Suggestion

Information, problems and conversation on anything and everything to do with Aura and these here boards.
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:27 am

Open the evolution thread.

Because you don't close threads due to your boyfriend losing a onesided arguement.
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:55 am

It wasn't cause he was losing, although I won't contest that issue, in war nobody wins.

Moreso that the entire topic was fairly fruitless I mean nothing was really be dicussed I mean in was vaguely ontopic but, was descending, if it wasn't already there, into a mud slinging contest.

Not to put to fine a point on it, I think it could have spent another 40 pages and I don't think we'd have been any further on.

I don't think you think your going to convince Ben, that his beliefs are flawed any more than he's going to convince you that they're not.
Last edited by Mik on Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bogey
Not-A-Deserter

Post by Bogey » Mon Feb 26, 2007 11:02 am

I'm really not interested in it. According to Les I was taking part in a "my beliefs penis is bigger than yours" competition. She's welcome to him. The thread was getting pointless anyway, the discussions were going around in circles. And Matt, I posted those videos not to attack Ben but because they were on topic. Unlike like your tree post.
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Mon Feb 26, 2007 11:17 am

Strangely enough. I was just reading another forum at the time I as I was reading that thread. This forum had a thread with that tree jesus thing on it, so I posted it.

Despite your intentions, you were seen as attacking, anyway.

So, you're saying we can't have a discussion about evolution because Ben disagrees with evolution and will bombard the thread with religious bullcrap?

EDIT:

Forget that, my whole motivation for reading that thread was to amuse myself.
Last edited by Matt on Mon Feb 26, 2007 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bogey
Not-A-Deserter

Post by Bogey » Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:24 pm

I just meant your tree thing was off topic, which I don't have a problem with. I'm sure 99% of the posts here are off topic.
Last edited by Bogey on Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:44 pm

So Scorsese finally got that oscar ... great.
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:47 pm

Banned for Double Posting?

you silly so and so's
Super Goat Weed
Anti-Hero

Post by Super Goat Weed » Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:00 pm

Matt, Joe posted a video thinking nobody would see it as an attack. I thought he posted it as an attack. He probably had no idea that i've actually seen that guy and the video ripped him horribly out of context. It's what's known as a misunderstanding.

Everybody else here has gotten over it, I suggest you do the same.
Last edited by Super Goat Weed on Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:41 pm

I had three posts ago :(
Melana
Distgrunted Hero

Post by Melana » Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:03 am

Firstly I didn't close the topic because of ben, i don't do things for my boyfriend that impair my operating as an admin on the board, I don't do things out of petty spite.
I'll also have you know that Ben didn't want me to close the thread. It was done on my own judgement.

I'll admit you yard stick comment may of been crass and out of line, but to be honest after reading pages of the bickering I was somewhat peeved.

But i think it's fairly obvious to all of you that whilst you want to discuss the issue, most of you seem unwilling to shift from certain stances that make it really just a matter of people yelling over the fence. Also the topic in question was in Wisdom, which is meant to be a non-spamming thread. It's meant to be for discussion. Had that topic been in general I would of just let it self destruct. There is no point having that sub forum if no one is going to stick by the rules.

Also I would like to note that you could of petitioned me via email or PM like I suggested for the reopening of the thread Matt . It's not like I wouldn't of been fair about it, I wouldn't of mentioned it had I not meant it. It wasn't some empty promise to make myself look better.
Last edited by Melana on Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tartan
Solider

Post by Tartan » Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:27 pm

and chewi wonders why i dont post here...*hides behide a tree again*
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:47 pm

Could be worse.
Tartan
Solider

Post by Tartan » Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:52 am

*nods to lastwolf*yup
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:59 am

Melana wrote:Firstly I didn't close the topic because of ben, i don't do things for my boyfriend that impair my operating as an admin on the board, I don't do things out of petty spite.
I'll also have you know that Ben didn't want me to close the thread. It was done on my own judgement.

I'll admit you yard stick comment may of been crass and out of line, but to be honest after reading pages of the bickering I was somewhat peeved.

But i think it's fairly obvious to all of you that whilst you want to discuss the issue, most of you seem unwilling to shift from certain stances that make it really just a matter of people yelling over the fence. Also the topic in question was in Wisdom, which is meant to be a non-spamming thread. It's meant to be for discussion. Had that topic been in general I would of just let it self destruct. There is no point having that sub forum if no one is going to stick by the rules.

Also I would like to note that you could of petitioned me via email or PM like I suggested for the reopening of the thread Matt . It's not like I wouldn't of been fair about it, I wouldn't of mentioned it had I not meant it. It wasn't some empty promise to make myself look better.
Ok, you win.
Chewi
Anti-Hero

Post by Chewi » Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:06 pm

Aurora wrote:*nods to lastwolf*yup
*gives Marna the most pointless post award*