Damn you, Sephiroth!

Everything from Console, PC & Handheld. This is the place your none On-line Graphic related play things go.
Chewi
Anti-Hero

Post by Chewi » Sat Jan 15, 2005 12:24 am

Tomorrow, my cousin is going off to travel the world with his girlfriend. Lucky bastard. But he wanted to do one single thing before he left. He wanted to finish Final Fantasy VII. He's had the game for years but for some reason, has never even come close to finishing it until now. For the past two weeks, he's been calling me up for help. I just find the whole thing rather amusing.

Tonight, I went round there and he begged me to help him finish it. The problem is his levels were low. Really low. Almost as low as the first time I tried to finish it. His average HP was about 2300. His best summon was Bahamut ZERO but his second best was Neo Bahamut. He hadn't picked up Yuffie or Vincent, which meant we could not split into groups at the end. His chances were very slim indeed.

We went down into the North Cave. Thinking that there was a save point near the end, I used my save crystal at that first fork in the road. It was only when I got to the bottom that I realised there was no save point down there. He only had one saved game. Nooooo! On the first run, we got smashed by the first monster. Ouch. After taking nearly half an hour just to get down there again, we actually managed to fight our way through Jenova and the first Sephiroth without too much trouble. Then the trouble began.

The battle must have lasted over half an hour. We started off well but after the first Super Nova, things just went downhill. Each time, we would recover back to full HP and MP (thank you W-Item cheat!) with no abnormalities but by the time we'd done that, Sephiroth would just cast another one! We just weren't doing any damage. Things took a nasty turn after the fourth Super Nova. One guy was dead. Two were confused. Cloud killed Red XIII. And then Sephiroth did Break on Cloud. And that was that. Bugger.

I tell you, that battle is so much more fun when you haven't got Knights of the Round and all the trimmings. But my cousin really wanted to see the ending. So we went back to my house and dug out an old memory card. It wasn't my uber super duper save game, I think that one's gone to the memory card in the sky. It looked like the one where I saved just before fighting Emerald Weapon. Unfortunately, we didn't have time to go down into the North Cave but he's taken a copy of the save game with him and hopefully he can see the ending for himself before he goes. Knights of the Round should see him through.

So that was a nice nostalgia trip anyway. I hadn't played the game in like 4 years.
Massacre
Solider

Post by Massacre » Sat Jan 15, 2005 5:20 am

i just recently beat emerald and ruby for the first time without using KotR. why werent other secret bosses in FF that hard?
Super Goat Weed
Anti-Hero

Post by Super Goat Weed » Sat Jan 15, 2005 11:26 pm

i started playing that game a second time about a MILLION times

each time i get bored around the same spot, that big damn story thing at the pointy mountan place (nibel?)

anyway, i picked it up about a month ago and made it a LITTLE farther (past cosmo canyon) and got bored with it there.

... why the hell am i even saying all this?
Chewi
Anti-Hero

Post by Chewi » Sat Jan 15, 2005 11:42 pm

I guess this is FFVII-aholics Anonymous.
EchoPark
Vagabond

Post by EchoPark » Sun Jan 16, 2005 2:34 am

I remember the day when i sat down and said to my self ... I'm gonna play ff7 and gonna compelte it .... at this time and probaly now my ff exp is slim and probaly next to none. I sat down for 2 whole days gettin to the last disc with my m8 who knows like the 2nd disc by heart and is a fuckin god at the game so we didnt save ..... got to the 3rd disc ... and bang ... the disc screws up .... bye bye game .... last FF7 got the thrown out the window down the rail way .. 2 disc got 5 bb bullets in to it, the Playstation got across the room and in to the way and the memory card got the hammer of doom ..... that was the last time i played ff ..... 1998 .....
Chewi
Anti-Hero

Post by Chewi » Sun Jan 16, 2005 2:35 am

I'll say it again. You idiot.
EchoPark
Vagabond

Post by EchoPark » Sun Jan 16, 2005 5:24 am

No not an idoit ... i would say brave to attempt such a great amazing thing ....
Massacre
Solider

Post by Massacre » Sun Jan 16, 2005 7:50 am

it is indeed mazing when someone can bring himself to destroy small pieces of glass and plastic
Super Goat Weed
Anti-Hero

Post by Super Goat Weed » Sun Jan 16, 2005 10:06 pm

i would have at LEAST saved at the disk changes

i mean crap man, you had to know something like that was going to happen, it always does.
EchoPark
Vagabond

Post by EchoPark » Mon Jan 17, 2005 1:01 am

the thing is i did save between the disc changes i was gonna save when the last disc loads .... but it never did.

And destory discs is no bigge i do it all the time. When i have no use for them i just kill them, there usually targerts for rifle pratice
Massacre
Solider

Post by Massacre » Mon Jan 17, 2005 5:19 am

if you really want to have fun with a cd you dont want then put it in the microwave. not more than 10 secs though, smells a bit odd for bout an hour but its unbelivably entertaining.
Chewi
Anti-Hero

Post by Chewi » Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:18 am

Ummm... they did that on Brainiac and said DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME. And you really shouldn't because apart from breaking the microwave, it could cause it to do something nasty like explode. The actual waves inside microwaves are extremely dangerous.
Last edited by Chewi on Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Mon Jan 17, 2005 10:37 am

it fucks up your Waveguide but there are only like £4, I've heard doin shit can also blow the magnetron though in which case new mircowave or your talking £80 repair cost.

Anywho, I've played ff7 way to many time when it becomes a run, flash through talk run again session you've gone to far... My saved games are all sick, my brother was seven and he was able to complete the game with them. the first team all having 4x cut and maxed counter-attack probably doesn't help much.,

I could pull off KOTR something insane mimicing 7 times or soemthing .. insane
Massacre
Solider

Post by Massacre » Mon Jan 17, 2005 3:00 pm

haha need i post that video of someguy killing Emerald in 1:18 second again?
that guy used Barret's Ungermax with 8 mimics and it definately got the job done

PS-despite the fact that it is dangerous they prolly said that to keep ppeople from sueing their asses off. but yeah thats why u only put it in for 6-10 seconds (preferably lower). my microwave still works fine. and i did that 2 years ago
Super Goat Weed
Anti-Hero

Post by Super Goat Weed » Mon Jan 17, 2005 3:34 pm

heh, i saw the same thing on a show over here called 'mythbusters'

he used foil though, which is similar to the stuff they use on CDs

still, even if it worked once in a while, i wouldn't do it. The one time it DOES fuck something up, you could end up glowing in the dark.