Guild wars

Everything from Console, PC & Handheld. This is the place your none On-line Graphic related play things go.
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Sat May 07, 2005 7:22 am

Lands of the Silver Wolf (NWN) is almost ready for Live online beta testing I say it's still unblaanced further Alpha play testing will reveal more I guess.
Super Goat Weed
Anti-Hero

Post by Super Goat Weed » Sat May 07, 2005 1:33 pm

let me know when it's up

is it gonna be full character development or just certian level characters?

basicly what levels can play it?
Wulf
Not-A-Deserter

Post by Wulf » Sun May 22, 2005 12:27 pm

i almost bought this.. whats the combat system like? turnbased, NWN style and KotR? or is it more like balders gate 2, phantasy star online and diablo where its fast paced combat. I prefer the second.. turn based is pretty shit online... so if its the second ill buy it :)
Darkside
Enforcer

Post by Darkside » Mon May 23, 2005 4:08 am

Cloud wrote:i almost bought this.. whats the combat system like? turnbased, NWN style and KotR? or is it more like balders gate 2, phantasy star online and diablo where its fast paced combat. I prefer the second.. turn based is pretty shit online... so if its the second ill buy it :)
If it isn't made by square-enix. it isn't turn based. It is made by some people tht use to work for blizzard. which is good news. It's a really good game.
Super Goat Weed
Anti-Hero

Post by Super Goat Weed » Mon May 23, 2005 12:38 pm

i believe it's the same people responsible for Diablo 1 and 2

both awesome games, but with NO THIEF / STEALTH CLASS

booooooooooooooooooooooooooo.
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Mon May 23, 2005 1:50 pm

Played this 57 seconds ...... SHIT !

I was ready to give it time and a good play .. spent 15 mintues in character creation.... bollicks to this. Dual classes all sorts of shit ... not interest good day sir.
Darkside
Enforcer

Post by Darkside » Mon May 23, 2005 3:57 pm

And there's one reason not to listen to mik. he didn't even really play the game, usually creating your own character is what people love to do. it's a great feature. not one character looks the same when your playing the game. i guess mik wanted everyone to look the same so no one could find him. never listen to someone that didn't even get past creating a character.

and of course goat never listened to me when i said there'ed be an Theif/stealth class when the expansion comes out. Remember goat, there was no asassine/stealth in dioblo 2 until the expansion came out. there's already a nice live feed coming this summer. looks like some good stuff is being added to the game.
Last edited by Darkside on Mon May 23, 2005 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Super Goat Weed
Anti-Hero

Post by Super Goat Weed » Mon May 23, 2005 5:51 pm

i know what you said, my point is it's not out there yet, and the assassin class in diablo sucked, so i wouldn't really use that as a reference point.

i'm not getting a game based on what's SUPPOSED to come out for it in the next expansion pack. For now i'll stick with NWN

also, i'm one of maybe 3 people i know that enjoy playing stealth / rogue characters. For the most part they aren't that popular, so if other people are interested in trying out the game, my statment about the stealth class being absent won't even really matter
Last edited by Super Goat Weed on Mon May 23, 2005 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Sat May 28, 2005 1:51 pm

As far as I've seen of this, it looks rather fast paced. I've been told to get WoW because its better graphics and such, but Guild Wars is free to play online, which is how it should be.

I'm going to buyt it.
EchoPark
Vagabond

Post by EchoPark » Sat May 28, 2005 2:54 pm

For WoW its not just the graphics, its everything. It is one of the best on-line games i've played. Its just everything
Trigo
Solider

Post by Trigo » Sat May 28, 2005 3:11 pm

I've played guildwars and find it good for being free exculde the buy the game price
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Sat May 28, 2005 4:45 pm

From what Kylie told me, its pretty mint.

I've played NWN online, thats really slow to pick up.

I rate RO as the best online game I've played to date, having not played Guild wars
Bogey
Not-A-Deserter

Post by Bogey » Thu Aug 11, 2005 2:05 am

I just got it today, it looks promising. Just need people to play alongside with now.

And yeah, thief/rogue classes are always the most popular class in this type of game. I however love using bows and having creature companions, so the ranger looks good for me.
Bogey
Not-A-Deserter

Post by Bogey » Sat Aug 13, 2005 10:07 pm

After a few days of playing. What makes this game so different from other MMORPGs?

It has a point.

You don't go out and pointlessly grind killing monsters. You do quests to gain most xp and some items. And these aren't basic quests like in FFXI or Star Wars Galaxies. They're more indepth than Neverwinter Nights. Also most of the skills are quested for. So this game doesn't have a pointless grind to it. You're always questing.

I'm level 9 now, and it's true that the cap is at 20. But don't think that's where the game ends. It's more like where it begins. Most of the game content is made for capped players. This game really doesn't seem to be about levelling at all, it's more like the levelling system is designed just to let people get used to their characters before they actually start most things at 20.

Putting all that aside, I'm still new to the game. So I've not experienced most of it yet.
Last edited by Bogey on Sat Aug 13, 2005 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Mon Aug 15, 2005 9:12 am

I played guild wars and maybe I wasn't being fair to it but considering it had Eq2 and WoW to learn off before releasing this 'next gen' game and it looks like they took on board some of it but a lot of what I liked about the idea of the game orginally is what put me off, it's almost like an MMORPG without the MMO.