Assistance.

The hub of Aura activity, the cortex that binds the forum together.
Chewi
Anti-Hero

Post by Chewi » Sat Oct 25, 2008 7:48 pm

That's good to know. I didn't know they made people do that until it happened to you so I did at least believe you were doing it by choice to begin with.
Vandire
Vagabond

Post by Vandire » Sat Oct 25, 2008 8:11 pm

Only reason i stuck it out is because i enjoyed the work, and loved the people i worked with, plus its beneficial for me in the long run, ive got a good reference from the management, plus i can run a shop on my own, books and all.
runawaygurl
Not-A-Deserter

Post by runawaygurl » Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:03 am

The only thing I have to say Nick ,is if you want your Louis to be a better man than you, you need to set the example now. Children replicate the relationships they learn as children, and I don't think yours and his mothers is a good place to start. You need a job and you need to be ACTIVE in his life. Because my father is a lazy piece of shit who barely kept a job long enough to feed us and pay the rent while I was growing up, but my mom finally wised up and divorced him after 22 years of marriage and he's had the same job consistently for the 7 years since then and makes well over $30,000 more than he ever did while he was married to my mom. He has a house that he owns, a truck they he can afford the payments for without threat of it getting repossessed, and food on his table every night.

Do you have any idea how much I resent and hate him because he couldn't provide that for me EVER? My only memories of my father are him sitting on the couch falling asleep with a cigarette in his hand. Never playing with me. Never asking me how school was going. Never being interested enough to know why I stayed in my room all the time. Never making enough money to buy my school clothes. Never having the money for me to play sports or participate in band. Never caring that my mom had to beg for money from my family to keep the electric on.

DON'T BE THAT DAD! Because your kid will hate you for the rest of his life. And right now, honey, that looks like the track that your on.
Vandire
Vagabond

Post by Vandire » Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:06 am

I hear ya Stevie, and the dad you dont want me to be is the exact same as my father, cept he ran off with another woman. I admit that its hard for me right now to want to be part of his life, but i want to be a good example to him, im knuckling down, hopefully i get into college, ive got a few interviews for work over the christmas period (been a while since ive had one) and hopefully things are on the up, the hardest part was just having the willpower to even try to better myself.
runawaygurl
Not-A-Deserter

Post by runawaygurl » Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:47 pm

Yeah my dad ran around on my mom too. Only he never left her. He almost did once, when I was about three and my older brother was in the hospital having brain surgery for his brain tumor. So ya know, on top of everything else I think he's a royal piece of shit.

You can be better than all of this. You just have to get up off your ass and do it.
Vandire
Vagabond

Post by Vandire » Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:49 pm

Im up off ma arse (pain killers arent allowing me to sit for too long =P) but aye, ive had the motivational kick to the behind, both here and elsewhere.

Feel free to lock this post and throw away the key.
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:29 pm

No Problemo