How do you maintain control of a people?

The hub of Aura activity, the cortex that binds the forum together.
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:52 am

it did.
it also explains my bad luck with jobs.
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:12 am

Controlling America is easy. You just make a strong enough case that makes the individual feel isolated unless they vote for a certain person or do something.

Obama will be getting lots of votes because he's black and Hilary will be getting some votes because she's a woman. McCain will get some votes because he rubs shoulders with Bush.
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:55 am

there are those whom are sheep and those that are wolves.
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Mon Jun 02, 2008 3:59 pm

wolves in the sense that they want to eat the sheep?
I think we need a third animal.

cuzz there are those who arent really either type.

unless you meant wolf in the sense of forming your own opinion about things.

Matt.
you said America like the problem was exclusive to Americans.
but lets be fucking honest.
this is not exclusive to America and its a worldwide issue.
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:56 pm

yes, but America is Rome v2.0

The sheep-wolves analogy is an old, incorrect but fairly well known one, it's based of the fact that a sheep will form a herd and do what they are told. Where as the wolf is solitary and free thinking. Animal behaviour doesn't match up but hte point is fairly the same.

Barack Obama is not getting votes just cause he's black. He has won in several states where there are like 10 black people.

The idea that Hilary Clinton is getting votes because she's a woman is equally retarded.

Both candiates are bigger characters because they stand out from the norm (middle aged white guy), they get more press time and more attention THAT is why they get more votes.

If anything John McCain's shoulder rubbing with Bush, is prolly detrimental to his campaign.

Tbh, whoever wins (Hilary, love .. throw in the towel, it's getting embarssing) I can see some serious good coming on of it. It's never gonna be perfect, systems can't be as soon as you introduce people into the mix you fuck it up. They are all fairly good speakers and seem like reasonable people.

Fear is a powerful tool and it will always work, but not all will be convinced by flag waving tactics at the end of the day, you need hardcore reasons.
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:52 am

Rome was not a bad thing.

reaching your highest point is not bad, sure it means its all downhill from there.

but you either scale up and really live, or you stay firmly on the ground and make fuck all of a difference.

besides.

america is not rome 2.0

its rome 3.0

rome 2.0 was england.
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Tue Jun 03, 2008 3:00 pm

I'll have to contest that. Rome 2.0 can't have been England. After the fall of the Roman Empire, England spent 200 years in deep shit and in no way was it an organised entity. Archeologists are still looking for lost Kingdoms that sprung up afterwards.

I said Obama will be getting votes because he's black, but I didn't say those were the only reasons he'll be getting votes. Same goes for what I said about Hilary and such.

And you're right Jonny, but I still think because of how large America is, it's more noticable because things are bigger over there. But as I said, you're right. We had that shit over here. For some reason everyone thinks Gordon Brown sucks because the media is fucking his arsehole red raw. The last locals we had the Conservative Party came out with about 44% of the countries vote. Simply because people have no faith in our Prime Minister. Yet if the Tories get into Downing STreet, we're all fucked and I'm immigrating to Greece.
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:56 am

uhh, yeah ... 90% of the world went through a shitty time with the fall of Rome, mate.

I think what Johnny boy was talking about was a period after that. Ya know, Rule Britannia, Britannia rules the waves, The sun never sets on the Brittish Empire all that jazz. I think he's got that pretty spot on tbh and I didn't contest it.

Tbh, Britian has gone fucking nuts cause of all the stupid shit Labour and parliment has let pass in the last decade or so, totally out of touch with reality, bowing down to get shafted by the EU again and again.

Tony Blair is a huge cunt, he basically ensured that Brown looked like a dick before he took office, claiming through his wife that he was hounded out of the job, he promised he'd give up to Brown years before.

Tory goverment is slighty different, that's how Labour got their landslides back in the day, it was new, people where tired of the same old shit. I'd say to watch out for the same stuff that, happened in Northern Ireland too. For years it was UUP and SDLP two biggest parties on the respective sides, now it's DUP and Sinn Fein cause people eventually would rather pick the guy that feels strongly about something and is clear about it, than the guy that just wants your vote.

The BNP has been growing alot in England, I'd be more worried about that trend than Tories tbh.
Last edited by Mik on Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:26 am

The BNP didn't get 44% in the locals, though.
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:09 pm

No, but they are getting seats in parliment and preach alot of hate.
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:13 pm

They ahve about 10 seats and their constituancies are spread few and far between (literally) they're not a concern and I highly doubt they will be for a long time. Their constitution has to be a joke. It consists of politely asking foreigners to fuck off, which I guess is rather British.
Last edited by Matt on Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.