Marry Leif???

The hub of Aura activity, the cortex that binds the forum together.
Stephanie
Solider

Post by Stephanie » Sun Jun 27, 2004 6:55 pm

Okay my problem is I really want to marry Leif, before he leaves this November, but my parents don't want me too. Should I disobey my parents and marry him, or go against my heart and listen to my parents and wait till he gets back?
WildCard
Not-A-Deserter

Post by WildCard » Sun Jun 27, 2004 8:16 pm

ok...no offense but it's this type of indecisiveness that really irks me. simply put make a choice that makes you the happiest be it marrying him or not before he leaves.
Vandire
Vagabond

Post by Vandire » Sun Jun 27, 2004 8:58 pm

Follow ur heart
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Sun Jun 27, 2004 9:04 pm

either way you love the guy right?

i dont think you need a piece of paper telling you that...me...i say wait...if he goes away...when he comes back...it will be really special..no?
EchoPark
Vagabond

Post by EchoPark » Sun Jun 27, 2004 9:07 pm

Well sorry I must be stupid then. I think its silly to get marryed at a young age especially in ur teens. And to me u havent known him that long enough either but what do I know. Nothin is ever clear with love. I'm just gonna say be careful
Onisama
Whelp

Post by Onisama » Sun Jun 27, 2004 9:43 pm

i dont know much info about his at all, but it's really up to youto decide. not us.
April
Enforcer

Post by April » Sun Jun 27, 2004 11:19 pm

You know Stephanie....fuck what other people say, or think. You can only do what makes you happy, and what's right for you. People will always disagree with things and decisions you make on your own behalf, regardless if it's family or friends. And as much as you care for your parents and respect their ideas...if that isn't the right decision in your heart..why wait? You are your own adult. I hope you make the right decision. Whichever that may be. Even if you learn the right decision might be to wait, or to do it. Good Luck!
Chewi
Anti-Hero

Post by Chewi » Mon Jun 28, 2004 12:22 am

You know I thought it was fucking stupid enough that you wanted to marry him next year, let alone in November but they're right, it's not for us to say.
EchoPark
Vagabond

Post by EchoPark » Mon Jun 28, 2004 12:26 am

*nods*
iMak
Civillian

Post by iMak » Mon Jun 28, 2004 1:16 am

I'm not sure I'm qualified to give advice about marriage.
Stephanie
Solider

Post by Stephanie » Mon Jun 28, 2004 4:04 am

Well this topic may now be closed. I've made my decision and i know a lot of you think I'm too young to be married. But married I will be in September. I know most of you don't believe the same things i do, but i've prayed about it seeking God's will and I truely believe I am doing the right thing in marrying Leif. I know he is my first and only guy i've ever gone out w. but in my heart i know I don't need to try the waters to see if he really is the one for me. I know he is and I'm going for it. Why wait when you know something is true? Specially since he's in the military and life isn't gaurenteed to us. I never know if he will come home. So i'm taking the time i have now to be with him because if i don't i will regret it the rest of my life if something happens to him.

And that piece of paper is sacred to me. I'm a devote christian girl who will not go farther than kissing w.o being married. I believe that some parts of life should be saved for marriage and yes I love him and that is the reason i am marrying him this soon.
Masteroftheweb
Vagabond

Post by Masteroftheweb » Mon Jun 28, 2004 9:09 am

wait wait wait... let me get this striaght.. you're marring a guy... who's leaving... so.. you'll be married... and probably still living at home...

you know what.. fuck it, Iw as gunna re-open this to get better understanding...

but logic doesn't play a roll with you, I forgot
Squirrel
Vagabond

Post by Squirrel » Fri Jul 02, 2004 2:12 am

Okay execute me for re-opening a topic rest assured I will close this I just wanna say my 2 cents and i'll close this. Hun if you think you have go for it. If you honestly think it's your fate to be with him then that's okay. But bear in mind you are only young.