Smart my smartphone is.

The hub of Aura activity, the cortex that binds the forum together.

Which smartphone would you go for, or have?

iPhone (2G, 3G, 3GS, 4)
40%
BlackBerry (Curve, Bold, Pearl etc)
10%
Andorid* (Samsung Galaxy S, Sony Ericsson X10 Mini etc)
20%
Symbian* (Sony Ericsson Vivaz, Nokia E5 etc
10%
Windows* (Samsung Omnia Lite, HTC Touch 2 etc)
No votes
Smartphones are teh evil O.o
10%
Haven't got one nor want one.
10%

Total votes: 10
Squirrel
Vagabond

Smart my smartphone is.

Post by Squirrel » Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:28 pm

Yes smartphones (Android, iPhone, BlackBerry etc etc). People seem to be creaming themselves over the lastest and best smartphone. There is so many to choose from. Have you got a smartphone? If not, which would you choose?

*Android, Symbian and Windows Mobile are only mobile operating systems, but most of you knew that already...
ReDeemer
Solider

Re: Smart my smartphone is.

Post by ReDeemer » Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:43 am

I've got an iPhone 3G 16-Gig - I forwarded my contract for another two years and they gave me the phone about a year ago for $130, which was a steal at the time.

I enjoy it because I don't need flashy shit on my phone - that's what my PC is for. What hooks me most is it's texting features since it's so easy to adapt to and use. My 3G service in Portland is lightning fast, and I've even taken this thing out in the sticks with no issues.

No props or demoralizing notions to AT&T, I just got a great deal at the time and it's a nice phone to have. I'm easy to please.
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:50 am

I'm sick of the iphone.

its really handy...
but im still sick of it, apple, and ATT.
My next phone wont be from apple and it wont be via ATT.

Soon enough I don't think they'll even be called smart phones anymore.
They'll go back to just being phones. and the lesser phones will just be called disposables.
like disposable cameras. they'll probably even be made really cheap and flimsy too.
Stephanie
Solider

Post by Stephanie » Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:00 am

I tend to stay away from smart phones, mainly because I'm tough on phones, and I don't want to spend a boo-coo amount of money on a phone, only to break it a month later. I have the LG Lotus, which is a flip phone with a qwerty keypad, and is extremely durable. Touch screens I crack, sliders, I break, the phones which just has the keys on the outside, I pocket dial people, so my only option is a flip. haha
Trigo
Solider

Post by Trigo » Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:12 am

Not got a smart phone but been looking at the the dell streak which is a droid phone. had a play with a iphone a few its not a fan of it at all still have the urge to bounce it off a wall and count the bits...
Chewi
Anti-Hero

Post by Chewi » Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:40 am

I want an Android. You know why. :P At least I hope you do. But I can't justify the cost. I only spend about £5 a month on PAYG.
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:53 am

Have a Blackberry Pearl, my contract is up soon so will aim to get Bold or the new Torch, we all have them at work, it's handy for the free messaging through BB messenger doesn't even use internets connection or anything for it.
Shane
Not-A-Deserter

Post by Shane » Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:20 pm

I have a palm pre but I'm gonna upgrade to the new Evo because I hate my crooked qwerty keypad.
Trigo
Solider

Post by Trigo » Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:58 pm

i liked the looked of the plam pre and the reviews for the webos
Shane
Not-A-Deserter

Post by Shane » Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:13 pm

It's a decent phone and does what ya need it to but I don't like slanted/crooked qwerty key pads. I figured I'd give it a shot and I still don't like it so, meh.
Squirrel
Vagabond

Post by Squirrel » Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:22 pm

Well as you can all tell I love my iPhone, big apple fan me. I just love the apps and what it can do. I think that's what really makes it. It just combines everything that apple has done into one. I'm scared of the iPad though. Don't ask why I just am.

I know why you would love an Android phone, Chewi! :roll:
ReDeemer
Solider

Post by ReDeemer » Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:16 pm

Stephanie wrote:I tend to stay away from smart phones, mainly because I'm tough on phones, and I don't want to spend a boo-coo amount of money on a phone, only to break it a month later. I have the LG Lotus, which is a flip phone with a qwerty keypad, and is extremely durable. Touch screens I crack, sliders, I break, the phones which just has the keys on the outside, I pocket dial people, so my only option is a flip. haha
You and me both when it comes to a demand of endurance and overall durability. I used to have one from Samsung which worked out great - it had rubber siding and a nice display, very sleek and straight-forward with nothing flashy.

But steph, if you ever want to find a phone that can withstand ridiculous conditions, check this beast out -

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/stor ... PaidSearch

If I woulda' known about this when I was contracted with Verizon, I'd still have it.

My iPhone doesn't take too much of a beating since I wrapped it in an InvisiShield and it's got a Rubber/Plastic body glove. I've taken it and thrown it at a concrete wall moderately fast to somewhat simulate a drop from pocket level with a bit more force. Thing still works like magic with no scratches or dents.
Stephanie
Solider

Post by Stephanie » Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:50 pm

my dad actually has that beast. Its damn near impossible to break. He would know. He's dropped it off of 5 story high scaffolding. lol.

but i'm not with verizon. I'm with sprint. I prefer their prices, although verizon tends to get better signal, they are expensive.

That and I prefer a phone with the qwerty, because I text a ton.
Squirrel
Vagabond

Post by Squirrel » Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:38 am

I have pay as you go. This here iPhone and my Nokia. I have O2 on my iPhone, but credit runs out really fast, and I don't use it for calls or texts that much, only really when it's the nearest thing. My Nokia 3600 has Tesco Mobile. What's weird is that Tesco mobile is owned by O2 so you would expect minutes and text rates to be the same. Even the signal quality is better on O2. I don't pay to use Internet on my iPhone because I run it on wi-fi. It just means I don't have to sit at a computer desk all night.
EchoPark
Vagabond

Post by EchoPark » Sat Aug 21, 2010 3:14 am

I got a iphone as i was sick with Nokia promising so much with there OVI store and Symbian is soooooo fuckin slow on alot of the Nokias i used. And Maemo what the N900 uses is just as bad too. I actually dont use a phone all to much i'm just pretty stupid with money. I pay £45 for contract and that gets me my fancy phone which i hardly use. Its a epee thing. lol

But i chose iPhone as i liked the apps ... i dont like apple dont like how they work or anything ... they release a sub standard phone where they are cheaper phones on the market but far better specs. Especially there atudatted to the iphone 4. Cant hand it with a certain hand ... hold it to tight can break the antenal. And all they give ya is a case. Most other phones would be sent back and heavly complained at. But cause its Apple its alright. Most other companys would never hear the end of it. Sony and MS have that problem small failure rates and it just gets hit back and back again. iPhone ... its cool no worries. Just hold it this different way and get a free case.

Sayin that i got a 3GS, it falls its ok. It works. I like the apps, never liked ipods so i dont use the music side of it i got a mp3 player doing that job. When my contract is up i'll probalby see whats on the market and go for something different. Compaired to my other phones the signal is alright nothing to wowing unlike my old Nokia's or samsungs.

Also another wee problem .. i dont know if its cause my hand shakes a bit but i seem to find it really shit to do voice calls.