This is seriously pissing me off!!!

The hub of Aura activity, the cortex that binds the forum together.
Squirrel
Vagabond

Post by Squirrel » Sat Jun 26, 2004 12:15 pm

Toe Nail wrote:Zone Alarm is great for a PC user. Black Ice is probably best for a person running a network (by way of firewalls).

AdAware is a sack of crap because it uses it's own form of spyware on your computer. It's best to find some generic ad removal program from http://www.downloads.com/  There are plenty of great freeware programs on there.

ZoneAlarm sucks fat cock. I should know my 2nd work place uses it. Norton doesn't suck. It only sucks if YOUR computer sucks. See one hand cannot clap without the other Nik :P
Toe Nail
Whelp

Post by Toe Nail » Sun Jun 27, 2004 12:14 am

No, he's right, Norton and McAffee are pretty useless. And Zone Alarm is a really good program if you know how to actively monitor a firewall.

Anything with an open port is subject to hijacking though, no matter how well you try to protect it.
Vandire
Vagabond

Post by Vandire » Sun Jun 27, 2004 3:56 am

one hand can lass, and norton does suck, 8 lines of code, mcafees fucked, 3 and nortons fucked ^^

i realy shouldnt have deleted all my shit (glares at almostnotsowookie) cos i coulda shown ya how, hell, norton 2003 or was it 2002, anyway, it wouldnt scan a file if it started with a !, the av would just die, pretty crap, want a decent antivirus, get kapersky, as for a decent fire wall, a hardware ones your best bet, and aye, zonealarm sucks, but theres nothing worth protecting on my boxx, i just like to see whats asking for net access, but even then, thats shit, cos you can inject say a trojan into a process, so that say, your trusty IExplore.exe askes for net access, you go "oh, thats fine, there ya go lil fella" and w00t, my lil baby minimo gets a ping, reverse connects, autodlds all cached passwords, signs you out of all messengers, prompts for you to re-enter there passwords, then sets up an ftp server on your pc, that anyone who knows your ip can access

ah, the good old days

it sucks being a convert -_-
Isuls
Civillian

Post by Isuls » Sun Jun 27, 2004 9:49 am

Lol, my computer downstairs got completely fucked by viruses, adware, spyware and all that crap so we just deleted all the files, uninstalled the operating system and wiped the memory, then reinstalled all the stuff.
XP's not good for finding viruses and stuff though, my old PC was Windows 98 and it had way less viruses than the newer one, and the older systems are so much easier to piss about with the program files and stuff...at least I think so, lol.
Morbid Angel
Solider

Post by Morbid Angel » Sun Jun 27, 2004 10:58 pm

It's because alot of malware, worms and viruses are meant to attack the flaws in XP, rather than the older versions of Windows. Like the Blaster Worm, everybody with Windows 98 was safe from it.

I don't see why Macafee is so bad, I haven't had a virus or spyware since I installed it. Only tracking cookies.
April
Enforcer

Post by April » Sun Jun 27, 2004 11:02 pm

Yuffie wrote:ZoneAlarm sucks fat cock. I should know my 2nd work place uses it. Norton doesn't suck. It only sucks if YOUR computer sucks. See one hand cannot clap without the other Nik :P
I second that.

And I agree with Dani's first post. Do spybot search and destroy. It's free and works!!
Chewi
Anti-Hero

Post by Chewi » Mon Jun 28, 2004 1:00 am

Heh I use ZoneAlarm on Windows 98 but I hardly use Windows so it makes little difference to me. I think the free version of ZoneAlarm is fine for most people though. It's easy enough to use and seemingly does a good job. I wouldn't use it myself on a more general basis because it's far too restrictive but that's just me.

I've heard of a free one called Look 'n' Stop but I don't know what that's like.

But note that a firewall won't stop you getting popups or ad bars!
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Mon Jun 28, 2004 3:25 pm

Mate make sure you have IE closed while yor runnin anti spyware/addware shit.

Hijackthis was useful in removing pops and garb from my old computer.
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Mon Jun 28, 2004 3:54 pm

this is what the fucker *twitches* looks like....

believe me i have tried every *twitches* spyware...adware remover you have all posted!!

it has no name...removes any other bar...and keeps trying to change my home page *twitches* when ever i start my computer
Chewi
Anti-Hero

Post by Chewi » Mon Jun 28, 2004 4:18 pm

Hey it's me! :D
Vandire
Vagabond

Post by Vandire » Mon Jun 28, 2004 5:10 pm

spyware

anoying huh

switch browser

IE is plagued by things like that
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Mon Jun 28, 2004 6:06 pm

to what netscape?

where???...oh yeah
Raven
Whelp

Post by Raven » Mon Jun 28, 2004 7:08 pm

I can't get rid of that damned toolbar. I found what it was once, thought I killed it but it returned and wouldn't let my msn or google toolbars stay on. Evil thing. Anyways, I'm using Firefox, Avant or Netscape whenever I can now. evil IE must die...
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Mon Jun 28, 2004 8:57 pm

right if i switch....they will.....stop?
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Mon Jun 28, 2004 11:38 pm

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHh

FIREFOX!!!!!!!!