PS3 wins.

Everything from Console, PC & Handheld. This is the place your none On-line Graphic related play things go.
Super Goat Weed
Anti-Hero

Post by Super Goat Weed » Fri May 20, 2005 2:30 am

double ended dildo
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Fri May 20, 2005 3:00 am

I just found out that these controllers where designed by an elite team of lesbians.
EchoPark
Vagabond

Post by EchoPark » Fri May 20, 2005 2:42 pm

yea its what i heard about the dual shock ... it was theres to use or something.

Lesbians u say .... the console cant be that bad then
Bogey
Not-A-Deserter

Post by Bogey » Fri May 20, 2005 4:34 pm

That controller looks really uncomfortable. I can't get over how they can make controllers to just look good over being comfortable. I still stand by the Gamecube controller being the most comfortable and easy to use controller, and I expect the same to come from the Revolution.

BTW, hate to sound like a Nintendo fanboy, just need someone to speak up about them. Everyone acts like it's a 2 horse race.
Super Goat Weed
Anti-Hero

Post by Super Goat Weed » Fri May 20, 2005 5:14 pm

Nintendo really dosn't have anything to show, or not as much as the other two contenders. They've shown the unit, but no word as to what in it, and nothing about the controllers other then the fact that they are going to be wireless

as far as controllers go, i think the smaller sized xbox ones were pretty good, but i have a nyko air flow that's VERY comfortable. it's a little larger then the small size, and fits quite nicely.
EchoPark
Vagabond

Post by EchoPark » Fri May 20, 2005 5:35 pm

i would talk about nintendo, but there really isnt any news on it as goat says. There keeping very hush hush.

Nothin wrong being a nintendo fan boy lol i hold great respect for them as there very long running and do make excellent consoles its just they dont make the games for this generation i feel.

I like the x-box controllers they fit in my hand nicely. I really need to get this air flow one
Bogey
Not-A-Deserter

Post by Bogey » Fri May 20, 2005 6:53 pm

The thing I didn't like about the xbox controllers was the 6 buttons all close to each other with similar sizes. You had to get used to using it and not pushing the wrong button by mistake. Fine if you own one and can get used to it, but a bastard for multiplaying with someone who doesn't own one. I picked up the gamecube controller and could use it instantly, apart from that stupid Z button, someone should get shot for that.

What exactly does all that crap about specs mean to you people? They make it too complicated so you can't make a clear comparison anyway. It's a bunch of useless numbers. Besides, Nintendo don't often release too much information early, because they're aiming for innovation, which would be stupid to show to the competition. They stated clearly that the controllers will be able to play vintage nintendo games, yet also bring something new to gaming (not touch screen though).

The Revolution will be wireless internet ready out of the box, and they won't charge for their online service like Xbox Live. I wouldn't say that's no information, and I didn't mention everything.
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Fri May 20, 2005 7:37 pm

yeah nintendos conference was pretty good.

their whole wireless net plan is awsome.
and their take on backward compatability kicks everyone elses ass.

you could play every mario game ever made for a home console on the revolution.
EchoPark
Vagabond

Post by EchoPark » Fri May 20, 2005 10:35 pm

i'm a hardware geek and that theres not really been a game to grab me for a couple of years, all i care is about is the hardware and what i can do to it
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Sat May 28, 2005 8:20 am

Last time it was the xbox controller.

more commonly reffered to as a brick.

next generation its the Ps3 controller...

http://www.nitrolic.com/ps3controller1.php
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Sun May 29, 2005 11:59 am

The controller looks pretty harsh, I mean, dual shock is part of the gaming experience now.

I like the sounds of this PS3, I'll buy one. I've nothing against the X-Box anymore, I'll buy the old one for now and mod it with linux and just never take it online, that way, MS can lick my nuts if they think they own my console.
Massacre
Solider

Post by Massacre » Sun May 29, 2005 10:58 pm

i can see sony's thought process now....

"Man everybody loves our contoller design for the ps1 we'll use it for the ps2 as well! Then when we get to ps3, we'll throw the controller designs to shit just to confuse people!"
EchoPark
Vagabond

Post by EchoPark » Sun May 29, 2005 11:24 pm

But theres no dual shock in this controller as they had to remove it over legal battles.
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Sun May 29, 2005 11:33 pm

too lazy to come up with their own simular system similar to dual shock then?

I knew theyd lost the battle but i was sure theyd come up with a version of their own.
for them to just leave it out says a bit.
EchoPark
Vagabond

Post by EchoPark » Mon May 30, 2005 1:07 am

well the x-box pads will now hold 3 rumble componets, operating at different speeds. Its werid that the PS new pad will have none, maybe they will think of something soon