Guild wars

Everything from Console, PC & Handheld. This is the place your none On-line Graphic related play things go.
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:08 am

Don't get me wrong static is the way too go, instanced world is an old idea you should avoid as much as possible I was just explaining the mindset of the development team.

It was my main point the half of the fun of an MMO is randomers, idiots, griefing, ganking and corpse camping, you just may not see it at the time.
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:36 am

Super Goat Weed wrote: while i'm on the rant, i've not yet seen an MMORPG i can actually tolerate for more then a couple of hours

they get BORING

I still feel this way.
EchoPark
Vagabond

Post by EchoPark » Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:42 am

oh yea i get ur point. Static worlds maybe boring and never changin unless programed but it is better in the long run in a kinda way. I wish for player cities but the problem with that is. the World of wow just couldnt cope with player cities while SWG could of as it was fuckin huge and over a good few planets. But they say they wanted to add Guild houses in which might be good.

Cause with my feeling about wow was its not that socialable, it has changed over the years but u dont need to ppl dont have to get under 1 roof. And i feel at times the Inn is a wasted feature. With swg u had entainters class which made it fun. And it helpped with the fagiture debuff so either way u had to go to a inn and to me that kinda forced the talkin. Again i dont know about GWs enough to say about that.

Another feature i thought swg had over wow was there craftin but it was way over complicated at times and some ppl just want to have it easy. But i liked the idea or player vendors and shit.

There making guild banks a feature in wow so that be pretty good!

But yea kinda back to being off topic .... very sorry XD wow isnt that great a game in ways of the graphics arnt great there still DX8 i think. The subscription but there are reasons to it but maybe better to lower it cause times 8.99 by 9million i last heard the number of players over the world. And its made in a simple way nothin is really to over complicated like some other games. Craftin is simple and classes are simple and talnets are simple.

Thats what makes it good to alot of ppl u dont have to read a book or ask tons of friends how to play wow. Its pretty easy to get right in to.
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:48 am

WoW is just as boring as the rest of them. Honestly. Only, twice as overrated. Dave should show me him playing it and perhaps I might change my mind.
Last edited by Matt on Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
EchoPark
Vagabond

Post by EchoPark » Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:09 am

am the wrong person to show it most the shit is in 70 exp. While i like lvling. And i like the different classes. but its a matter of opinion. I wouldnt say overrated if 9 million ppl are playin it and buyin more and more different accounts. I only had one lvl 70 and i sold it cause i was showing how easy it was. buy wow and bc £25 and month free lvl to 70 in 3 weeks then sold it for £80-£90, i didnt enjoy it it was totally rushin the game and rich helped in the late lvls but its doable. I like to play the lvls and try every class.

I usually get to 40 then make another class. I dont have as much time on it as i use to so am pretty slow ass at the mo. Am a boring player to watch, my set up is simple and i just quest and pvp. Getting higher most the times i just go on for the chat. If u like rpgs then its a yes cause its pretty much like FF in a way u have to fight and lvl i think. But this is online and the rest of the group are players too.

The best thing to do is go on to the site and get a trial its no long but u get the just. And if anyone from the EU wants to start head over to Outlands and join the best faction ..... Horde lol
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:05 pm

WoW is considered a second generation MMO, it many ways it learned no lessons at all and took notice of mistakes of Gen1.

Trade skills are a bitch, always have been, always will. Too easy and the rewards must be shit (most of WoW's 1-350), too hard and no-one will do it (see most tradeskills in Eq1), too numerous to get skill ups and you flood the market (see Eq2 and any trade skill). Balancing something liek that is a logic problem. Raiders want to be able too make stuff but not cheapen the gear they get raiding. I think WoW is begining to do this.

Certain things are wasted, there is a place in Orgrimmar called the Ring of Valor but nothing is in there, could clearly be an awesome dueling place with arena style rules.

They do more right than they do wrong.
Bogey
Not-A-Deserter

Post by Bogey » Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:45 pm

what about that portal thing in duskwood? I thought that was going to be something cool.
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:58 pm

Dalaran ? the Purple doomy look thing, they will be using that in WotLK
Last edited by Mik on Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EchoPark
Vagabond

Post by EchoPark » Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:58 pm

Well craftin in wow is easier than swgs. In swgs u can use different times of mats to make a item but easier to find resources are usually the crappy shit. For example

2 armour crafters make the same type of armour ... one uses the good stuff which is harder to find and the other crafter uses the easy to find stuff.

The crafter who uses the harder to find shit makes the better armour. I havent played swgs for ages so it sounds awful. I mean crafter was a class like hunter. So it took more time.

But yea theres alot of waste in wow. I see alot of areas which dont get used, right at the south coast of Kalimdor theres a wee place down there. Just a farm and a big cave but nothin is there. Alot of waste i took a bunch of pics
Squirrel
Vagabond

Post by Squirrel » Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:57 pm

Lastwolf wrote:'I don't want to pay for something I have to update constantly'

So you don't own software of any kind ? anitVirus ? I'm pretty sure you had to use a browwer to access this page, they update.

:P

Tbh, they only patch every few weeks (~2 months lately) these contain anything from bug fixes to class 'balance' and what they seem to be focusing on more lately content. Free content at that, tbh I thought their expansion (2 years- 3years from release) program bordered on sucidal when general rule of thumb (until that point) dictated that the life cycle of the game requires atleast 1 per year. Consider this pre Burning Crusade this game had no end game rading planned.

Molten Core
Blackwing Lair
Zul'Gurub
Ahn'Quarji 20/40man instances and it's opening event (server wide event)
Naxraamas and it's opening event (server wide)
Warsong Gultch (10man battleground)
Alterac Valley (40man battleground)
Arathi Highlands (15 man battleground)

We're all added post release and for 'free' I'll take my update every few weeks if it's all the came to you.
Haha very funny Mik. <_<

I own Trend Micro PC-cillin Internet Security 2007, yes I am aware of updates and subscribtions and shit. For that kind of software I expect to have to pay to renew my subscribtion, like you do with Norton Anti-virus.

But for a game it just seems worthless. I mean I have thought about opening an Xbox Live account. But I just think it's pointless and, basically, that money can go towards my baby.

Ed and Jez have to pay for their Lineage II account though. But I have a character on Ed's account so :P lol
EchoPark
Vagabond

Post by EchoPark » Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:56 pm

.... i think payin for Trend Mirco Pc-cillin Internet Security is pretty worthless XD Theres far better programs out there for free. Or do a me and dont use none! LOL Never had problems

And kids ... dont even get me started there. XD All they do is take take take. Have a kid on wow its far cheaper
Last edited by EchoPark on Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bogey
Not-A-Deserter

Post by Bogey » Wed Oct 10, 2007 4:32 am

No not Dalaran, Mik. I'm talking about in Duskwood, the area north of Stranglethorn Vale. There's an enclosed area there that has a portal that looks a bit like the dark portal if I remember right, it serves no purpose.
Squirrel
Vagabond

Post by Squirrel » Sat Oct 27, 2007 4:32 pm

EchoPark wrote:Or do a me and dont use none! LOL Never had problems
Er...I'll think I'll pass on that Dave. PCs and me don't really go together, ESPECIALLY if they haven't got internet security.