Olympics

Anything in the sporting world, you know... that stuff that happens outside... away from TV, console and/ or computers... I've heard rumors... but that's all they are, rumors.
Melana
Distgrunted Hero

Post by Melana » Sun Aug 10, 2008 3:08 pm

I don't know why... but i like the olympics.

Stayed up to watch the opening ceremony, missed the drums at the start though because of work. stayed up very late because australia was the 3 last team to come out.

oh wells. Australia is doing fairly well so i'm fairly pleased.
Chewi
Anti-Hero

Post by Chewi » Sun Aug 10, 2008 6:51 pm

I saw the drums at the start and not much after that because I had work to do. As someone who isn't China's biggest fan, I have to say I was quite impressed. They had a good laugh on BBC News about what they could possibly do for London 2012. They're thinking it would be best to not even try and beat it and just do something modest. That's Britain for ya. :lol:

Just watched some more of it because I still had it recorded. Unfortunately I didn't record all of it. I wish they hadn't zoomed in on that globe bit, I had no idea how those guys were running around it until they did.
Last edited by Chewi on Sun Aug 10, 2008 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
runawaygurl
Not-A-Deserter

Post by runawaygurl » Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:50 am

I don't usually watch the summer olympics, however that Micheal Phelps dude was kicking some major ass! I watch the winter olympics, especially now that snow boarding is in it. I love Shawn White! :) Plus he kind of looks like my boyfriend...lol
EchoPark
Vagabond

Post by EchoPark » Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:08 pm

am more a womans vollyball kind of man