Living with friends

The hub of Aura activity, the cortex that binds the forum together.
Chewi
Anti-Hero

Post by Chewi » Sun Apr 01, 2007 9:36 pm

Ah that's not so bad. Was gonna say, family is a totally different ball game.
Last edited by Chewi on Sun Apr 01, 2007 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Akiko
Trainee

Post by Akiko » Sun Apr 01, 2007 9:40 pm

=/ Her sister and her dad have been encouraging me to move in. they have been for some time. they have a spare room in the house, it was the guest room, but they have been calling it my room. which is kinda nice sence i've slept in the living room past 10 years.
Last edited by Akiko on Sun Apr 01, 2007 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
April
Enforcer

Post by April » Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:34 pm

I lived with my bestfriend...we had an apartment together. At first everything was awesome. But, if I went and seen another friend, and she was home alone, she got mad. She would never admit to it. But it's the truth. Now if she had another friend over I was expected to hang out with them. Do everything she did. I had my own life too. We tired ourselves out from clubbing. Every weekend we were down in ybor city. Getting drunk and dancing. Same clubs each night. Got so old. You started to know strangers there. They all seemed to do the same thing. Mind you this is a strip of bars and clubs where there is literally over 100 different bars and clubs. It was fun times. But you know, I barely go back there now. I barely even see her anymore. Were still best friends, but for awhile we stopped talking. It was tiring having to follow her everywhere. And do everything she did. I got over that shit real quick. And then ontop of...she only had a one bedroom apartment..so I slept on the couch. So she paid the rent, and I paid the utilities and the groceries. She always said that I never paid enough. And I always told her...you had a bed, your own space, and a closet...I had a couch. Fair is fair.
PWX
Scavenger

Post by PWX » Fri Apr 06, 2007 8:02 pm

Well is there any benefit of moving out of where you're staying now? Besides just being with your friend a lot more that is. That's the first thing I'd ask myself. You don't want to end up jumping out of a comfortable position if the only benefit is getting to spend more time with your best friend

You're almost certain to have disagreements. Living together is different than hanging out together or even spending a few nights. There's a lot of things that friends do that annoy us but because they're friends we tend to disregard it.. But when you're living with that friend you can't easily disregard it.

I guess ultimately I'd look at whether it fits in with your future plans. Does moving in with your friend help or hinder what you eventually want to do with your life?
Chewi
Anti-Hero

Post by Chewi » Fri Apr 06, 2007 8:19 pm

That's so negative! What about that wonderfully liberating feeling? :P
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Sat Apr 07, 2007 4:22 pm

I was reading the problem pages of The Sun today, if you move in with two bloke try not to sleep with them instead of paying rent, it causes like loads of problems.
Chewi
Anti-Hero

Post by Chewi » Sat Apr 07, 2007 4:39 pm

Nice to know you think so highly of Brandi. :P
Akiko
Trainee

Post by Akiko » Sat Apr 07, 2007 9:09 pm

:mellow: err.... I'll try to remeber that <_<

lol.... who does that though?? I mean really
Chewi
Anti-Hero

Post by Chewi » Sat Apr 07, 2007 9:23 pm

Well actually that guy I mentioned came close to having a fling with the other girl on a few occasions but that was only before and after we all lived together.
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Sat Apr 07, 2007 11:07 pm

According to this section of The Sun, people are pretty fucked up to each other.
Melana
Distgrunted Hero

Post by Melana » Sun Apr 08, 2007 4:23 am

I lived with a friend of mine for a year, which was fine. But we where in a shared house sort of thing with two people (a couple) with whom i'd been living with the previous year. It was fine, but I think that's mostly because our household was just really laid back, but if something needed to be done we'd usually all do it. No one was lazy, we had a cleaning and dinner roster (lunch should always be fend for yourself unless). I think it was because we all had our own independent lives but liked eachother enough that we could all usually watch one tv program. Most of the time our friends also liked our housemates so it was ok too.

It was a lot better then the previous year with the same couple and the chick (of the couple's) best friend. (Truth be told the 'best friend' wasn't really ever truely a friend in my opinion... just someone who was always around.). The only reason she lived with us is she had been so LAZY finding her own accomodation after she moved out of college and her friend felt bad/was very heavily guilted into accepting her living with us. The boyfriend didn't like her because well... she had a slightly slutting side (i'm being nice... she slept with my boyfriend) and he could see what a cow she was. She had managed to squeeze into an arrangement of paying less rent (which her parents paid anyway) through more weasling. Towards the end of the year it got a little strained because the other girl was just a bit flighty and none of us really liked her other friends.

So it can really be hit of miss. Keep in mind that if you live with your friends family that you will see what they are like everyday, there problems and strengths and that by living there you will be apart of that environment. It could be the most liberating experience for you, but it could also be one of the most stressful times of your life unless you think it through properly.

Believe me coming home with a sense of dread (my first ever shared house) will leave you emotionally drained and unhappy.