their it is.

Everything from Console, PC & Handheld. This is the place your none On-line Graphic related play things go.
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Fri Jun 03, 2005 5:52 am

http://community.teamxbox.com/xbox/987/Cha...-Revolution/p1/

the sign that gaming is now a very huge part of entertainment.
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Fri Jun 03, 2005 9:02 am

fucking EA
EchoPark
Vagabond

Post by EchoPark » Fri Jun 03, 2005 12:22 pm

all true tho, they brought over some of the best names in the business and now there gone to shit
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Fri Jun 03, 2005 1:11 pm

Most of the lads at westwood went to Blizzard, who are probably the Anti- EA.

EA Shits are looking to buy over Eidos a company reknowned for being just like EA (rushing games to make a quick buck, hence fucking the gameplay) but with some desent dev teams (i.e. Crystal Dynamics and Sports interactive)

It's high time everyone boycotted EA.
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Fri Jun 03, 2005 2:31 pm

What you need is an established game developer to say somthing about before that happens.

microsoft
sony
and nintendo

would be perfect for it.
but they wont do it because they all feel like ea is the left arm of a their console or some crap.

It'd be really interesting to see another 3rd party go head to head with them.

or for a few companies who EA wants tries to buy to Publicly Reject them.

Ubisoft went up for grabs recently and everybody got scared shitless that EA-would buy them. thankfully IBM did first. but had EA tried to buy them it would have been cool for them to make a public rejection.
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Fri Jun 03, 2005 7:08 pm

The moment EA took control of Westwood and produced Generals is when I learned to hate them and everything they're doing.

They make Saddam look like a puppy.
WildCard
Not-A-Deserter

Post by WildCard » Fri Jun 03, 2005 9:30 pm

i hate EA more than anything in the world.
EchoPark
Vagabond

Post by EchoPark » Fri Jun 03, 2005 10:53 pm

I agree Shin, C&C went balls up when EA started, but mike will agree that Renadge was still a good game lol.

EA just spoiled everything for me.

Arnt Nintendo not gonna be doing consoles anymore after this one only games?
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Fri Jun 03, 2005 11:08 pm

what they're only doing this next console?
Chewi
Anti-Hero

Post by Chewi » Sat Jun 04, 2005 2:40 am

When even Mik says we should boycott EA then you know it must be bad! Yeah I fucking hate them too. 25% of the market or something I read a while back. That's fucking disgusting.
EchoPark
Vagabond

Post by EchoPark » Sat Jun 04, 2005 10:04 am

Yea so i heard Shin, there being stupid cause there console can do anything they want, but b/c there not changing there marketing plan there been gettin slowly gang banged by Sony and MS. If they started doing more adult games it could of done better. Nintendo might be going the way of Sega
Bogey
Not-A-Deserter

Post by Bogey » Sat Jun 04, 2005 5:06 pm

Sega were losing money a long time before Dreamcast, Nintendo however are still very much in the plus. If they do go the same way as Sega it won't be for a long time. Hopefully the Revolution is their chance to start again with better marketing.

I dunno what the last EA game I bought was, I might go burn it out of principal.
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Sat Jun 04, 2005 6:02 pm

I have Generals, but I aint about to burn it, it cost me nothing, so meh.

25% of the market share in developers is disgusting, where are we going to get our difference? Where can I get a decent game, instead of one that EA have churned out.

For example, Medal of Honour: Rising Sun. Comepared to its predecesors, it's less entertaining than watching a man wank himself into a dish. Bad example? Just think how entertained you'd be at that sight. Think of how much you would be disgusted. Yep, thats about right. Thats how shite that game is.

That is to mention just one game.

I'll be sticking with my 3D "When it's done" Realms, ID software and my Blizzard.

As for Nintendo, You can safily say its MS that pushed them this far. Before the XB, Sony and Nintendo were in friendly competition. Each offering a different experience. CD quality sound vs Better graphics. The MS came into the market, threw more money at people then had been previously done and won market share due to its name. Of course, it was a Microsoft games console, Microsoft know what they're doing. Obviously they did >.<

And, I think I'm done. I have no idea what the point to that rant was likes.
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Sat Jun 04, 2005 7:04 pm

WHAT?

You actually think people bought an Xbox cuzz of the Microsoft name?

*smack*

The microsoft name actually made people stay away from it.
people picked up xbox for one reason only. It was impressive.

Its sad to see nintendo go(if they do), but at the same time its somthing they brought on them selves. you cant blame microsoft for pushing them into it.

nintendos practice was great in the begining becuase of 1 reason. most of the video game fan base were indeed people of youth.

however they still market to that age group.
and while its cool that they do, its not cool that they leave out the more grown up gamers.

reason being the older gamers are the ones that were the youths in the begining.
and as a company its in your best interest to grow up with your fanbase.

nintendo hasnt, or hasnt done it well enuff.

and thats why they are in the position they are in now.
Last edited by kaos on Sat Jun 04, 2005 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bogey
Not-A-Deserter

Post by Bogey » Sat Jun 04, 2005 7:23 pm

Yeah, the Microsoft name detered me to begin with. Plus the look of the ugly thing. Nintendo really did bring it on themselves, you see PS2 and Xbox all over the place, but no Gamecube advertising. Sure they're focusing on the wrong audience, but they could have easily got more customers if they let more people know about it. Something like they've done with the DS. I see that all over the place, sponsering TV shows too. They're capable of it but never bothered with the Gamecube.