their it is.

Everything from Console, PC & Handheld. This is the place your none On-line Graphic related play things go.
EchoPark
Vagabond

Post by EchoPark » Sat Jun 04, 2005 11:13 pm

thank yous, u both said what i wanted to say. I cant see how ppl blame the X-Box for nintendos loses, now thats the biggest load of shit i've heard. Nintendo start to go down hill in the time of the N64. It was an alright console but there wasnt nothin to special about it.

They rich ... very rich but rumours have there just gonna stick to hand held and make games. Just rumours tho. But Nintendo has to change its market. They team can come out with amazing ideas, its just a pity about the games.

But if i was using Shins theory of MS putting Nintendo out ... can i blame Sony for taken out Sega? I mean to the theory it should be correct :P
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Sat Jun 04, 2005 11:35 pm

Yes you can blaim Sony for Sega, it pretty much was >.<

And no I'm talking about game developers buying into MS because of the MS name. The reason I want an XB is because they're impressive.
EchoPark
Vagabond

Post by EchoPark » Sun Jun 05, 2005 12:12 am

but it wasnt really there fault ... it was there selfs, the console was good but with the saturn being a blow out, and the major flaw on dreamcast ... it couldnt get the developers.
Melana
Distgrunted Hero

Post by Melana » Sat Jun 11, 2005 2:33 pm

I dont know about you guys but during that whole year for the launch of the PS2, XBOX and Gamecube there was a massive marketing war between Microsoft and Sony to get themselves in peoples homes. Here they slashed prices, had impressive bundled deals and hell just advertised like crazy. Joe's right in that most of the advertising for Gamecube just wasn't profound enough. Also there marketing strategy wasn't that great, it got pre=empted by the other two consols and whilst it labeled itself as a kind of family gaming consol, most of there demographic had probably already purchased a consol and most families aren't going to splurge on luxieries like that in so short a period of time.

Aiming at the young generations with frivilous amounts of money to spend would of been wise. But HELL over here, Xbox was feared and reviled before it came...it's MICROSOFT for pete sake. Playstation had a much much MUCH bigger impact on the Gamecube performance here than the Xbox. The other major problem with the gamecube i dont think you guys have thought of is...it's JUST a gaming consol. It didn't have the other capabilities that the PS2 and XBOX had.

If i was being wise with my investments....do i want something that just plays games...or something that plays games, dvd's and CD's? Plus PS2 had not only gaming generation play back with PS1 but also gear as well. Alot more economical knowning your joysticks plug into two different machines.
Last edited by Melana on Sat Jun 11, 2005 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Sat Jun 11, 2005 3:50 pm

Thats so true. Playstation are trying to push away from the gaming console and onto an entertainment console. Offering DVD playback and such.

Trust Japan with your money, look what it did for the bloke who invented Dyson vacs *nods knowingly*
Bogey
Not-A-Deserter

Post by Bogey » Sat Jun 11, 2005 4:19 pm

I never understood that whole entertainment system thing before. People have told be gamecubes are crap because of it, yet these same people have DVD players anyway. DVD players are so cheap anyway, why use a console that either doesn't play them as effectively or is bloody noisy? Plus you'd have to hate music to listen to it through a TV, unless you have a nice sound system on it, in which case you should have a decent stereo anyway. I couldn't understand why these people would pay extra for something they didn't use. Just because it's there? I'm sorry but I'm a bit more practical than that.
Super Goat Weed
Anti-Hero

Post by Super Goat Weed » Sat Jun 11, 2005 5:10 pm

i don't know it makes sense to me

i mean the ps1 used CD's, and therefore it had a cd player built in

it makes sense that a DVD player should play DVD's as well
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Sat Jun 11, 2005 5:20 pm

I see what he's saying tho. IF you have a dvd player already...why should the lack of dvd playback on your game system even be a factor?

I think on my ps2 i played all of 3 dvd movies. and that was only becuase the other dvd player was being used by somone else at the time.

on the xbox I didnt use the feature at all. and probably wont on the next gen consoles either.

dvd players a 30 bucks.
Bogey
Not-A-Deserter

Post by Bogey » Sat Jun 11, 2005 6:50 pm

The idea of an entertainment system is good, but I think with the PS2 sony did it at the expense of making a decent and reliable gaming console.