Games these days . . .

Everything from Console, PC & Handheld. This is the place your none On-line Graphic related play things go.
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Wed May 03, 2006 11:06 am

I swear the AI in HL@ was programed to seek out the nearest explosive barrel and stand next to it.
Super Goat Weed
Anti-Hero

Post by Super Goat Weed » Wed May 03, 2006 11:17 am

yeah, i'll give you the dumb AI in HL2, but the game's fun factor made up for it i think. you can kill people by throwing a toilet at their face. a TOILET. come on now.

as for FEAR, i also loved the gernades in that. in Halo 2, the gernades take like 5 min to explode. plenty of time for you to run if you see them. In FEAR, they hit the ground, you better already be running, and even then, you'll probably pick up some splash damage if you don't get behind some cover. Makes using them and dodging them an actual challenge.

also, in HL2, the zombies were probably trying to pick up the barrels, unless you're talking about the combine soldiers. I think they were supposed to come off as dumb with little combat experience, as opposed to, say, marines and seals in HL 1.
Last edited by Super Goat Weed on Wed May 03, 2006 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Wed May 03, 2006 5:53 pm

I dont like either type of grenades there.
I'm quite fond of cooking mine.

it doesnt become an issue if you know the formula.
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Thu May 04, 2006 8:25 am

cooking nade's was it's best in COD UO however the rest of the game tried to do too much to alter the gamepaly and the weapon balance was a little off.

for example a Panzerfaust (German Anti-Tank weapon) could destroy armoured vechiles but could kill a person on 100% health, I did enjoy someone screaming at me cause I did kill him once but generally it was not possible.

COD2 was a major let down, no gun recoil, regenerative health and the sound ... OMFG muffled to hell.