Guild wars

Everything from Console, PC & Handheld. This is the place your none On-line Graphic related play things go.
Darkside
Enforcer

Post by Darkside » Mon Apr 18, 2005 7:09 pm

So, who around here likes playing MMORPG's? This has to be the best i've ever played. Amazing graphics, awsome gameplay, nice character customization. The final beta weekend just ended at 12am, first time i've participated in a beta test. It was pretty damn hot how it ended.

Started off with them making EXP rain from the sky(about a 1000EXP everytime your character glowed), then they turned the sky dark and had fired works.(EXP rain was still going) Finally everyone got on top of the stairs in the main city for a picture and wham, freaking 6 200ft Stone lava worm things come out of the ground and belly flops on everyone killing all. Some funny shit that was. people tried getting back in the game and kept getting killed. they finally killed the server so we'de stop. :/ (i got a few pictures of this if anyone wants to see) :)

So far, this game is well worth the $50 you pay for it. Free online, and getting to play an amazing game. If your looking to get an exclusive item, pre-order before the 27th.

anyone planning on getting this? we can probally start an aura guild or something.

Guild wars <----if anyone want to check it out.

down with the greedy game called FF11!!
Super Goat Weed
Anti-Hero

Post by Super Goat Weed » Mon Apr 18, 2005 9:45 pm

Bah, no Rogue / stealth class, only some bloody PITA freak ranger. It also might have helped your cause if you'd let us know about the game BEFORE the beta expired. I don't know about you guys, but i work too damn hard to chuck money on some game i haven't even played yet. And by played, especially with a MMORPG, i mean spent QUITE some time on it. Most demo periods are too damn short, or limit you in some gay way, like saying you can't use certian classes

well FUCK that. I mean hell, maybe by playing a certian class i might change my idea about the game. Limit the map, limit the time, limit just about ANYTHING else, but don't tell me what classes i can and cannot use, that's just a sure fire way to piss most gamers off.

while i'm on the rant, i've not yet seen an MMORPG i can actually tolerate for more then a couple of hours

they get BORING

if this one is so different, i'm sure i'll hear about it.

Next time don't wait so damn long to tell us. who knows, you might have gotten half of the forum playin allong with you. Now that it's gonna cost money, i doubt that will be the case.
Last edited by Super Goat Weed on Mon Apr 18, 2005 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Tue Apr 19, 2005 12:00 am

i checked it out a few weeks ago. havent played. but i was kinda dissapointed with the job choices. they seemed a little limited.

typicly i like to play like a hand to hand rouge or a monk.
the monk in this game was more like a white mage, and i'm no good with magic.

still it looks good. I may check it out later on if they add more job choices.
Darkside
Enforcer

Post by Darkside » Tue Apr 19, 2005 12:05 am

All class's where open, along with a new area. you could do anything you wanted. The only way you'd guys would have been able to play for free is by kissing someones ass that had a number to allow "1" person to play during the beta test. but most have spent 5 big bucks to pre order the game to be able to try the game. as far as i can tell, this game isn't boring at all. i haven't seen anyone dislike this game.

There's going to be a lot more class's than 6 in the future. The class's that where made for the final version are Worrior's, Rangers, Necromancers, Monks, Mesmer's and elementalist. and i repeat, all have been usable since they stared the beta testing in october. This wasn't a stupid demo you get in a PC magazine that allows you 15 minutes of gameplay. this was the actual real deal.

i played a bunch in this game, and i was still hours behind everyone. everyone must have more of the map open from playing in other beta weekends. i wasn't even able to get to the new area that was opened up. The people that made the game use to work for blizzard, if you've done any research, blizz games are fairly popular. they make that FF11 game look like pure shit. for an amazing looking game like this, 50 fucking bucks is well worht the price since it's FREE ONLINE, no fucking money fees.

and just to shut you up, this game has been mentioned a few times in arua's gaming forum and i believe this one to. so don't go fucking bitching at me because you failed to read anything important about the game and the beta testing weekends. because it does seem you knew some fair ammount of the game as i read your post. They had that shit plastered all over the at guildwars.com about pre-ordering and the beta weekends. it's been like that for months. you can walk into any gaming store and see Guild wars plastered all over. "Pre-order now, set up your account on arenanet and take part in beta weekends. and get lots of other exclusive stuff".
Last edited by Darkside on Tue Apr 19, 2005 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Darkside
Enforcer

