Hotel Cook Arrested

The hub of Aura activity, the cortex that binds the forum together.
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Mon Mar 12, 2007 1:15 pm

If you want to solve the drugs problems of the world you need to look at why people have drugs problems, not just hit the supplier. There'll always be a supplier. For each and everyone one that goes there will be a gap in that "part" of the black market and another will fill his place.

A really responsible government will do it's best to get rid of the crap, too. Take the bad stuff off the streets and lock those up who intended to do harm. There was news of some weed going around England with bits of glass and silicon in it. We have this "ask Frank" service here for people who want advice on quitting drugs or just information about them. You'd think a government agency would be on top of the drus market and would know all about this dangerous batch. But nah, did they fuck.

Also take care with that article, it's a bit misleading, it makes out like this guy was selling prewashed crack. When he was just selling cocaine. But fuck, 110 grams is a lot of money, someone is going to be pissed off at him.

EDIT:

And the military leach of the United States military needs tightening. You guys can't even shoot at the right people.
Last edited by Matt on Mon Mar 12, 2007 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Icefire
Trainee

Post by Icefire » Mon Mar 12, 2007 1:41 pm

lol nah just sounds like some guys decided to play cowboy and one probably yelled "look! REDCOATS!"

EDIT:
also, on the drugs thing. that's basically what i'm saying about kaos's suggestion. just going for local distibutors doesn't solve the problem. go after the guys who actually make the shit in mass quantity from all their chem labs and poppy fields, etc, etc, etc. once that's done it'll be much easier to deal with cause the distributors won't have suppliers. without supplies, they can't meet their demands. that's when our governments will actually be able to effectively clean it off the streets without worries someone else moving in and setting up shop if a potent message is sent out that if anyone tries again, they'll just be removed from the equation like all the rest. but again, that's only an if cause honestly, nobody's ever gonna do it anytime within this century.
Last edited by Icefire on Mon Mar 12, 2007 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Mon Mar 12, 2007 1:54 pm

You could always just legalize the drugs?

What this world really needs is a nihilistic communist movement based on democracy. Turn society on it's head and reform public ideals and ways of living. Just not so nihilistic in punishing ourselves for being good at the evolution game.
Last edited by Matt on Mon Mar 12, 2007 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Mon Mar 12, 2007 2:02 pm

you only creat a power vacuum for a short space of time, for once I agree with Matt if you don't fix the problem it only gonna recur.

Supply and demand.

I'm a fan for legalising just about everything, that way you can alteast keep an eye on it, so there not cutting with rat posion or saw dust. Takes it out of the hands of shadey fuckers all together.
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Mon Mar 12, 2007 2:15 pm

Lastwolf wrote:I'm a fan for legalising just about everything, that way you can alteast keep an eye on it, so there not cutting with rat posion or saw dust. Takes it out of the hands of shadey fuckers all together.
Exactly my point. It's taxable, controlled and use rarely infringes on the rights of others.
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Mon Mar 12, 2007 3:19 pm

legalising evything is fine till your brother becomes a legal crackhead and your mother a lagal horine addict.

I didnt mean to imply that its a one time thing.
ofcourse cartels would have to try and locate new locals.
and dispite the downtime being seeming short. its ultimately a good thing.

if you keept at it then you'll eventually make the buisness inprofitable for everyone including a cartel. who has to frequent find new distributors he's certain he can trust and as soon as he does is back to the drawing board within a weeks time.

too much effort not enough money.
and the buisness becomes exactly the opposite of what used to be and less attractive.
Last edited by kaos on Mon Mar 12, 2007 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Mon Mar 12, 2007 4:13 pm

The solution to legalizing drugs is to refuse free health care for drug users. Same for smokers and to an extent any drinking related problems.

Also, substances like heroin aren't that dangerous to health. You might see a scrawny smackhead here and there as it is now, that's because the drug is so addictive and so expensive that food money is used for drugs. Given a healthy diet, heroin users can be indistinguishable from anyone else.

Me personally, I don't want to take heroin and probably never will. I've tried a few drugs and found they're not for me. Other people are different but one thing remains the same; they're a good buzz.
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Mon Mar 12, 2007 4:21 pm

I find the whole "good buzz" concept stupid

Ive heard it before, mostly as an excuse.

really stupid.
Last edited by kaos on Mon Mar 12, 2007 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Mon Mar 12, 2007 4:37 pm

Having tried a few, I can say they're a good buzz. Just not ones I like experimenting with.

People who take drugs are no different to people who drink and people who smoke.
Last edited by Matt on Mon Mar 12, 2007 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Tue Mar 13, 2007 11:22 am

Whilst I agree in principle I'm not sure I like the trend that denying care sets.
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Tue Mar 13, 2007 11:31 am

Me neither, but unless you do such things, it would then open up total abuse of the system.

Imagine the depressed old man that lives near us all. He drinks day in day out and eventually he's going to get sick and treated with my tax money. Well, I'm just proposing that he he's warned in good time that if he carries on drinking a litre of Whiskey a day, he's going to get sick and die alone and in a painful manner. Maybe it will stop him from drinking so much, or at least to the extreme. Now imagine all drugs are practically legalized and the apparent problems that would arise from abuse. Are you willing to pay for someone elses abuse problems?

It costs £12,000 a year to support a heroin addict on the NHS. Legalize the drug, the prices will be cut in half and he'll be able to afford more food. Less smackheads nicking your shit and safer, prettier streets are soon to follow.

Also, Chavs. We need a Mao/Stalin style solution for Chavs.
Last edited by Matt on Tue Mar 13, 2007 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Super Goat Weed
Anti-Hero

Post by Super Goat Weed » Wed Mar 14, 2007 5:54 am

i've got a cheap solution...

how much do bullets cost?
Icefire
Trainee

Post by Icefire » Wed Mar 14, 2007 6:10 am

depending on the ammuntion you use, it can range anywhere from 2-4 cents or all the way up to 4 dollars. :P so basically if you use good ammo to kill someone, they just costed you 4 bucks per bullet you unload into them.
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Wed Mar 14, 2007 1:54 pm

I seriously hope you're not implying that you shoot drug addicts or even Chavs, Ben. Jokingly, yes. Seriously? You're mad.
Last edited by Matt on Wed Mar 14, 2007 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Super Goat Weed
Anti-Hero

Post by Super Goat Weed » Wed Mar 14, 2007 2:57 pm

obviously a joke, but I'm all for more harsh penalties for drug dealers.

and possibly chavs... although we don't have those around here.