Is that normal?

The hub of Aura activity, the cortex that binds the forum together.
Chewi
Anti-Hero

Post by Chewi » Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:08 am

I must admit, I'm on the list of people who want to go to Japan. I did go through a Japan phase when I was 18 but believe it or not, that didn't involve very much anime. I just find their culture and mannerisms interesting. I wouldn't just go to Tokyo either.

Australia doesn't grab me at all. Sorry. Too many bitey poisonous things. :P But it's not just that. The Aussies are too British for my liking. And Africa? I've been invited to South Africa by my relatives down there. I don't think it's a very good place to see Africa from though.
Melana
Distgrunted Hero

Post by Melana » Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:08 pm

I've had lots of american tourists, most of them are nice older couples travelling. Bendigo ain't really a young hip person sort of place to visit.

I like em because they usually tip even though they don't have to, but sometimes the accent brings back memories and i feel a little twinge.

But when i was in America... the guys are so up forward.... it's unsettling. Amusing too... but i was in NYC and it literally took 5 minutes for a guy to try get me to go to a bar with him. I actually really enjoyed america, it's probably one of the only times i've actually not stressed about anything. It was a real holiday... well for the most part.

I think australia is worth while seeing for the landscapes .... not neccesarily the people.
Last edited by Melana on Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EchoPark
Vagabond

Post by EchoPark » Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:30 pm

Matt Matt Matt it isnt for Anime .... For me its the games!!!! Tokyo Game Show ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!! I may like Anime but it was never in my mind about going there. Tbh I always wanted to go to Japan since from a early age like Chewi i loved the culture. And it was Tokyo i wanted to just go and see i wanted to see everything.

Japan makes all the good stuff like Gadgets, best cars. Best Race tracks, and lots of games ^^

Theres not much places i want to go in the world as to me theres no point. I dont want to go to Oz as well the spiders are HUUUGGGGEEEEE and well the heat would kill me lol. Been to the states and enjoyed it. Would go bk but there isnt much places what interest me really
Squirrel
Vagabond

Post by Squirrel » Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:03 pm

I love anime. Cosplay, mangas, even hentai you NAME it. Am not into alot of anime films though it seems as if you just jump into the story only to be left with "WTF?". So I prefer anime games like Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts and Sudeki (my banner shows one of the main players...Ailish). Anyway, am getting off topic.

The point is, Japan is not on my places to go. I have no interest what so ever. I would love to visit Oz to, but that's because I relatives in Perth and Melbourne. I would actually love to live in Scandinavia or Canada. Hopefully, in 5 years or so, Ed, Cassie and I will move there.
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:58 pm

I'm going to africa.

someday.

Addis (looks just like atlanta), Kenya, Cairo, Memphis (if i can find it), nigeria, sudan & eritrea. are on my list.

The last two would need to calm down a bit first tho.

I agree with chewi.
South Africa seems like the worst place to get a good feeling of the place from.

friend of mine climbed Mt. Kenya last month.
trip cost him two grand.
Last edited by kaos on Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:58 pm

want to go to weird places like Norway and Mongolia to see where anicent pwnage warriors lived.
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Sun Jul 20, 2008 5:29 pm

Well, that said I still want to go to Japan, myself. I really like the culture.

I'd like to go to Morroco or Egypt, not South Africa. Bad example. Plus, don't the South Africans have this evolved aversion to white [s]devils[/s] men?
Shane
Not-A-Deserter

Post by Shane » Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:44 pm

eh. always wanted to go to norway and scotland.. japan was just on the to do list, but ive always wanted to go out into the country in japan and see the landscaping up close and personal likes, and oddly enough Ive always wanted to visit eastern siberia. you know, the mirror of alaska! yeah. *hides*
Chewi
Anti-Hero

Post by Chewi » Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:53 pm

You're always welcome in Scotland, man.
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:49 pm

They all talk like pirates, though.
Xanien
Not-A-Deserter

Post by Xanien » Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:36 am

There's lots of cool little trekking tours that take you into the deep countryside of Japan that you might be able to book online. I know you can do it from places within Japan . . . might just do it once you arrive.
Squirrel
Vagabond

Post by Squirrel » Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:17 pm

Matt wrote:They all talk like pirates, though.

Isn't that the Irish? And pirates rule! XD
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:18 pm

'ere fuck away off.
Bogey
Not-A-Deserter

Post by Bogey » Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:13 pm

I'd say Norfolk farmers are just a small step away from sounding like pirates.