Living with friends

The hub of Aura activity, the cortex that binds the forum together.
Akiko
Trainee

Post by Akiko » Fri Mar 30, 2007 10:51 am

So have any of you Lived with a best friend, or know anyone that did? My mom said she tryed it when i was a baby, and it nearly killed the friendship. So i was wondering what everyone elses intake was. My mom isnt a very positive influance, and i have the chance to move in with my best friend, but i dont want to ruin it. SO! let me know what your experiance, or your friends experiance was please!
Chewi
Anti-Hero

Post by Chewi » Fri Mar 30, 2007 12:34 pm

When I was a student, I lived with other students for a year, one guy and two girls. It was a fun year and I miss those times but it wasn't without its problems. When we arranged to live together many months earlier, the two girls were friends but by the time we moved in, they hated each other and it only got worse from there. I didn't particularly like one of the girls either. While I admit that I was sometimes a bit lazy with the household chores, she was often really spiteful and nasty and basically tried to rule the place with an iron fist. What made it even more awkward was that she hooked up with the guy after the first month, though in another way, that's probably what kept things from becoming totally unbearable. He was the sort of guy you couldn't possibly dislike and so he kinda kept the peace. Four and a half years on and they're still together. I have no idea how. :blink: Like I said, they were good times though, we had some great laughs and I don't regret it one bit.

So generally speaking, it can be great. Some of the best times of your life. I've heard a few nightmare stories but I've heard a lot more fun ones.
Last edited by Chewi on Fri Mar 30, 2007 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Akiko
Trainee

Post by Akiko » Fri Mar 30, 2007 3:41 pm

hmm... ^_^ Keep the stories commin!!
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Fri Mar 30, 2007 4:47 pm

The only moral I can get from James' story is that you shoukld start sleeping with the person, it'll make it all work out.
Akiko
Trainee

Post by Akiko » Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:03 pm

hmm... im still a bit unsure though. Were both mature, and we dont party, we do keep the house clean, I dont mind doing that. so...i dont see any agure ments there...
EchoPark
Vagabond

Post by EchoPark » Sat Mar 31, 2007 1:16 am

Hmm u start seeing the other person flaws alot more. I mean I've moved out and in a house with dani ofc and before she was a polite english girl ... oh its all changed i finally see her true side. XD.

When u live with some u start acting more relax around the person so bad habits will start to arise. Me and dani have had our fair share of arguements about the house and all
Narren7
Solider

Post by Narren7 » Sat Mar 31, 2007 1:33 am

I lived with Dave as a room mate for a good while.
He does random shit that about drives me insane (Steph can vouch! she's seen first hand after all!)
but i would'nt trade it or our time together for anything.

But yeah its the stupid shit the usually starts the disagreements.
Like toothpaste spat in the sink and not rinsed out or wet towels on the floor,etc.
Last edited by Narren7 on Sat Mar 31, 2007 1:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chewi
Anti-Hero

Post by Chewi » Sat Mar 31, 2007 12:57 pm

You said "friend" so I didn't mention Marna and I. We practically never argue. She constantly moans about my pile of clothes in the bedroom but I know she has her own secret pile in the cupboard. :D She moans when I make her do the washing up but it's only fair because I do all the cooking.

As for cooking, if you have similar tastes, you can cook for each other or one of you can do the cooking while the other does some other stuff. In the student house, we all cooked our own food. Some people recommend against that but it worked okay for us. More than two people trying to cook different things at once generally leads to stress though.
Stephanie
Solider

Post by Stephanie » Sat Mar 31, 2007 4:32 pm

Narren7 wrote:I lived with Dave as a room mate for a good while.
He does random shit that about drives me insane (Steph can vouch! she's seen first hand after all!)
but i would'nt trade it or our time together for anything.

But yeah its the stupid shit the usually starts the disagreements.
Like toothpaste spat in the sink and not rinsed out or wet towels on the floor,etc.

to the point we chased him outta the house w/ popcicles.
EchoPark
Vagabond

Post by EchoPark » Sun Apr 01, 2007 12:11 am

Thats where me and dani go wrong lol is the cooking. Shes a veggi and am no. I use to be a cook at a kitchen and it made me not a bad cook when i want to be and it also made me like to try new stuff out but its hard to cook for one cause I will usually like anything i make myself but i like opinions. But dani cant try it and i dont like trying that veggi shit lol but i do have it as its cheaper to buy all the same shit.

So yea having the same taste in food helps lol
Chewi
Anti-Hero

Post by Chewi » Sun Apr 01, 2007 11:04 am

Yeah that's a point. The downside of cooking for yourself is that cooking for one is practically impossible. I used to make enough for two and put half of it in the fridge for the next day. Even cooking for two is tricky sometimes, I think three is the ideal number.
Tartan
Solider

Post by Tartan » Sun Apr 01, 2007 1:51 pm

"She constantly moans about my pile of clothes in the bedroom"
The PILE keeps getting BIGGER AND BIGGER wait till you see all the bug and spiders crawling out yer socks and boxers and form the pockets of yer jeans and you come crying to and i say" Told you so!"
its so off putting seeing that before bed no wonder i cant sleep!!
is nasty at least you cant SEE MINE! its hidden and no ones knows about it....well par from you lot here know

tho living together is fun can be a laugh i love the fact i can be a total wierdo and chewi dont mind (hes has know informed me i drive him crazy)heeheee.but cos we are so comfty with each other its great and good fun we dont fight unless i want a take away but its all play fight.
and i normally win!
Akiko
Trainee

Post by Akiko » Sun Apr 01, 2007 9:15 pm

well..hmm.... i dunno. I spend somestimes threedays a week there sometimes a week there. i like her family, and they have been encourageing me to move in. but i heard like like that would make you feel like a stranger in your own home?

I've been adviced to try it temperarly

shes one of two friends i have so i'm being very careful with this. i've known her sence 7th grade and i dont want to kill it yet
Chewi
Anti-Hero

Post by Chewi » Sun Apr 01, 2007 9:29 pm

You're moving in with her family?
Akiko
Trainee

Post by Akiko » Sun Apr 01, 2007 9:35 pm

its just her and her dad. and her dad being a firefighter, hes gone a lot. every three days, and if hes working over time, more.