false positives?

The hub of Aura activity, the cortex that binds the forum together.
Squirrel
Vagabond

Post by Squirrel » Wed Aug 06, 2008 6:43 pm

I have to agree entirely with Mila (so don't 'kick me in the ass' James). HIV/AIDS is a very serious condition that STILL needs researching into, plus alot of education even in countries like the UK and the USA.

Thing is, we all have our own set of ideas, beliefs and religions. When we follow those set of ideas, we tend to ignore anything new that comes along. And lets not forget, AIDS is still a new thing (only been discovered a few decades ago I believe). Even if it sounds plausible, like the fact that world is round or the theory of evolution (even this is STILL being hotly debated), we shun new theories. I think we don't like to be told that we are wrong, it's our little (or to some people, big) ego in a way, and we like to have our comfort zone. So, yeah, even if you try and educate South Africans that HIV/AIDS isn't treatable by having sexual intercourse with a virgin girl, quite alot of them are going to shun you. However, there are a few people that will and do listen, and it's those small individuals that can spark the change nessercary.
Last edited by Squirrel on Wed Aug 06, 2008 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chewi
Anti-Hero

Post by Chewi » Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:35 pm

Appararently it's prostate cancer you really need to watch out for.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/7635946.stm
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Tue Sep 30, 2008 1:57 pm

its the exam that people dont like.

well,
straight people.
Squirrel
Vagabond

Re:

Post by Squirrel » Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:02 am

Chewi wrote:Appararently it's prostate cancer you really need to watch out for.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/7635946.stm
Yeah i know this is late...but like, I'm ever going to get prostate cancer? In women, cervical cancer is a big concern, or at this period in time it seems anyway
Chewi
Anti-Hero

Re: false positives?

Post by Chewi » Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:08 am

I obivously wasn't referring to you. :P Prostate cancer has been found to be many times more likely in black men for some reason.
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:29 pm

Can't think of a real reason, but I'm sure I can think of a few made up ones.

Increased Gopherclotides in the blood stream, yup that'll do.
Squirrel
Vagabond

Post by Squirrel » Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:39 pm

Chewi wrote:I obivously wasn't referring to you.
Thanks I feel relieved by this news. But typical BBC, they don't really give any possiblity why black men could be more susecptible. And Johnny is an American, this refers to black British men. However, this sort of study could pave the way what type of ethnic group is susceptible to which sort of cancer.
Reaping-Sorrow
Scavenger

Post by Reaping-Sorrow » Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:54 pm

Chewi wrote:I obivously wasn't referring to you. :P Prostate cancer has been found to be many times more likely in black men for some reason.
im not hardly about to feel guilty about that when those buggers have the higher concentration of melanin pigmentation nearly making them nearly invulnerable to skin cancers. although on the other hand i'd prefer skin cancer over the worry and getting my protrate checked any day. i dont care if i have it, theres not a chance im ever getting that done.