Post by Darkside » Tue Apr 19, 2005 12:14 am

kaos wrote:i checked it out a few weeks ago. havent played. but i was kinda dissapointed with the job choices. they seemed a little limited.

typicly i like to play like a hand to hand rouge or a monk.
the monk in this game was more like a white mage, and i'm no good with magic.

still it looks good. I may check it out later on if they add more job choices.
There isn't really a limit to those characters. you can have a ranger that can use a necro's magic, or a worrior's power or anything. it's pretty sweet how you can go learn anyones powers. any class can use another characters powers after they learn it. for the beta you can only have 2 class's of magic/power. final version you'll be able to use as much as you want.

i tried half of the class's, not as dissapointing as you think. i liked what i tried. there'll be other class's in the future. your probally better waiting until for an expansion if your looking for more than the 6 class's they have right now. how they do this, i'm not sure. might just be a downloadable file. i've heard a few things, which left me confused.
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Tue Apr 19, 2005 8:49 am

I checked out Guild wars, it seems to me like an MMO for people that can't play MMO's, Max level of 20, 6 character classes.

There where many things I liked the sound of, the one server, the instance zones, the quest system.

However most of it pissed me off, getting to level 20 will take no time at all meaning you'll run out of content very fast. MMO's never have get deal of content to being with and more 'raid' zones come later. The total instance hunting sounded cool but then I released it detracts from the game it's an MMO not a single player, this means I don't have to interact with ANY real people just NPC's c'ept in town.

This comes straight from the guys that used to make Diablo and it shows, diablo sucked ass btw, I imagine it'll have it's own cult following but not for me kk thanks
Super Goat Weed
Anti-Hero

Post by Super Goat Weed » Tue Apr 19, 2005 1:24 pm

hmm, i suppose i did come off a little harsh, my bad, it was unintentional

did you say ROGUE though?

explain, i didn't seen anything on the site that mentioned rogue, so i'm kinda curious to know what that class is about, and believe me i went hunting cause i was almost SURE i saw that word mentioned somewhere

if you can find a link with a little more explanation about the class and what not, and maybe some kind of free demo, i might give it a shot. part of me has always wondered what it would be like to find a MMORPG that i actually liked.
Darkside
Enforcer

Post by Darkside » Tue Apr 19, 2005 7:26 pm

Unfortunatly there will be no demo's. These monthly beta tests where the big demo's events they had. The games comeing out in less than 2 weeks. your best bet is to probally con a friend of yours to buy it for himself so you can kick him off his comp and try it out. or find a friend that baought it that you didn't con. either way works. if you seriously want to try it out, find a store that sells games, but gives full re-funds of what you payed for if you don't like it.(but i honestly think you will)

http://www.guildwarsguru.com/professions-id24.php

http://www.gwonline.net/page.php?p=45

a couple sites with good info.

However most of it pissed me off, getting to level 20 will take no time at all meaning you'll run out of content very fast. MMO's never have get deal of content to being with and more 'raid' zones come later. The total instance hunting sounded cool but then I released it detracts from the game it's an MMO not a single player, this means I don't have to interact with ANY real people just NPC's c'ept in town.

unfortunatly your wrong mik. It's not that easy to get to lvl 20. i played all weekend and only got to lvl 10. and i didn't even open up half of the map. i've looked at pictures of people maps they took while playing at the beta weekend, they opened up a lot more shit than i did. thats because they played at the other weekends.

It's not an easy game, it's not easy playing alone. you'll end up joining a guild either way. you'll need all the help you can get. it took me 6 hours to finish one mission just becuase i was playing alone(and this is in the begining of the game) and all i had to do was talk to the person to get an award.(exp, new magic) i finally got into a guild and was able to finish it. it got much tougher after that. your weapons don't hit for as much points and a dioblo game does(it may when you get stronger weapons but not by much) my fire sorc in Diablo 2 hits a meteor for 20K of damage per second. the ammount your weapons in guild wars hits is like 6 times lower than that. the highest ammount of hit points i got before the weekend ended was 60. and these enemiees aren't that easy. i never left any guild after that one part in the game. my point, it's no wimpy single player games. it's built on guilds, you can't be a lone wolf in this game.

