Japan Today: 6 Dead in Akihabara

The hub of Aura activity, the cortex that binds the forum together.
Xanien
Not-A-Deserter

Post by Xanien » Sun Jun 08, 2008 10:24 am

Today a crazy mofo crashes into a group of pedestrians in Akihabara, Tokyo, then jumps out of his car and stabs the survivors. Fucked up man. Here's a report by who else, a girl in a maid costume.

Click here to view the YouTube video. Click here again to hide it.

True shit, I did not make this up.
Last edited by Xanien on Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chewi
Anti-Hero

Post by Chewi » Sun Jun 08, 2008 10:29 am

Heh. We have a saying here. Only in America. I think the report may be a case of only in Japan.
Xanien
Not-A-Deserter

Post by Xanien » Sun Jun 08, 2008 10:47 am

In America we use guns. In japan they use cars and knives.

The dude was from my prefecture too. Hope it doesn't come out that he was from Hamamatsu!
Forgetfuldan
Enforcer

Post by Forgetfuldan » Sun Jun 08, 2008 11:16 am

Wow that is crazy nothing like that ever happens here!
Chewi
Anti-Hero

Post by Chewi » Sun Jun 08, 2008 11:47 am

I was referring to the girl in the maid costume but yeah. There's a lot of knife crime here too but I don't want to start another gun debate.
Xanien
Not-A-Deserter

Post by Xanien » Sun Jun 08, 2008 12:51 pm

Oh yeah, the girl in the maid costume . . . kind of reminds me of those South Park episodes where they always had random types of people (like a quadriplegic on a horse) reporting for their news team.
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Sun Jun 08, 2008 1:46 pm

The only debate about gun your likely to start is on how a knife isn't a gun :P
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Sun Jun 08, 2008 2:41 pm

Unless your gun fires knives....
Chewi
Anti-Hero

Post by Chewi » Sun Jun 08, 2008 4:12 pm

Or...

:D
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Sun Jun 08, 2008 8:07 pm

or the real life version...

A Pistol Sword is a sword with a pistol or revolver attached, usually alongside the blade. It differs from a rifle with a bayonet in that the weapon is foremost a sword, with a pistol being worked into the design. The two components are not separable. Such weapons were primarily used in naval warfare to provide a weapon that could still be used in the event of a jam or misfire and until it was safe to reload.

Historically, some early flintlock pistols were constructed as gun-swords, with the barrel of the pistol attached to the side of the blade of a shortsword or dagger. Examples of these weapons can be found in the armoury of Wawel Castle (Kraków, Poland). Pinfire cartridge gun-swords were produced in the 1800s, although in limited quantity[1], [2]. There was even a US patent filed on the design of one such weapon. Replicas of pistol/dagger and pistol/cutlass combinations from the 18th century have been made available for sale from Replica Weaponry.

Pistol Swords did not last long through history except as novelties and collectors' items, because instead of getting two weapons in one, one got a heavy pistol and a heavy, off-balanced sword.
I found it while doing pirate research.

then theirs the kind thats more blade than firearm..

Last edited by kaos on Sun Jun 08, 2008 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:59 am

Interesting factiod, I remember hearing it's against the rules of warfare (geneva convention maybe!?) to stab someone and THEN fire, althought what was with a bayonet attached to a rifle.
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Mon Jun 09, 2008 1:36 pm

my father once told me that its against some rules to shoot an enemy soldier while he's down.

he also told me he didnt give a fuck.
EchoPark
Vagabond

Post by EchoPark » Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:42 pm

geneva convention really fucks our soliders up really. I got a ex solider boy at my work and he was telling us how shit it was for them and how his m8 got done for murder as he shot a guy with a petrol bomb but by the time he shot him the bomb already left his hand. And seemly thats not allowed. Very bad.

Also sayin how when there were gettin trained they still taught them the bayonet charge lol
Trigo
Solider

Post by Trigo » Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:11 am

Lastwolf wrote:Interesting factiod, I remember hearing it's against the rules of warfare (geneva convention maybe!?) to stab someone and THEN fire, althought what was with a bayonet attached to a rifle.

Its ur not allowed to fire while the bayonet is still stuck in they is what i have been told. Also the army work on the idea wound 1 person takes 3 out of the battle but considering who we fight today don't care for there wounded we might as well kill them out right.
Squirrel
Vagabond

Post by Squirrel » Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:07 am

Yeah I heard about that in the news. It doesn't matter where you go whether it is Japan, America or the UK. Ya still gonna get nutters like this.