PS3 wins.

Everything from Console, PC & Handheld. This is the place your none On-line Graphic related play things go.
Joe Cartoon
Alive

Post by Joe Cartoon » Thu Jul 21, 2005 8:33 pm

I really hate to burst everyones bubble here, but the Xbox 360 FAR out performs the PS3...I still would much rather buy a PS3, because I have been a Sony boy my whole life. When the Playstation came out, I got it, played it till it died. Then when PS2 came out, got it, still playing it today. So in essense, i have to continue my tradition, and follow up with the titles and companies i love, such as Square Enix. While i do love the Xbox and i would love to get the 360, there are a few reasons against it;

1. Its gonna end up costing $500, which is money im not willing to spend...

2. Theres a selected few titles that i truly enjoy from the Xbox line-up, and i personally dont want to spend a fortune just so i can buy a few good games.

3. There is'nt much more that the Xbox 360 has that the PS3 cant live up to. most of the game companies today have titles in both Xbox AND Playstation. I see it as a waste of money to spend so much on the Xbox when you can get the same stuff on the PS.

4. Upgrades. Neither one has come very far from their forefathers. Everything that is available on the Xbox 360, was on the Xbox. As for the PS3, they have merely added a new line of games that are only available on the PS3. While I'm sure that Microsoft is going to do the same thing with the Xbox, I'm also sure that the PS3 will have a wider variety of titles sooner than the Xbox would.

5. Past experiences. I have had great experiences with the PS. The Selection of games for the PS were great, and same with the PS2. I think that the Xbox was more of a "look what i can do!" more than they were trying to make good games. when the Xbox first came out, i gave it some serious thought, because i knew that it performed excelently, but i also knew that their werent many titles for it. When the PS2 came out, it alerady had a good 20 titles on it. Also, it gave me reason to buy it, because of the wide variety of games bound to come out, and that it played games you already had. Xbox couldnt say the same, it was the PSX of its time.

6. While it would be a great time to get an Xbox 360 because of the current titles available for the Xbox, and with the new titles coming out for the 360, I know that, again, it is going to cost a small fortune, which a poor bastard like me can not comply with...
EchoPark
Vagabond

Post by EchoPark » Fri Jul 22, 2005 3:10 am

if ur gonna get a 360 for $500 ur gettin robbed.
Super Goat Weed
Anti-Hero

Post by Super Goat Weed » Fri Jul 22, 2005 3:26 am

i don't think this guy knows what he's talking about

besides... he registered and made ONE POST, this one.

he probably works for Sony :P
EchoPark
Vagabond

Post by EchoPark » Fri Jul 22, 2005 1:29 pm

lol could be lol

I know for a fact that the 360 is gonna be cheaper and it isnt gonna be that much. I dont think the ps3 isnt gonna be that much.

And the PS3 will be a superiouer console if it can get the hardware, problems have arised with the blue ray laser, Sony and Toshiba arnt seeing eye to eye at the moment.
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Fri Jul 22, 2005 3:41 pm

$500 is wast about £299 it's hardly out of the question the PS2 was pretty close to that on release
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Fri Jul 22, 2005 4:44 pm

yeah but when the competition is 200 bucks cheaper?
Super Goat Weed
Anti-Hero

Post by Super Goat Weed » Sat Jul 23, 2005 12:22 am

well, the xbox itself cost more then we paid for it, and so did the ps2. both companies took a hit on the production costs in hopes of making the money back in software. They both did, Microsoft with Halo and Sony with... well... all sorts of shit

so i'm sure the systems will cost more then we'll actually pay for them
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Sat Jul 23, 2005 5:13 am

I read that even at $500 sony will still be taking a $100 hit
Massacre
Solider

Post by Massacre » Sun Jul 24, 2005 4:29 pm

cuz thats such an enourmous blow to them.....
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Sun Jul 24, 2005 4:57 pm

well the object of the game is to make money not loose money.

a loss of $100 per system is a mighty big hole to dig.

and theirs only one way out of it and everybody knows what it is.
over charge for somthing thats not even worth it.

so show me your sarcasm when your paying $20 bucks for a demo disc or an average of $60 per game. hell maybe even $50 bucks for an adition controller

theyre going to scam the money right back out of you.
Massacre
Solider

Post by Massacre » Sun Jul 24, 2005 6:58 pm

haha since when do i pay for games?
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Sun Jul 24, 2005 11:25 pm

well in that case why would you even bother to make commentary on prices then?
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Tue Jul 26, 2005 2:08 pm

The way I see this is, MS are releasing the XB360 this year, around about X-Mas over here. That means they are now having to finalize thier product, so last minute changes are out of the question. So, Sony are going to have the advantage of getting hold of an X-Box, most likely ripping it to pieces and seeing how it works. That means Sony are gonna have about 3-4 months to make changes to the already better looking PS3, then, knowing Sony, knowing how little there release dates actually mean ("oh, December 1995....oh wait no, Dec 1996...hmm, no we'll go with Jul 1996.hmmmmmmm")

In conclusion, I can most definatly say the PS3 has the upper hand, not only that, but the PSP is released this year (For us, you lot had it a while, right?)

The more I think about it, Sony are just like a biiiiiiig connex kit, fitting all thier shit together.
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Tue Jul 26, 2005 6:31 pm

in other words
sony's "strategy" is to copy xbox360
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Tue Jul 26, 2005 9:14 pm

Umm, no. Thats not the point I was getting at.

Sony already have a better peice of hardware, on top of that, they have about 3-4 months after the 360 release to better it.