Downtime (Sept 2008)

Information, problems and conversation on anything and everything to do with Aura and these here boards.
Chewi
Anti-Hero

Post by Chewi » Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:17 am

Jersey Telecom again. Richard signed up for a new connection on a new number in a totally different place. So what did JT do? They cut off his existing connection. As if that weren't enough, they're not even the ISP for that connection!! Unbelievable. That's what happened on Wednesday, I think it was. It came back to life on Thursday but then died again a few hours later. I don't know what happened that time but I do know it was JT's fault again. They make my blood boil. :angry:
Last edited by Chewi on Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:17 am

small as jersey is...
inst jersey telecom just 3 guys in wide phone booth at the center of the island?

you could probably find and kill them easy enough.
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:39 am

Thursday onwards where caused by thousand island sauce getting into the fan.
Chewi
Anti-Hero

Post by Chewi » Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:05 pm

Those three guys would probably do a better job. It's a government-owned piece of shit. They had a total monopoly until a few years ago. It was hoped the arrival of competition would force them to improve but they haven't. They still control the grid (like BT does here) so they just bully the competition around and pass the buck when something goes wrong. Richard's new connection will be with JT itself, not because they're better, but because if something goes wrong, they can't blame the other company. People think BT are bad and they're right but I've dealt with both. JT is worse.
Forgetfuldan
Enforcer

Post by Forgetfuldan » Tue Sep 23, 2008 5:07 pm

someone put 50p in the slot keep it running a bit longer