Religion is shit!

The hub of Aura activity, the cortex that binds the forum together.
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Tue Dec 12, 2006 2:23 am

You should write a book.
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Tue Dec 12, 2006 5:09 am

he's writting 3 of 'em
Masteroftheweb
Vagabond

Post by Masteroftheweb » Tue Dec 12, 2006 5:32 pm

I just watched the doc: "the root of all evil?" and while I did enjoy it, something that I viewed as a little underhanded was when the nutcases were talking, he narrated over them.

I mean... they were nutcases, so why listen, but I would have liked to hear there crazy cases.

I do have to admit though... Matt brought up an impressive question.

What makes Yaweh different than Zues? I have never thought to ask this question, but I'll be sure to save it. I'm not conserned with changing someone's belief, but I would like to hear their answer.
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Tue Dec 12, 2006 11:29 pm

Masteroftheweb wrote:I do have to admit though... Matt brought up an impressive question.

What makes Yaweh different than Zues?
Seriously?
I dont think the question is impressive at all. its one of the first things that came to mind the very minute I found out about other actual deitys.
its a question ive asked lots of times.
especially since I'm heavily into "mythology" from all ranges of life and time.

its a good question yes.
but impressive?
not to me anyway, to me it seems like one of the first questions that could come from the mouth of a 5 year old trying to understand.

anyway........

[youtube][/youtube]
stupid thing wont work.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q631uZ6DQzg

The day Thursday is namesaked for the guy if I remember right.
its actually "Thor's Day"
Last edited by kaos on Tue Dec 12, 2006 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:13 am

Tyr's Day (Tuesday)
Wodan's Day (Wednesday)
Thor's Day (Thursday)
Frigg/Freyja's Day (Friday)

The Norse pantheon is responsable for all the days of the week bar Monday (Moon's Day) Sunday (Sun's day) and Saturday which was named after Saturn and not changed from the Roman orginal in english, it directly ransaltes as washing day or something in german.
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Mon Dec 18, 2006 5:46 am

Click here to view the YouTube video. Click here again to hide it.

That works.

You only add the last part of a URL from youtube. Like... q631uZ6DQzg

Also...

I don't think it's such an impressive question, either. It's something people should be asking.
Super Goat Weed
Anti-Hero

Post by Super Goat Weed » Mon Dec 18, 2006 9:21 pm

"If the statistics are right, the Jews constitute but one percent of the human race. It suggests a nebulous dim puff of star dust lost in the blaze of the Milky Way. Properly the Jew ought hardly to be heard of, but he is heard of, has always been heard of. He is as prominent on the planet as any other people, and his commercial importance is extravagantly out of proportion to the smallness of his bulk. His contributions to the world's list of great names in literature, science, art, music, finance, medicine, and abstruse learning are also away out of proportion to the weakness of his numbers. He has made a marvellous fight in the world, in all the ages; and has done it with his hands tied behind him. He could be vain of himself, and be excused for it. The Egyptian, the Babylonian, and the Persian rose, filled the planet with sound and splendor, then faded to dream-stuff and passed away; the Greek and the Roman followed, and made a vast noise, and they are gone; other peoples have sprung up and held their torch high for a time, but it burned out, and they sit in twilight now, or have vanished. The Jew saw them all, beat them all, and is now what he always was, exhibiting no decadence, no infirmities of age, no weakening of his parts, no slowing of his energies, no dulling of his alert and aggressive mind. All things are mortal but the Jew; all other forces pass, but he remains. What is the secret of his immortality?"

Mark Twain
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Tue Dec 19, 2006 9:06 am

I wonder how much I should say ....

My life would be in vast danger......

the answer is.....

NINJAS!

yes, that's right, jewish ninjas with their elite ninja star's of david .

... I must runa nd hide now before they get me.
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:19 am

Don't get me started on those fucking Jews :(