Long term help to curb hayfever

The hub of Aura activity, the cortex that binds the forum together.
Squirrel
Vagabond

Long term help to curb hayfever

Post by Squirrel » Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:02 pm

As we all know, more and more people are experiencing the symptoms of hayfever. As a family, Ed, Cassie and I suffer from it, especially me because I have allergic rhinitis and the occasional pollyps! :x

Anyway, I take antihistemines to combat mine, although these make me drowsy and I already suffer from fatigue due to my bipolar meds (can you guys tell that summer isn't my favourite season?). I just wanted to know if anyone has any helpful advice to sort it for the long term, as I'm trying to cut down the number of chemicals. Cassie seems to be developing my symptoms of allergic rhinitis aswell, but I don't want to start giving her medication just yet as I do believe prevention is better than cure. As for Ed, well he has pompholyx eczema which seems to get worse during warm weather and another reason why I want to cut down on chemicals.

Brilliant aren't we? A family of mentally ill invalids PMSL! :roll:
Chewi
Anti-Hero

Re: Long term help to curb hayfever

Post by Chewi » Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:32 am

Never had to deal with hayfever but I still get the occasional sore eye when Peach moults. Thankfully Leo doesn't moult much.

Someone in the office told me that he gets a single injection just before the summer starts and that's him set against hayfever for the rest of the year. That's probably not the answer you were looking for but it is apparently very effective and a lot less hassle.
Squirrel
Vagabond

Post by Squirrel » Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:50 am

Thanks James, I'll ask my GP about this.
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:44 am

Guy came into work the other day, talked about some 2mg shot fo something at the start of the good weather, said it was win.

But he can't get it anymore on account of his leukaemia, I should been a bartender or something
Chewi
Anti-Hero

Post by Chewi » Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:49 am

That sounds like the one.
EchoPark
Vagabond

Post by EchoPark » Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:58 am

I'm a pretty bad suffer and it stops me driving. I take the pills and eye drops but its only short time :( But i spoke to andrew who actually gets bid ridden with it. He gave me a massive list what he does.

Injection start of the year
Bendryel Max from the states
Some laser thing he sticks up his nose lol
And a cold eye mask for at night

I'll get the list, but it works for him. I'm gonna try it myself. So fed up with it.
Narren7
Solider

Post by Narren7 » Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:50 pm

Steph jokes and says I'm sllergic to almost everything.

Anyhow I use Tylenol Sinus for the worst of mine.
But I try to skimp on using it unless I feel like my face is melting off via snot and tears.
Mainly because of the stupid effing meth heads that made it so that there's always that time span that I have to wait to before I can buy more.
Because don't ya know I'm going to start a damn meth lab with 2 boxes of sinus meds.
I mean for piss sakes 24 capsules per box. About 30 days a month, do the math here you evil cunt.
Oh my eyes are red from crying in joy of the thought of my blowing up the neighborhood! And never mind the wheezing when I breathe, or the snot dripping from my nose onto your floor, I'm good!
Stupid @#$@!#$!%$ *STAB STAB* Bitch pharmacist was like "Oh well you still gotta wait 3 more days before you can buy more SOO SORRY!" Fucking cunt.
I've never wanted to rip someone to shreds with my bare hands quite so badly before! *snarl*

What is the name of this miracle shot? I needs to know it! XD
Then no more having to deal with the snotty imitation gold jewelry sporting binge tanning bed pharmacy cunt who gets wet off the power high she gets from my obvious misery and suffering!
I sneezed in her face and sprayed her with a fountain of snot last time I was there. Muwahahaha!
It was epic awesome! :mrgreen:
Stephanie
Solider

Post by Stephanie » Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:44 am

Crystal, I absolutely LOVE going places with you. You make a boring normal trip to walmart, ever so colorful. That poor old woman in the bathroom when I forgot my wallet. Then there's the spencer incident, including cat o nine tails, and guys flipping of potted plants, Umm, then there's Poop Boy, and oh don't forget embarrassing the heck outta jax in the movie theater.

As for Hay Fever, I'm lucky, I only get the occasional sinus headache, which I can take some aleve for, or a runny nose, that lasts a few days, and is gone. My brother takes antihistamines constantly. He's just about on Crystal's level of being one big giant allergy attractant. Both of them could move into a sterile giant bubble, and be allergic to the sterilizer.
Squirrel
Vagabond

Post by Squirrel » Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:07 pm

Poop Boy? Fuck, I really need to talk to you guys more often, am missing exciting (and far out) gossip!
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:10 am

To play devils advocate for the Pharmacy, you are called Crystal ... that's like foreshadowing :P

I hear that they found a 'cure' for certain types of nut allergies and shit, basically they feed the kids traces amounts of nuts, till the body stops reacting to it, then up the dose, wonder if it would work for other kinds of allergies etc.

I can kinda see it, cause while I am allergic to cats and I suffer from hay fever from time to time, I try not to take anything for it, doesn't ever get better but I figure it might work :P. Shit worked for my childhood asthma, I just decided one day, fuck this I can't be bothered having to get prescriptions, that being said my case was never very severe.
EchoPark
Vagabond

Post by EchoPark » Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:25 pm

Am not one for taken pills as i feel its not lettin the immune system do its job. Stupid but still. I only take hay fever to help with me for driving as i wouldnt be able to drive if i didnt take something but more and more it doesnt seem to work now. But sayin that ever since the bbq lan party i been totally fine.