Aura's sister site

The hub of Aura activity, the cortex that binds the forum together.
Vandire
Vagabond

Post by Vandire » Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:30 pm

Thread necro's bad, but the original topic stands out for me.

First of all, theres no real consensus on the term pagan, generaly today its used to describe religions or beliefs that dont fit the main stream monotheist religions.

I consider myself pagan, tho i struggled for a long time in believing in anything, i guess im eclectic in my beliefs, i dont believe in any specific diety, but i believe in the aspects found in all things, i guess for me it just makes sense, all the parts create the whole. When asked what i believe in, all i can really answer is "not sure", im still trying to find myself as it were, but when something makes sense and you feel so strongly about it, why should you argue? Im not a wiccan, that much i know. Wicca from my view, is an attempt to revive the old ways, to keep the old pantheons alive, be it greek, egyptian or whatever, and it works.

Religion or belief is always a rough ground to walk over, heck i remember some of the discussions ive have with steph about her religious background (i may have been a tad less polite all those years ago) and how even in someone who is firm in thier own belief system, can see the merits and sensibilities in anothers beliefs.

For me, believing in something, wether others accept it or not, gives me strength and support, it doesnt stop you believing what you want, and the labels dont matter, especialy when they are as obscure as "pagan" or "wiccan" both of which have so many possible answers and likenesses.

I almost done the mac switcher line here >.>

Edit: missed an "o"
Last edited by Vandire on Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Squirrel
Vagabond

Post by Squirrel » Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:35 pm

Vandire wrote:Religion or belief is always a rough ground to walk over, heck i remember some of the discussions ive have with steph about her religious background (i may have been a tad less polite all those years ago) and how even in someone who is firm in thier own belief system, can see the merits and sensibilities in anothers beliefs.
That's the beautiful thing about Steph. She shows that not all Christians wanna preach about there religion. She is open, sweet and honest. Plus if you talk to her and Crys on Skype it is like woah mind fuck lolz!

But yeah I don't like fundamentalists, I dunno they just annoy me. But I don't like it when people say that they hate Christians or Christianity so much. For some stupid people they'll say they don't like Christians or Christianity because they friends don't...that's just like wtf? :blink:
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Sat Oct 25, 2008 9:21 am

I spent the better part of 4 hours discussing religion in a bar the other night and all I learned was I quote or at least think I quote Einstein a lot.
Tartan
Solider

Post by Tartan » Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:27 pm

just since this topic came back to light,just to let yas ken
that the sites had a make over due to the fact my coven and i use it now its still open to the public the site but most peeps use it are me and my coven mates.
Last edited by Tartan on Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tartan
Solider

Re: Aura's sister site

Post by Tartan » Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:43 pm

update the sites reborn form its ashes!

http://coven.aura-online.co.uk

im not spamming chewi.....honset..... :shock:
Squirrel
Vagabond

Re: Aura's sister site

Post by Squirrel » Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:54 pm

Mmmm purple *drools*