alternative healing

The hub of Aura activity, the cortex that binds the forum together.
Tartan
Solider

Post by Tartan » Thu Jan 18, 2007 6:41 pm

Alternative healing eg reiki ,crystal healing ,aromatherapy hot stone massages ect.

As a beginer Reiki healer and Blessed Wiccan i have my own views as i use crystals every day myself and send healing.

whats your views and have you eva try any ?
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Thu Jan 18, 2007 7:32 pm

I'm not trying to be funny are anything...
But when you say healing...you mean what exactly?

cuzz i have images of broken bones and deep cuts.
and smelling a pepermint candle wont cut it.
Tartan
Solider

Post by Tartan » Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:53 pm

depression or self loving or energizing or sore heads or muslces pms stuff like that or

Herbs in stead of pills,
Reiki
Massages
Aromatherapy
Hypnosis
Chinese Herds
Acupuncture.

that a bit clearer?
Last edited by Tartan on Thu Jan 18, 2007 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Xuenay
Trainee

Post by Xuenay » Thu Jan 18, 2007 9:30 pm

It depends. Some of the stuff you listed, like acupuncture, has been shown to be useful. The rest is probably just a placebo effect. Also, doctors tend to be pretty busy, and in a pressure to treat as many patients as possible in a short time - even though they might not know as much actual medicine, alternative healers might have the advantage of having more time to treat you. That has a useful psychological effect as well. Massages help you relax, and reducing your stress usually helps ward off disease as well. Etc.

If you're sick, it probably doesn't hurt to try some alternative medicine if that's your cup of tea. Usually. (Those herbs might have undocumented side-effects or outright make things worse. Or they could cause interesting interactions with the medicine you're taking.) Still, if you want to be sure that the treatment you're getting is actually doing something, I'd mainly stick with the treatments that have passed double-blind studies.
Last edited by Xuenay on Thu Jan 18, 2007 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Super Goat Weed
Anti-Hero

Post by Super Goat Weed » Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:25 pm

i've heard peeing on your feet helps kill athletes foot...
Tartan
Solider

Post by Tartan » Sun Jan 21, 2007 12:36 pm

er....yeah.... <_<

surely some has tried something ?
Trigo
Solider

Post by Trigo » Sun Jan 21, 2007 3:19 pm

well i keep a small bit of qurtaz and ameshyst(my spellig is great) crystal in my wallet.
Tartan
Solider

Post by Tartan » Sun Jan 21, 2007 4:34 pm

:E good for you^^ i went to collage to learn about cystals and their healing properties. :E

Amethyst is lovely its a good stone for cleansing the blood and stress it also draws energy towards you.try not it be left on a shelf in the sun btw as it will fade in colour

Quartz is a ver powerfull crystal in so many ways and is good for understanding thigs clearly its a very good calming stone as well and is part of a big family.

i have both of thm in my collection out of my 80odd tpyes its a costly collection.
Last edited by Tartan on Sun Jan 21, 2007 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Trigo
Solider

Post by Trigo » Sun Jan 21, 2007 7:14 pm

Aurora wrote::E good for you^^ i went to collage to learn about cystals and their healing properties. :E

Amethyst is lovely its a good stone for cleansing the blood and stress it also draws energy towards you.try not it be left on a shelf in the sun btw as it will fade in colour

Quartz is a ver powerfull crystal in so many ways and is good for understanding thigs clearly its a very good calming stone as well and is part of a big family.

i have both of thm in my collection out of my 80odd tpyes its a costly collection.
Well they both live in my wallet was attach to a chain but fell apart. I have a small interst in the crystal stuff thats been kicking about but never in great detail.
Bogey
Not-A-Deserter

Post by Bogey » Sun Jan 21, 2007 11:53 pm

I sleep with horse manure in my pillow case.
Chewi
Anti-Hero

Post by Chewi » Sun Jan 21, 2007 11:58 pm

Eddie Izzard: Your poo keeps you warm, yes? :lol: