRaven wrote:Believe me, there won't be an online gameplay mode for FFXII. There's no way.

I sure as hell hope not. I'll be so damn pissed off. Much like I was with FF11. Grr.
I'll never play that game. I simply just can't afford to spend an extra 10 bucks a month to play a game. Plus to buy it and not only pay for internet service too. Bullocks I say. I hope that's the last damn FF game that they do online.
XenoRaven
Enforcer

Post by XenoRaven » Tue Jan 03, 2006 8:59 pm

Bullocks...LOL.

Best word ever.
Super Goat Weed
Anti-Hero

Post by Super Goat Weed » Wed Jan 04, 2006 3:36 am

online wasn't such a bad idea, but they should have done it more like 'guild wars' you buy the game, and you're done. no monthy fee. I would buy it then.

As it is, i don't own a single FF game past FF IX