Games these days . . .

Everything from Console, PC & Handheld. This is the place your none On-line Graphic related play things go.
Super Goat Weed
Anti-Hero

Post by Super Goat Weed » Sun Apr 02, 2006 1:58 pm

there's actually about 5 batteries there, i know becaues i was using the gravity gun to knock cars off cliffs for shits. there may be even more, but i know there's definatly more then 3.
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:35 pm

http://ep1.half-life2.com/

I was just thinking....

If they go beyond 2 episodes.
I can excuse the lack of an ending in the core game.

ofcourse the focus will then be shifted to the epsodes and make it easier to "jump the shark" if they dont keep up a good writting team.

The also have to maintain a core voice cast.

I'm interested in seeing how this will work out more behind the scenes than the actual game.

I mean, are they going to start signing writters and actors now?
Will we have a sort of season finally?
just ho9w long do they intend to carry the series anyway?
will alyx wink at the screen again!?
Last edited by kaos on Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Super Goat Weed
Anti-Hero

Post by Super Goat Weed » Mon Apr 10, 2006 2:26 pm

that turned you on didn't it?
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Mon Apr 10, 2006 4:51 pm

Damn right.
Super Goat Weed
Anti-Hero

Post by Super Goat Weed » Mon Apr 17, 2006 12:32 pm

voice acting wouldn't really matter. Gordon never says a word, and the rest of the actors could easily be new characters.
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Mon Apr 17, 2006 1:33 pm

doubt that.
when you have a voice cast that includes Giulm and Gosset jr you cant just go replacing people all willy nilly.

besides. its not like valve doesnt have the money.
Bogey
Not-A-Deserter

Post by Bogey » Wed Apr 19, 2006 6:13 pm

They need to bring the guy back from Blue Shift who said "Wait Calhoun" in that funny voice. I miss that guy.
Super Goat Weed
Anti-Hero

Post by Super Goat Weed » Fri Apr 21, 2006 2:13 pm

i never played blue shift, or any of the half life alternates except counter strike.
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Mon May 01, 2006 2:55 pm

half life 2 is the shit why?

http://www.videosift.com/story.php?id=24

thats why
XenoRaven
Enforcer

Post by XenoRaven » Mon May 01, 2006 9:06 pm

Lastwolf wrote:
....DIE !!!!

Halo 2 has to be one of the Worst 'excuse' for an FPS in the history of games, the only reason it even succeded was because of retards and the fact that is virtually unapposed as all FPS on console and that are based for multiplatform work fucking suck.
If I ever saw you in public, I'd stick you with a plasma grenade.

I can understand not liking the game. You can not like it from here to next Tuesday for all I care. But not appreciating it's genius is a totally different story. Halo 2's multiplayer is nothing short of a masterpiece. PC FPS developers would do well to take notes. It achieves a balance in it's gameplay that I have yet to see in any shooter. For every weapon you use, there's a trade-off. I could go into detail here, but there's simply too much to list. I'll sum it up this way though, it's not just a headshot-fest like so many other FPS's out there. There's an art and a science behind each weapon, and you have to learn it in order to use them effectively. Also, the level design is brilliant as well, which further extends the learning curve. You could master all the weapons and combos and stuff, and if you didn't know the maps, you'd be slaughtered. Few things are more satisfying than when you get in a fight, you know you're outgunned, so you make a simple crouch jump off to a higher platform, drop a grenade, and not only escape, but kill the pursuing opponent. No bump, no corner, no rock, no ledge is without it's own purpose. I've literally been playing the game on Live at least once a week for a year, and I still learn new stuff all the time. That type of intricacy speaks for itself. The level of depth in it is almost unbelievable. I hardly consider the people that explore that depth, and exploit the games physics and design to their fullest "retards." Also, I'd like to add that Halo 2 is hardly "unopposed" in the console FPS world. Other devs just fail to deliver like Bungie does.

Now, I'm not trying to come across as a douche bag, ragging on you simply because you have a different opinion than me. That's why I'll say this again, I don't care if you don't like the game. But just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's not a good game. In fact, if you took the time to explore it's depth, you'd realize how brilliantly developed it is.
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Tue May 02, 2006 12:40 am

Dude, I SEEN tournament play.

As with all games the pr0 ppl can be easily spotted from the not so, but the guy on top was spamming grenades and bashing people.

It has shown nothing that is new, at tournament level, map negoitation is paramount, you have to know the level backwards, shit in some CS maps I used to be able to navagate blind, simple because I knew all the turns and I'm not even that good.

Sound has been key in FPS for as long as I remember in Halo 2 it was fairly irrelvant, which is the number 1 killer for me.

People been bouncing nades since before Quake 1, I've seen guys bounce other people across maps and THEN rail them.

My number 1 gripe is that standalone Halo and it's map-pack Halo 2 is a fairly standard FPS by resonable terms and not anywhere near worth the hype it got.

Single player storyline.... a note saying

'Your name is Dude, kill some shit' would have been superior imo

I will always want to be overly meleodramatic in the shit that I say because that's the kinda jackass I am. But I'm a bread and butter FPS man and mouse will always be greater in my mind than any Pad game ever built.
Super Goat Weed
Anti-Hero

Post by Super Goat Weed » Wed May 03, 2006 2:31 am

you're both right

mouselook owns

and halo's game design was genius. Really Mik, if you'd played it a bit more, you'd probably understand what he's talking about. It took me forever to get into it, and it's still not my favorite FPS game by a longshot, but it's definatly the best console based one i've ever played.
XenoRaven
Enforcer

Post by XenoRaven » Wed May 03, 2006 3:03 am

Super Goat Weed wrote:It took me forever to get into it, and it's still not my favorite FPS game by a longshot
You just say that cause I'm like a bazillion times better than you.
Super Goat Weed
Anti-Hero

Post by Super Goat Weed » Wed May 03, 2006 3:59 am

dude, seriously, the xbox stays in the car all week. i don't even hook it up in my room anymore. The only time i play it is on halo night. I play Half Life 2, and FEAR all the time though. And classic DOOM too, although slightly updated :D
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Wed May 03, 2006 9:23 am

I can't see the genius in Halo.

I won't disagree it's a fairly good console FPS, there is nothing that we haven't seen before ripping off everyone elses idea's is not genius. They did nothing innovative.

There have been better idea's that didn't really spark, like Red Faction there was some fresh thinking, wasn't a great FPS by any means but a fairly good one with some great idea's.

FEAR was pretty good because of the whole Max Payne- bullet time deal going on and some fairly cool imagery.

Half-life 2 was regression for me, the graphics where awesome, the actual mechanics of the game where pretty cool but the AI was fairly retarded and very easily fooled, whatever happened to those soliders that threw grenades at you before you turned a corner?

only hard part was those fucking helicopters