Hotel Cook Arrested

The hub of Aura activity, the cortex that binds the forum together.
Stephanie
Solider

Post by Stephanie » Sun Mar 11, 2007 4:31 am

This is an article in my local newspaper. This HAPPENED in the hotel I work at. hahaha.

Police: Hotel cook caught with cocaine, cash
Listen to this article or download audio file.Click-2-Listen

By Ed Richter

Staff Writer

Saturday, March 10, 2007

MIDDLETOWN — A Middletown man was checked into jail early Friday after police found him in a room at the hotel where he worked as a cook — allegedly with more than 100 grams of cocaine and more than $6,000.

After receiving complaints about drug dealing at the bar located at the Ramada Inn on Ohio 122, police placed an undercover detective at the hotel, according to Sgt. Rodney Muterspaw.

After making some drug buys over the past month, about nine detectives and patrol officers had a warrant signed by Middletown Municipal Court Judge Mark Wall at 2 a.m. Friday to search the room occupied by Bruce Hughley, 33, Muterspaw said.

According to Muterspaw, police arrived at the hotel at about 2:35 a.m. and obtained a key card from the hotel management. Police broke down the door when they found Hughley's door dead-bolted from inside, Muterspaw said.

When police entered the room, they found 110 grams of cocaine, more than $6,000 in a safe in the room, two cell phones and a digital scale, Muterspaw said.

Muterspaw said "crack (cocaine) crumbs were all over the cash.

"He was the little kingpin of trafficking at the Ramada Inn," Muterspaw said.

Hughley was charged with drug abuse cocaine, a second-degree felony; drug abuse crack cocaine, a fourth-degree felony; and possession of drug paraphernalia, a first-degree misdemeanor, according to Middletown City Jail records.

Hughley appeared Friday in Middletown Municipal Court, where a bond of $150,000 was set, Muterspaw said. Hughley remained in the city jail as of Friday evening, according to police.

A preliminary hearing for Hughley was set for 1:30 p.m. March 16 in municipal court.
Last edited by Stephanie on Sun Mar 11, 2007 4:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chewi
Anti-Hero

Post by Chewi » Sun Mar 11, 2007 4:40 am

Heh. Just goes to show that kind of thing can happen anywhere.
Icefire
Trainee

Post by Icefire » Sun Mar 11, 2007 4:41 am

wow, they caught a little tiny fish. like that's really gonna make a difference.
when they actually start shutting down the major drug cartels in south america then that's what will be actual news.
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Sun Mar 11, 2007 5:03 am

drug cartels in south america?

you mean like in a whole other country where jurisdiction doesn't apply and political relationships get in the way of everything?

another venue to exhaust resources that could be put to better use here?

ok.
Icefire
Trainee

Post by Icefire » Sun Mar 11, 2007 8:53 am

who said waste resources to do it? just start the damn contra wars again and let the fucking military actually do it's job for once. but wait, that's right...our government doesn't want to piss off the governments of foreign countries who can't police their own and the end result is the shipment of drugs into our country.

so, looking at it your way, that WOULD be helping here in the states by stopping it at the fucking source. all this political correctness bullshit needs to be tossed aside for once. it's gotten old and causes more problems than solutions.
Bogey
Not-A-Deserter

Post by Bogey » Sun Mar 11, 2007 9:34 am

pfft have you seen Bad Boys 2? you Americans don't need to waste time on that politics nonsense.
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Sun Mar 11, 2007 4:22 pm

dude, you should never say the military isn't doing its job.

anyway....

you wanna cut down drugs in america.
you dont go after people in a whole other county.

you just go after the rich people here...for once.

who gives a damn about the foreign supplier.
he isn't actually the snakes head.

you knock out a key local distributor and you also knock out every other "small fish" that works for him.

theirs is no need to go anywhere.

america has problems. just admit it and stop blaming it on somebody else.

