A Gamers Manifesto

Everything from Console, PC & Handheld. This is the place your none On-line Graphic related play things go.
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Sat Jun 11, 2005 1:14 pm

http://www.pointlesswasteoftime.com/games/manifesto.html

Most of this makes sense. When you've finished that, try the Halo 2 one or the WoW one (Links at the bottom)
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Sat Jun 11, 2005 5:44 pm

I Thiought you said it made sense?

some of that is just stupid thoughtless bitching
like the whole AI bit.

AI is not a console thing, ita developer thing thats done by developers.
all of that could have been done current generation and even the generation before.

all the console is needed for is to make sure its fast enuff to run it.

its not somthing thats dependant on the game system.

as for halo=crime

i didnt bother, thats a stupid title that im judging by the cover.
Massacre
Solider

Post by Massacre » Sat Jun 11, 2005 6:35 pm

wow. just wow. that is one of the biggest piles of bullshit i have ever wasted my time reading. I kept telling myself that the next stopic was going to be insightful worthwhile but damn was i wrong. 95% of what that guy said was like kaos said: frustrated bitching
it sounds like the poor bastard couldnt beat a few mildly difficult games so he went on a rant about it.

Also, it seriously pisses me off when ppl bitch and whine about a game's difficulty. Suck it up and play the damn game dont go looking for help. for an example, Shinobi for ps2 was one of the hardest games ive ever played, ive yet to beat it on the highest diffuculty where i can barely manage to fight my way to the 3rd level boss but every now and then ill break away from the current game im playing and go back to it and i get a little closer each time and someday ill be good enough to beat it. ive heard of ppl who give up an entire series because they couldnt get past part of a game. i didnt read the other articles and dont plan to cuz i have better things to do.
Last edited by Massacre on Sat Jun 11, 2005 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Super Goat Weed
Anti-Hero

Post by Super Goat Weed » Sat Jun 11, 2005 7:20 pm

yeah i'm glad i just wasted 15 min of my life reading that

whoever wrote that must fucking LIVE in their own personal dark slimy, smelly cave called ASS
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Sat Jun 11, 2005 8:35 pm

I took pretty much the whole thing with the idea of humour in mind. Same with the Halo 2 one, it is actually funny.
Evil Matt
Enforcer

Post by Evil Matt » Sat Jun 11, 2005 9:47 pm

Where's the game where we're a castaway on a deserted island and the object of the game is to find food and clean water and build a shelter, a game where we can play for one month or six months, because whether or not we get rescued is randomized? Where every time we restart we get a different island with different wildlife and vegetation and water sources?
And this person supposedly knows what he is talking about?
Massacre
Solider

Post by Massacre » Sat Jun 11, 2005 11:18 pm

Evil Matt wrote:Where's the game where we're a castaway on a deserted island and the object of the game is to find food and clean water and build a shelter, a game where we can play for one month or six months, because whether or not we get rescued is randomized? Where every time we restart we get a different island with different wildlife and vegetation and water sources?

who the fuck wants to paly a game like that anyways? prolly just that guy
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Sun Jun 12, 2005 8:08 am

video games have to be games.

Im not saying they all need to be shooters and platformers

but they do need to have short term goals that make them enjoyable to play.

a 6 year long life sim is nither fun nor short term.
thats a chore.

if video games get like that I'll happily go back to playing connect four, guess who, and trouble.
EchoPark
Vagabond

Post by EchoPark » Sun Jun 12, 2005 12:09 pm

i remember i had a game that the main purpose was to glow cannbuis .... i mean it had the real time scale of doing it ... i gave up after 10 mins lol
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:25 am

No body wants to play the type of games he's talking about .. cause they suck. Oddball games have 'ball' in their names for one reason 99% of the time they suck 'balls'.

The only gripe I agree with is the one about EA buying NFL rights and the patenting of soft/ hardware you can think of but cannot apply nor create, it's retarded. I could go out and patent a time machine that was power by the cleaner fluid Toilet Duck, No I cna't build it and I don't even know where to start but if some does come up with a way I can sue that person for stealing my intellectual property .... WTF ?

Sony's Cell processor can in all reality if put in a PC run three or four OS's on the same machine at the SAME time. They have a processing power house in their box and sure they have a custom made graphics card from Nvidia but it and the XboX360 are truly next gen machines and have next gen graphics why can't we reasonably assume that they will have next gen content and gameplay.

I read and article by the Unreal guys who where talking about map making in UT2k7 where a map designer could put a mini game inside his map and have it run in real time. Theroically allowing you have a racing sim inside the UT map you constructed. The possiblities opened up are almost limitless.

The guy is bitching for the sake of it and it is funny but I take it with a pinch of salt, read the halo 2 article if you don't believe me, where the subject has a 'murder-fueled erection'.
Last edited by Mik on Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Super Goat Weed
Anti-Hero

Post by Super Goat Weed » Mon Jun 13, 2005 4:06 pm

i've got better things to do thanks...
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Mon Jun 13, 2005 4:23 pm

exactly, Mik.

I got the link from a forum with people houling with laughter at it. I read it with humour in mind and really did find it pretty funny. Especially the Halo 2 one.