Moon Landing faked?

The hub of Aura activity, the cortex that binds the forum together.
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Sat Jul 05, 2008 11:43 pm

Ok.

So people have been debating whether or not it has been faked for years on end and will probably continue until theirs any solid evidence on way or another.

or until we go back.

personally, it depends on the day you ask me.
(I do find it really odd that not only has the US not gone back, but neither has any country with a space program.
who cares whose first? just go dammit.)

now here's my question....

So what if Tomorrow definitive an deniable proof that the whole thing was faked is made public.

Then what?

Ive seen people in heated discussions over whether we've been to the moon or not.
but their theirs that much heat you have to look ahead at the results.

What would be the aftermath of a revelation of a faked moon landing?
Chewi
Anti-Hero

Post by Chewi » Sat Jul 05, 2008 11:48 pm

The only formal plans to go back are the US in 2019 and the Russians in 2025. The Chinese are thinking about it. The reason no one's gone back sooner is probably because it's just not a very interesting place and certainly not worth the expense.

Sorry I haven't answered your question... yet.
Squirrel
Vagabond

Post by Squirrel » Sat Jul 05, 2008 11:58 pm

I don't why anbody cares about landing on the moon. As Chewi said, it's not very interesting.

[Apart from the fact Sting wrote a song about walking on the moon...but that song was about being in love...so meh]

Am more interested the influence the moon has over us and the supposed phenomena (sp) of the moon. The fact that anybody has landed on the moon, that the Americans and Russians were all bickering about? I couldn't give two shits.
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Sun Jul 06, 2008 12:26 am

Uhh the moon is a very interesting place, it just not interesting to flag planting fuckholes (i.e the general population).

The lack of moon interest is easily explainable, you see this trend of behaviour is common place today on nearly every fucking blog or news story on the web. What am I talking about ?

Why those assholes who have to type 'FIRST!!! OMGZZ!!!' ofcourse

The Moon was only interesting cause of race with the Russians, the new frontier to be the first. Once that had been achieved 'meh fuck the moon' was most people's opinion because realistically the only reason for going to the moon at all aren't very interesting to most people. Reasoning for building a base on the moon and further trips on the moon are for astrologists (not mystic meg) and other egg heads.

Joe Public wants cheap gas, food when he gets home and some tits on tv.
Last edited by Mik on Sun Jul 06, 2008 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chewi
Anti-Hero

Post by Chewi » Sun Jul 06, 2008 12:39 am

Admittedly, I had forgotten about the base-building idea. It would make sense to launch ships from it because of the low gravity. But apart from that, what is there, REALLY? *remembers that Futurama episode*
Last edited by Chewi on Sun Jul 06, 2008 12:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Sun Jul 06, 2008 12:44 am

Well the whole base building has many aspects in of itself, cause its only a 3 day trip (as opposed to year or so to mars) emerancy supplies and evac can be done until you get base buidling tech fucking spot on, which is something you just can't do on Earth. Also the piss poor gravity might help prevent the crappy shit that happens to you in low gravy (:P) they dunno, lets find out etc.

Also, I remember reading something about building an observitory on the moon would be pwn cause of lack of interferance or something.
Last edited by Mik on Sun Jul 06, 2008 12:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Sun Jul 06, 2008 1:31 am

Combine this conspiracy with the aliens conspiracy and you have an interesting point all of a sudden. Try it out. Especially when you think about what Mik said about nobody going back.

Aliens.
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Sun Jul 06, 2008 5:15 am

when has a place not being very interesting stopped anyone from being curious about it?

If you asked ten people if they would go see it if given the chance (and guaranteed safety)
most of them would probably ask where to sign up.

anyway aftermath...

I think it would have a huge chain reaction.

a faked moon landing would immediately put NASA and the US gov in a hot seat.
the government would lose all credibility (not that it has much) but I think people would be very assertive and a lot more selective about who we allow to run it.
with that. I can see many of the old factions being reformed or thrown out completely. especially if any faction is even 'accused' of any involvement.

NASA would probably be shut the fuck down.
not that it could operate, because I believe that many of its employees and secret holders would jump ship and unload shit loads of information about various other projects. in that you'll find more government shattering things.

a new space program would take its place.
only a very small few of the employees will be ex NASA.

Russia would try again to be the first on the moon and force life into its new program.
however its going to be a 3rd party altogether that gets there first.

the 3rd party will either be another country, or will be some independent faction of people. (maybe these 4chan guys though i doubt most will actually take part in it. but the few geniuses who do, and are affiliated with such idiocy will trickle down some credit to them.)

Russia wont be far behind, still making an effort to be the first 'legitimate' group to coordinate a landing.

the US would also reboot its moon mission. however, given past record nobody will be too taken with them or trust any accomplishment until after moon visits are commonplace

now that we have a very public and well documented means of getting there.
the big corporations will step in and streamline the process and method of transportation.
however...
They will price and market such a thing as an exclusive luxury.
this is going to anger people.

and another independent group will also streamline the process, making it more affordable.

however...

the corporations will influence governments to develop a series of specific requirements that any transportation method/process MUST meet. and they will do it under the guise of safety.
of course the requirements will include things that only the corporations have access to.

because the Moon Treaty will have been reworked and ratified, no country will have have a base of operations on the moon...publicly.
the same corporations that made moon travel an exclusive deal, will instead build their bases there. initially they would serve a legitimate purpose, as its a good idea to have a presence at the destination you're taking people to. and vehicles would need inspection before the return trip. however, these corporate bases will house many people from many governments.

not one whole year after the streamlined moon method.
someone will land on mars. this landing will be a tragedy. because it would have been planed in haste and not very well thought through.
Bogey
Not-A-Deserter

Post by Bogey » Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:49 am

Personally I think it's ridiculous that people think the moon landing was faked. I've read up on the conspiracy theorists evidence and it's got more holes than my sock drawer.
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:25 am

Their main beef is usually that the flag moves and something to do with too many shadows.

The moon was landed upon more than once btw, not just Apollo 11. So they faked all the rest too ?

Also this was a big deal for the Ruskies, if anyone had a greater vested interest in calling bullshit I'd like to hear of it. I liked to go back to original site, just to see that stuff still lying there solely to shut those conspiracy nutjobs up. Where they not talking about having a GoogleMap of the Moon soon ? look up the landing site and it should be there no ? ooh right they photoshopped that in.
Last edited by Mik on Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:08 am

Ok. So the Apollo teams seeing Alien crafts. Fact or theroy?
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Tue Jul 08, 2008 3:15 am

thats not one id heard of.
whats is the supporting information for both sides of it?