They'll allow you to get higher lvl's later on.(probally when it's released) they had to limit at least 1 thing during the beta weekends.
Super Goat Weed
Anti-Hero

Post by Super Goat Weed » Wed Apr 20, 2005 12:09 am

i still see no rogue...
EchoPark
Vagabond

Post by EchoPark » Thu May 05, 2005 10:34 pm

I've been playin Galaxies and loved it .... but now they got the new CU and i hate it .... is this any better ya think?
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Fri May 06, 2005 9:45 am

oooh wow all weekend huh ?

to get theorically 50% into the game, darn isn't that a long time might take two more weekends.

I hate grouping with people I don't know in MMORPG's cause they are generally retarded and don't know how to play the game, therefore I spend a lot of time duoing and soloing I've 3 /4 grouped things easier in most RPG than 6man groups have because of player skill.

Any game that forces you to group with moron's is a big turn off for me .. it's primarly ths reason I got pissed off with eq2 was after level 20 (out of 50) it was impossible to do ANYTHING on your own that wasn't so beneath your capalibities it was funny or worthwhile.
Last edited by Mik on Fri May 06, 2005 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
EchoPark
Vagabond

Post by EchoPark » Fri May 06, 2005 11:03 am

lol excatly mik, in Galaxies i could go out and do missions by myself or go hunting myself, and go in groups for bigger missions or just to do some fighting. But now its damn near impossible to take out anything without being in a group. It sucks
Super Goat Weed
Anti-Hero

Post by Super Goat Weed » Fri May 06, 2005 12:29 pm

That's the reason i hated FFXI

i mean yeah, when you DO get a party togeather, it kicks ass, but you've got about a one in a million shot of pulling it off right, and even then, it's usualy only an hour before someone has to take off.

anybody around these parts still play NWN? I've been lookin for some decent servers to mess around on
Darkside
Enforcer

Post by Darkside » Fri May 06, 2005 2:32 pm

EchoPark wrote:I've been playin Galaxies and loved it .... but now they got the new CU and i hate it .... is this any better ya think?
I never played those games before. but i can tell you people stopped playing WoW for this game. This is a pretty damn amazing game. to damn addictive. :lol: I love it. I finally reached lvl20. but still far from fighting in the Hall of hero's. Most say 20 isn't enough, but it is. and you still earn EXP towards your skill points that are much more needed. It took me almost 2 weeks to get to lvl 20. when me and my bro where playing Diablo 2 last month it took us a week to get to lvl 87. You basically need lvl 20 for GW. this game isn't as easy as these aura members make it out to be. This is the best MMORPG i ever played. playing free makes it even better.

Oh, mik. in this game you can choose to use the Henchmen for missions instead of trying to get someone to join your party. For the little mission i choose to use henchies. the Primary quests i find it funner to team up with someone, that way we all complete a goal with out any flaws. henchmen aren't to easy to control. they don't run away if there health is to low. when they die, your fucked.

------------
Why do i hate FF11? You pay monthly to play and it looks pretty damn boreing. doesn't really seem like you quest for anything in that game, no real goal.
Bogey
Not-A-Deserter

Post by Bogey » Fri May 06, 2005 4:43 pm

I used to play FFXI, the only fun I had in the game was getting Beastmaster to level 54, I could solo or duo with people I knew were good (you had to be good to get that high with beastmaster). But that was one class which got boring fast. The quests and missions were great when you got to do them, and the missions had some really good cutscenes later on. Then I went to Star Wars Galaxies which was just way to easy, you buy a buff for a few hours and kill virtuallyanything you want and master a profession in a few days, then there's no content, nothing to do when you've mastered a profession. The combat upgrade is confusing me a little, all in all it sounds better to make it not so damn easy and for people to have to actually think about what their doing. But the lack of content makes me not want to play it.

Online games get to boring if you solo all the time and don't interact with other people, you may aswell play an offline game for that. But being forced to party with people you don't know, and generally people who suck at the game is even more frustrating. The best moments I've had in game is when I've had the chance to group up with people I knew.