just go to the suburbs and arrest the first rich 25-45 year old white man you see who doesn't actually have a job.
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Sun Mar 11, 2007 6:42 pm

It's not really the job of the military to stop drug cartels... that's a policing action. Drug abuse has existed since the dawn of man, I don't think a few gun boats are gonna save the day.
Stephanie
Solider

Post by Stephanie » Sun Mar 11, 2007 8:43 pm

That kinda thing normally doesn't happen in my town though. Hehe..the newspaper is normally filled w/ dull boring things. And for it to happen at my place of work? That's even more unlikely to happen. My life tends to be on the dull side, so eventhough it wasn't MY life that happened TOO...it did effect it to a degree.
Icefire
Trainee

Post by Icefire » Mon Mar 12, 2007 4:02 am

kaos wrote:dude, you should never say the military isn't doing its job.

anyway....

you wanna cut down drugs in america.
you dont go after people in a whole other county.

you just go after the rich people here...for once.

who gives a damn about the foreign supplier.
he isn't actually the snakes head.

you knock out a key local distributor and you also knock out every other "small fish" that works for him.

theirs is no need to go anywhere.

america has problems. just admit it and stop blaming it on somebody else.

just go to the suburbs and arrest the first rich 25-45 year old white man you see who doesn't actually have a job.

first off, i'm not meaning to say the military isn't doing it's job. they could be doing things a hell of alot better if the politicians would take the reigns off. sure, there'd be things done which would be questionable but big deal. it'll solve the problems much faster.

you say to cut the head off the snake and to do that we must go after those here in the states....that's a good concept. but incorrect i'm sorry to say. ok, lets say that happens. take out all these local distributors and all their small fish. wow, congrats you just stemmed the flow of drugs into this nation by a marginal percentage which within 1-2 years time will be right back up if not more so.

the reason for this is because all those cartels shipping the drugs into this country will just find new distributors who'll then find their own small fish to work for them. they've tried that in california numerous times and it happens the same way. they aren't solving the problem, they're just making it worse by doing it that way.

also, i never denied this country doesn't have problems. we have so many it isn't funny cause here our nation is trying to help others when a good majority hate this country's fucking guts.

you say there's no need to go anywhere? wrong again, we tried that back before world war 1 and world war 2. isolationism does not work, why? cause eventually we'd wind up the target in the end anyways and by the time that happened we'd have no allies left. might as well jump in while the shit flies when ya got some already in it that'll be backing ya up.

however, all this may seem like i'm trying to make it out as the main problem/s but it isn't. the real big problem is our damn politicians pulling out help once they think the job's done when it isn't. thus leaving whatever allies we had, behind to fend for themselves. that just pisses'em off leaving the job half done. which is why so many countries hate ours at the current state in time.

and mik, in reply to your comment, i've got to say you are so correct that it's a police action. but the thing is, our military has literally become the world's police force nearly because the goddamn u.n. can never decide on what it should do to help. the main reason behind that is cause every member state in that obsolete piece of shit has all their heads up their collective asses.
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:38 am

You should starting using those funky lasers and shit you developed, heck it's okay if you break the Geneva convention, you never signed it in the first place.
Icefire
Trainee

Post by Icefire » Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:49 am

lol i find those amusing. relying upon protocols for warfare....yeah, there's a concept that nearly every nation has raped to some degree ever since they were made.
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Mon Mar 12, 2007 12:00 pm

Appearently, it's illegal to stick somebody with a bayonet and then fire the gun.
Icefire
Trainee

Post by Icefire » Mon Mar 12, 2007 12:02 pm

lmao i remember that one. there's one about not using anti aircraft guns on other infantry if you have no other weapons to use. that one was always good.
Trigo
Solider

Post by Trigo » Mon Mar 12, 2007 12:16 pm

Lastwolf wrote:Appearently, it's illegal to stick somebody with a bayonet and then fire the gun.
I've been told that a few times.