Is that normal?

The hub of Aura activity, the cortex that binds the forum together.
Melana
Distgrunted Hero

Post by Melana » Sun Jul 13, 2008 1:18 am

Been working at the restaurant this weekend and I had some interesting Irish Tourist guys came in to eat on Friday.

They where just the most agressive, pushy, loud and rude buggers i've ever had.
At first it was just one table.... then another lot came on the so-loud-you might as well of just yelled for them to come not rang them on the mobile in the middle of my peak sitting time. Demand things straight away, then again 2 seconds later to a new waiter/waitress so i'd have a flock of them looking slightly harassed, taking drinks just out of the freaking fridge like they owned the place, ....anyway the list isn't entirely important... though what is with the freaking obesssion with Chips? I assumed it was a UK thing and to ask for curry sauce. They where lucky we have chips on the menu ...for little kids.

Now there accent wasn't so bad to understand when they where talking to me, when they weren't it was hard to follow. They had SHITLOADS of money in there wallets though... i'm talking at least $1000-$2000 of the greens and yellows....just in there wallets etc in wads. There where about..8 of them some young looking the rest older...like 30+.

I supposed this was laddish culture that i keep hearing about. They weren't intentionally rude or pushy but i gathered it's just how things where done over there. The ordering at the counter, take what you like, i am the centre of the universe shit. Is that normal?

Everyone found them intimidating.... i don't get intimidate by that shit... you wanna be like that ...fuck bring it. Which is probably why they came back.... yesterday. Which was fine...I took all three table orders and sorted it out personally myself. Thank god they came before the 50th b'day party upstairs came...that would of been bedlam.

~SIGH~

I hope they have left Bendigo by today and don't come back.... left the biggest mess on the floor.

Just to put it into perspective.... every single table that came to pay that had been sitting whilst they where here had something to comment on about them. Usually how rude they where.

I mean we are laid back... but we try and respect the way things work and be polite
Last edited by Melana on Sun Jul 13, 2008 1:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chewi
Anti-Hero

Post by Chewi » Sun Jul 13, 2008 8:52 am

I doubt it was so much because they were Irish and more because they were yuppies if they had that much money. The sort of people who'd buy the place just so they had somewhere to hang out. I hate yuppies.
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:06 am

It depends where in Ireland there from, usually the people from the South (top the morning to ya accent) are bit more laid back, than us in the North.

We all pretty much have a caustic and black sense of humor, which some people just don't get.

I dunno, like chewi said it's prolly more yuppie thing, usually we are not out right rude, in general as a people.

:blush: As for the curry sauce and chips .... yeah sounds about right.
Last edited by Mik on Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Melana
Distgrunted Hero

Post by Melana » Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:47 am

they came back.. Three tables of them. They where more subdued today. Apparently they are down for a month.. Selling generators. It got interesting the younger ones started to try and pick chanelle and i up. Does 'i want to see you later.' repeated constantly in a silly sing song voice really work on anyone as a pick up line? I always had a nice impression me irish people. I don't think they are rich rich.. But they had the top me the morning to you accent. At least we know they liked the food. But they ate up out me chips. I had to peel potatoes.. this mobile phone posting is interesting
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Sun Jul 13, 2008 2:35 pm

haha they're from the south, newbs.

you have a nice impression of irish people, wtf ... you know me :P
Last edited by Mik on Sun Jul 13, 2008 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Squirrel
Vagabond

Post by Squirrel » Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:31 pm

No it isn't normal to be that obnoxious. If they were like that at Tesco I'd tell them to get the fuck out. I don't care if they're loads of them. I may be a small squirrel but you don't mess with me. At times I can be a dragon.

Plus the Irish aren't that bad. I mean take Mik for example...Oh wait WRONG example :P
Last edited by Squirrel on Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Melana
Distgrunted Hero

Post by Melana » Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:34 am

But i like you :P

Your a nice wolfy.

Which reminds me, I saw this in the book store and thought of you.
http://www.amazon.com/Promise-Wolves-No ... 1416569987

The blurb of my Australian coverart sounded much better than that one though.
Chewi
Anti-Hero

Post by Chewi » Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:21 am

As far as I'm concerned, this IS Mik.
http://cdbaby.com/cd/winterkill2
Squirrel
Vagabond

Post by Squirrel » Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:05 am

Yep that's Mik alright.
Xanien
Not-A-Deserter

Post by Xanien » Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:38 pm

Ever had any Americans come your way out there Lesley? Just wondering how blokes in the USA would compare . . . I still want to visit when I come to Japan to see my sister next time! Perhaps stop in Oz for 4-5 days?
Forgetfuldan
Enforcer

Post by Forgetfuldan » Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:07 pm

Which part of Oz are you in? I visited Perth and the surrounding area about 6 years ago and loved it I would love to go back and explore some more. Main reason I went was to visit extended family - my grans brothers, sisters and their families (gran needed a travel companion for the flight lucky me!)

I don't think David would like to go to Oz he thinks it would be too hot yet he has his sights on Tokyo lol
Last edited by Forgetfuldan on Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:04 pm

Consider that CD and book bought tbh
Chewi
Anti-Hero

Post by Chewi » Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:06 pm

I was listening to the CD earlier. I've had it for a few years now. It rocks.
Melana
Distgrunted Hero

Post by Melana » Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:03 am

yay, tell me how the book goes.
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:55 am

I'd love to go travelling but how come anime freaks all want to go to Japan? It may seem obvious to you, but There's plenty of more interesting places to go to than Japan. Like Africa. Or Austrailia. Whenever I say I want to visit Japan I get a weird side look from people that says "ahh, japanophile, eh?"
Last edited by Matt on Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.