Better Mac Ads

The hub of Aura activity, the cortex that binds the forum together.
EchoPark
Vagabond

Post by EchoPark » Tue Feb 13, 2007 2:56 am

http://tv.truenuff.com/mac/networking.php

Watch the whole lot is great!! Pretty much taken the piss out of the new Apple Mac ads u will see on some sites and the TV.

"Oh Midgets"

"Yes Midgets!"

XD

And if no one gets what i mean about the new Mac Ads look here

http://www.apple.com/uk/getamac/
Chewi
Anti-Hero

Post by Chewi » Tue Feb 13, 2007 4:09 am

Haha these are great. Can't get them fast enough, don't want to stop my torrent, it's flying!

The real Mac ad was so true though. I thought it was a major exaggeration until I actually used Vista. If you try to delete a file outside your home folder, it asks you no less than three times. Really. And in case I get accused of double standards, Linux, depending on which desktop you're using will probably ask you twice.

The gaming vid was blatant lies. ;) OS X can run all four Quakes. And so can Linux for that matter. :P Even FreeBSD can play them all if you use Linux emulation for Quake IV.

The security vid misses one major point. OS X is a direct descendant of BSD!
Last edited by Chewi on Tue Feb 13, 2007 4:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Xanien
Not-A-Deserter

Post by Xanien » Tue Feb 13, 2007 8:42 am

I still want to get one of those MacBooks when I upgrade though . . . pretty bad ass being able to use both XP and OS X through the use of Boot Camp. Plus the built in internet, mic, and camera are sweet ideas.
EchoPark
Vagabond

Post by EchoPark » Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:51 am

i thought they were pretty good XD, Chewi gamin for linux sucks ... admit it! Who just wants to play Quake all day lol to much hard work to play a game i say.

And just remember chewi ur basing ur idea or windows in vista ... alot of ppl out there says it sucks ... thats why use the more fun but still as fucked up XP lol it only askes u to delete something once! .... then the blue screen of death!!!!!!!! Thats a lie but still it does only ask once
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Tue Feb 13, 2007 12:15 pm

No gonna bother with vista until I get it free with a new machine, All the work machines are on Xp pro so I'll find out one day what it's like.
Chewi
Anti-Hero

Post by Chewi » Tue Feb 13, 2007 12:37 pm

Free. Hah! You can take it back, you know. ;)

As for me, I really am getting it for free and it's legit. Will be using it for testing. Plus you should "know your enemy" as they say.
Last edited by Chewi on Tue Feb 13, 2007 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EchoPark
Vagabond

Post by EchoPark » Tue Feb 13, 2007 12:42 pm

we got a free upgrade with the new laptop, but i won't be putting it in
PWX
Scavenger

Post by PWX » Sat Feb 17, 2007 8:34 am

Blah Vista, talk about a load o' crap.

Beef up system requirements, severely limit the people's freedom to upgrade their PCs, and from what I read a not as stellar compatibility list as they'd like you to think.

Yet they'll put pressure on software developers to abandon XP and therefore most people will have to migrate or defunct to Mac.

Mac does good appealing to that "I've got to be cutting edge" crowd. Although there's good multimedia and graphics software that I've seen, the Mac seems week in some other software aspects, particularly games. Although if they continue to run Windows XP, then I can see them taking a good edge on Windows.

I'm fine with Linux myself
Chewi
Anti-Hero

Post by Chewi » Sat Feb 17, 2007 12:04 pm

I installed Vista on my laptop the night before last. It's purely for testing so it won't get used much. Know your enemy, as they say. Work are paying for it so I don't have to. You wouldn't believe the lengths I had to go to just to get it to install. It's been okay since then but even though it seems nice enough on the face of it, I know what evilness lurks within.
EchoPark
Vagabond

Post by EchoPark » Sat Feb 17, 2007 1:13 pm

i hate the idea of upgrading to vista, so i'm gonna prolong it as long as possible, i cant see whats so good about it.

I like macs but for what they are there no worth it, the only thing there good for at families and graphics. I need a gaming machine without the hassile, so no linux, i know some games run native but not alot of the ones i play.
Xanien
Not-A-Deserter

Post by Xanien » Sat Feb 17, 2007 4:05 pm

Speaking of Mac things . . . i bought a new iPod Nano today because my old 20 GB has been continously dying and I use it so ubiquitously that I've become dependent on it when riding my bike or taking a long trip. But after spending 24,000 yen ($200 or so) . . . well even with the new extended 24 hour battery life . . . I feel ripped off and like it wasn't even worth it. Mac stuff is overpriced . . .
EchoPark
Vagabond

Post by EchoPark » Sat Feb 17, 2007 4:26 pm

yep very bad. girlfriend has a nano and i could of gotten a lot better spec for the same price
Bogey
Not-A-Deserter

Post by Bogey » Sat Feb 17, 2007 11:44 pm

Mac stuff is overpriced because idiots with too much money buy them as fashion accessories.
Xanien
Not-A-Deserter

Post by Xanien » Sun Feb 18, 2007 12:33 am

Well, my problem is OWNING a Mac. You can't use iTunes to load up a seperate MP3 player (the songs are only coded for an iPod). And I'm not sure I wanted to get a new MP3 player and then not be able to use any or all of my music because it wasn't in the right format, meaning I would have to copy everything I have and put it in that NEW songlist.

Don't know if you guys have heard, but people in France and a few other countries are pissed at this security feature, meaning if they Download a song from ITUNES, they have to use is on ITUNES or on an iPod. So I really didn't have a choice I'm saying, and maybe that's why I feel it's overpriced. But at least the battery was said to last 24 hours. That's one redeeming quality.
EchoPark
Vagabond

Post by EchoPark » Sun Feb 18, 2007 1:47 am

ah i see, i dont use ipods all that much, the bit i was pissed of about was i set up itunes on the laptop and did everything through it but when the laptop fuck i had to do it through here and when i stuck it in, it wiped the whole memory of the ipod so all the music was gone, which wasnt that pissed about as it only takes a few mins to put back on but how they could do that. Its not just 1 ipod i had the problem with there been 3, plus my dads and his m8s had the problem they all got the video ones eh and they just do the same.