Wisdom Teeth

The hub of Aura activity, the cortex that binds the forum together.
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:34 pm

Suck.

I can barely move my jaw, which means eating is a hassle :(
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Thu Oct 09, 2008 4:33 pm

mine came in with no pain at all.
they were just there one day.

maybe you should take you own advice there buddy.
Suck.
Chewi
Anti-Hero

Post by Chewi » Thu Oct 09, 2008 5:15 pm

As far as I can tell, I haven't had any. Yet.
Squirrel
Vagabond

Post by Squirrel » Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:44 pm

Chewi wrote:As far as I can tell, I haven't had any. Yet.

Yours should have come through by now. It is sometimes hard to tell because, like Johnny, there was no pain when mine came through, only slight tenderness. You can usually tell cause if you feel at the back of your mouth, where your teeth ends. I can't describe it any clearer, but if you feel a big mound at the rear of the last teeth, then you proberbly haven't got any yet. I noticed this myself, but chances are it's different for everybody. You could even have fewer teeth than you thought: Hypdontia

And Matt, Bonjela helps with pain, but jaw ache? Might have to see the dentist, problems can arise with wisdom teeth. You might have overcrowded teeth, Ed had problems with his.
Chewi
Anti-Hero

Post by Chewi » Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:21 pm

Well I just did a count and it seems I don't have them yet. There is a space where they could come through but it would be a bit of a squeeze. I had problems with my teeth when I was younger. Some of my baby teeth refused to fall out and they had to be extracted. My top front tooth came out at a horrendous angle and I needed braces for that.
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:26 am

The teeth are halfway through. Both ofmy top ones have broke the gum and I didn't notice until now.
EchoPark
Vagabond

Post by EchoPark » Fri Oct 10, 2008 1:20 am

my ones weren't sore they just tore some of my gum and now theres like a wee flap XD its pretty tiny but still enough there to know its there
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Fri Oct 10, 2008 4:27 pm

This is pretty shit. I can barely open my jaw :(
Melana
Distgrunted Hero

Post by Melana » Sat Oct 11, 2008 3:39 am

matt, when did you last go to the dentist? I'm really suprised they didn't scan your jawline. I had impacted wisdom teeth and james's problem of stubborn baby teeth and thereby had two teeth exposures and a few teeth removed so teeth could grow in, all of which resulted in five years in braces. I feel your pain. I still have wires in atm. I'd book in an appointment to see the dentist, you shouldn't be in that much pain. You may have a crowding issuse or like my second cousin in law a tooth that is rotting- dead.
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Sat Oct 11, 2008 2:45 pm

I last went about two years ago :(

The story behind that is the dentist said I needed two fillings next to each other. So, I let him drill me, which caused considerable pain (more than other fillings have ever done) and the entire side of my mouth was in pain for a good 6 months and I could barely bite down. So, I stopped giving them £15 every 6 months for a "check up" as I really don't think I needed those last fillings. I was fine before :(

I had an x-ray about 4 years ago that confirmed they were coming through (or at least showing)

Getting an appointment this weekend will be hell. I'm going to leave it until Monday and see waht it's like them. It seems to be getting better. Here's to hoping it's not impacted, though, and it's just the pressure on my gums.

Thanks for the advice!
EchoPark
Vagabond

Post by EchoPark » Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:24 pm

My mother is a home carer for the counicl and she goes to this guy who's like 81 and has all his original teeth and all he does is drinks salty water in the mornings and then mouth wash at night. She asked him if he ever went to the denist and he said nah, when u start going there thats when the problems start

I know everytime my sister goes shes always gettin work done. I use to get check ups done but they said i was ok every time and i thought screw this i will go when i feel pain. And that was it. No i lie the last time they gave me a fishers seal or something crap not a filling or anything but something and said i would need to come back but i didnt cause there was no pain XD lol. Why should i go if i dont feel the pain. Its like the docotors its not like i go every 6 months for a check up there. If theres something wrong i will ... if i can be assed but am not gonna waste mine or theres just for a check up
Last edited by EchoPark on Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chewi
Anti-Hero

Post by Chewi » Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:09 am

I haven't been to the dentist in about five years but I've always trusted mine. I've never had a filling. We don't have the NHS in Jersey so maybe you get better treatment down there. I haven't seen one lately partially due to laziness but also because of the chronic shortage of NHS dentists in Scotland.

In any case, I think you should see one, Matt. Doesn't sound good and teeth generally don't fix themselves.
Last edited by Chewi on Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
runawaygurl
Not-A-Deserter

Post by runawaygurl » Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:16 am

Dentists are satans henchmen. :( But then again every molar I have has a damn filling or needs one.

I feel your pain Matt. My wisdom teeth (all four) have slowly been coming in for about 6 months now. And I have no insurance and no money to get them removed. And there fucking up my other teeth (one chipped!). They'll be fine for a few weeks then one solid week of pain. It sucks. The worst is the two top ones are coming in sideways out into my cheeks and irritating them. It's a pain. Get them fixed cause it'll probably just get worse! lol
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:22 am

I think that's the problem I'm having ^ The tooth is coming through and irritating my cheek and bottom jaw. The pain is going, though. I may yet see a henchman.
Forgetfuldan
Enforcer

Post by Forgetfuldan » Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:10 am

Mine were achy when they came through but they seem to be fine now. The dentist did remove a couple of teeth for me about 4 years ago because my mouth was too crowded so I guess that's why I didn't have too much hassle because there was plenty of space for them. Sorry to hear you are in so much pain Matt.