Zimbabwe 2.0

The hub of Aura activity, the cortex that binds the forum together.
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:51 pm

I think he's gonna walk.

if nobody has done anything by now.
and they're still spit balling about it...

Then I think its going to go like all the other cases in the past.
he's gonna do whatever the hell he wants till he dies...and everybodys hopes will raise at every rumor of a hospital visit.
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:32 am

ok...
somebody paint me a picture.
Cuzz I'm not entirely certain that I'm on the Mugabe=Evil Dictator bandwagon just yet.

I heard him called a dictator today.
however he wasn't called one last week.

I guess what I want to do is try and see things from his point of veiw and then make a decision.

because the guys character history doesn't really make any sense in relation to all this.

There has got to be a highly visible point in history for this kind of turn around.
Chewi
Anti-Hero

Post by Chewi » Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:15 am

That's the thing, I'm not sure whether the power's just gone to his head, if he really believes he's doing the right thing or if he's just crazy. I'm thinking the latter.

If he wasn't a dictator before, he certainly is one now. Rigging a vote by force to make sure you stay in power? It isn't democracy, that's for sure.

The first I heard about any of this was in 2005 when he drove out all the white farmers. There were signs before that though, like in 2003 when he withdrew the country from the Commonwealth.
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:25 am

So, yet again. This man has stamped on democracy. Where is America to bring democracy to these people? Democracy is being raped by huge black men and AK-47's. Where is America?
Last edited by Matt on Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:32 pm

America is located to the West of Europe, if you get to Russia you've went too far.
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:35 pm

I often wonder about American policy in Africa, and what it would be influenced by.
I think they have to be more careful with African affairs than any other, considering history.
The internal backlash could be huge.

They would first have to spend some time convincing, reassuring, or pulling the wool over the eyes of its own African-American population.

Unfortunately, I think it would be much easier for them to do this today as opposed to 20-30 years ago. People today are more concerned with differences than similarities. The notion of pan-Americanism seems almost lost on those of us that make up the western diaspora.

Still I think its hard thing to convince an African-American to agree with a war against other African peoples. I imagine many of the enlisted soldiers would rather break oath, risk court martial, etc.
Squirrel
Vagabond

Post by Squirrel » Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:16 pm

Lastwolf wrote:America is located to the West of Europe, if you get to Russia you've went too far.
Loolz, this is the reason why I think you are so cool, Mik.
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:00 pm

he walked. <_<

note to self: become a dictator.