I remember when I lost my mind...

The hub of Aura activity, the cortex that binds the forum together.
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:51 pm

somebody asked me a question today...

"What are your views on serial killers?"

I thought I'd share my response.

Depends on what kind of serial killer.

If its strictly to the definition of what a serial killer actually is, which is pretty much somebody doing multiple murders,then I think that person is pretty boring. Of course I have to applaud the fact that he's smart enough to have not been caught after the first murder.

If you mean the kind of Method (to madness) Serial killer that has certain quirks about his choice of victim and/or the way he kills them, then it starts getting interesting.

I think everyone by default is a little crazy, you never know what makes people tick, or what gets them off, or what rubs them wrong. Some people are a bit more crazy than others(these are the people you actually notice, the ones who actually get the label, while the rest are considered normal)

but I don't think you have to be noticeably crazy to be a either kind of serial killer. All you have to be is willing to murder someone, or able to at least justify it.

For the most part I think serial killers are 'normal' people who can do that.

If you think about it, we see serial killers all the time in movies. Most times we call them Heroes. But we don't call them crazy, or think of them as serial killers, and its probably because we can all relate so well to them, and we can see and agree with their justification of the their multiple acts of murder.

I think the potential to be one is their for any and everyone, the biggest thing holding people back from the 'title' of being a serial killer, is that they usually get apprehended after the first murder.

although most people can be one, I don't think many people actually aspire to be one. The ones who do... Well those people are crazy for a whole other reason outside of the murders.

Personally I haven't yet discovered any way to justify killing people.
I take that back... I think I have.
However, I hope the events that would allow me to do so, never comes to pass.
Chewi
Anti-Hero

Post by Chewi » Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:46 pm

I think you could be right. I recently found out that someone who used to post here a long time ago seriously considered murdering his friend the other week. In the end, he just beat him up with a cricket bat since he was... you know... a friend. You wouldn't guess who it was, even if you could remember him, and it came as a total shock to me. A rather upsetting shock, at that. I didn't want to think about this person in that light.
Last edited by Chewi on Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:51 am

See now I want to toss out guesses.
If it wasn't you bringing the news, my first guess would have been you though.
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Sat Aug 23, 2008 9:16 pm

James, I told you not to tell anyone about that.

The only time I would justify murder would be if someone murdered someone close to me. Girlfriend, friend, family. I'm a strong believer in tit for tat when it comes down to that. Living 20 years in a jail cell has nothing on what I'd have in mind for whoever dun it. Plus there's that chance they'll get to rejoin society after their time is up. But, personally, your time was up the second you took a life.

Actually, I'm bordering on my thoughts about murderers and what I'd prefer to do with the jail system here so I'll cut short.

Hurt my family and I keeeeel you.
Melana
Distgrunted Hero

Post by Melana » Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:50 am

Well he went at them with a cricketbat so high chances he's not from the U.S.

Not sure what i think of serial killers to be honest. Have never really thought about it.
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Sun Aug 24, 2008 3:20 am

Most of the ones you hear about are seem to have sexual issues.

seems like theyre either gay and unable to cope with it, or killing prostitutes cuzz they got issues with women who aren't.
Chewi
Anti-Hero

Post by Chewi » Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:10 am

Melana wrote:Well he went at them with a cricketbat so high chances he's not from the U.S.
Okay, so you've narrowed it down to the Commonwealth. :P I figured someone would pick up on that.
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:35 pm

Well, it won't be a Canadian. They don't even lock their doors and they seem like a harsh talking to would land them in prison.

Austrailians are prime genetic material for murderers, so perhaps it's one of them?
Chewi
Anti-Hero

Post by Chewi » Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:52 pm

I'm not saying anymore. :rolleyes:
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:00 pm

Was it Joe ?
Melana
Distgrunted Hero

Post by Melana » Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:38 am

i'm more inclined to think it's apart of the fc set. Joe also doesn't strike me as the type. We australians are ex convicts.. More inclined to tell you we are going to do it and then do it. Then have a beer afterwards.
Chewi
Anti-Hero

Post by Chewi » Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:47 am

Man, I've turned this thread into a bloody game of Cluedo.

"It was Joe in Australia with the cricket bat!" :P
Last edited by Chewi on Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Squirrel
Vagabond

Post by Squirrel » Thu Sep 25, 2008 1:20 am

I'm reading two books aptly called "Killers in cold-blood" and "Fiendish Killers". It's interesting...
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Tue Sep 30, 2008 1:37 pm

Cluedo?

why do they ad the extra bit?
or do americans just take it off?

you know ever since playing that game I've always liked the idea of the candle holder.

No idea really.
maybe cuzz its probably the weapon the least associated with death.

or that you could light a scented candle after its done its work, to both calm your nerves and cover the smell.
Last edited by kaos on Tue Sep 30, 2008 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chewi
Anti-Hero

Post by Chewi » Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:07 pm

In Canada and the U.S., the game is known as Clue. It was retitled because the traditional British board game Ludo, on which the name is based, was less well known there than its American variant Parcheesi.