Elections.. thing.

The hub of Aura activity, the cortex that binds the forum together.
Shane
Not-A-Deserter

Elections.. thing.

Post by Shane » Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:36 pm

So as many of you probably already know, the american elections are over with. Now, we know Mitt Romney won popular vote & Obama won the electoral college, so by default Obama wins the race. Now, I know most of you don't particularly care for america, but how do you think things will fare out from this and what do you think would have happened given the other guy won? Also, and this might just be me; but I feel the whole voting system concept here in america really doesn't feel like voting, it more like a suggestion instead..
Also also, I'm not sure what to think about how things will pan out from Obama's second term 'cause the more things change the more they stay the same. Honestly though, I think if Romney would have been elected, I could be in Iran by this time next year.
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Re: Elections.. thing.

Post by Mik » Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:15 pm

He won the popular vote too.
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:30 am

Romney was against many aspects of women's rights and that alone would be enough for me to kick him in bollocks. Also, I think you'd be right in saying you'd be station in Iran within 12 months if Romney had won.

A lot of people blame Obama for the financial woes of the US, but you've only got to look at the last Republican for all those answers.

Plus, He's a fucking Moron.. I mean Mormon.

And, Bush had the most lulzworthy memes going, Obama has cool ones.

Basically, if you vote based on the memes we all win.
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:57 am

I don;t think Iran would have been an issue, it's sabre rattling at it's worst. Afghan and Iraq where huge drains on America and her allies military resources and lasted way longer than anticipated, with the finical meltdown of 2008 very very expensive considering, what's going on.

The people's stomach for another 10 year + military invasion is pretty low, 9/11 was provocation for Afghan and extremely tenuously Iraq but they burnt that currency hard with the weapons of mass destruction debacle.

Iran will be a whole different kettle of fish, and they do have quasi-allies in China and Russia, the losses will be much higher, Iraq folded pretty cheaply all things considered.

I don't think Romney was stupid enough to go for it, but it was very much what people in his base support wanted to hear.
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:04 am

we had an election?
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:27 am

Yep,

As usual with politicians though, they have a 3 month holiday then get back to work after that.

Could be worse, you could have riots over a flag.