Zodiac Stuff!

The hub of Aura activity, the cortex that binds the forum together.
Masteroftheweb
Vagabond

Post by Masteroftheweb » Mon Nov 27, 2006 9:31 pm

Kaos is a moderator...?

congradulations!

"and i mean religion based on the salvation of ones soul.. "

So anything that doesn't involve the saving of someone's souls isn't a religion? The way you word your sentances, it sounds as if christainity is the only religion that could possibly be right. Maybe you'll understand my low church comment a little better now.
Last edited by Masteroftheweb on Mon Nov 27, 2006 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Melana
Distgrunted Hero

Post by Melana » Tue Nov 28, 2006 1:05 am

Oh dear, this has turned into a big pile of bickering.

My original point was, that people will believe in whatever they want to believe if it makes them feel better. If that (in it's wild generalisation) actually comes to some good then i don't think there is a problem with that.

I don't care if that is religion, the reading of tealeaves or making there bed to military perfection. It's up to them and there free will. I just ask that people respect the right of others in which to believe what they want with a certain amount of tolerance and understanding.

(Johnny i knew you where a mod ages ago lol... you've been a mod for about as long as Kestra chern was my usertitle.)
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:05 am

I do that alot, I enjoy the idea that people have power they don't know about.
Chewi
Anti-Hero

Post by Chewi » Tue Nov 28, 2006 11:36 am

I'd forgotten he was mod but it's for two forums right at the bottom of the page that I never go to. :P
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Tue Nov 28, 2006 2:18 pm

Well, that was a matter of practicality.
Last edited by Mik on Tue Nov 28, 2006 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Wed Nov 29, 2006 3:31 am

Religious types are everywhere pushing what they chose to do with their free will on others :( You don't see many atheists handing out leaflets.
Super Goat Weed
Anti-Hero

Post by Super Goat Weed » Wed Nov 29, 2006 5:41 am

I do see at least two on this website openly professing hatred toward the beliefs of others.

and i've gotten athiest leaflets before.
Masteroftheweb
Vagabond

Post by Masteroftheweb » Wed Nov 29, 2006 5:50 am

I'd like to see those... not because I don't beleive you... but because of the laugh I might get at their content.
Bogey
Not-A-Deserter

Post by Bogey » Wed Nov 29, 2006 6:15 am

Super Goat Weed wrote:I do see at least two on this website openly professing hatred toward the beliefs of others.
If what you perceive from me is hatred of other's beliefs, then I hope that you accounted yourself in those "two" people.
Masteroftheweb
Vagabond

Post by Masteroftheweb » Wed Nov 29, 2006 6:43 am

I still love the christain propaganda athiest goat the best though...
Super Goat Weed
Anti-Hero

Post by Super Goat Weed » Wed Nov 29, 2006 4:08 pm

nope, just you and Matt, i never showed any hatred toward anybody for what they believe. I disagree, i argue, sure, but i never stooped to calling people 'retarded' and the like simply because i don't like what they believe.
Bogey
Not-A-Deserter

Post by Bogey » Wed Nov 29, 2006 4:37 pm

Wow, I'd love to know where I did that.
Super Goat Weed
Anti-Hero

Post by Super Goat Weed » Wed Nov 29, 2006 4:40 pm

Bogey wrote:The first person to ask a question in the Q & A session I would call a retard, or just a complete dick.
although i will admit Matt was far FAR worse then you. Maybe it's not exactly fair to group the two of you togeather in that.
Last edited by Super Goat Weed on Wed Nov 29, 2006 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bogey
Not-A-Deserter

Post by Bogey » Wed Nov 29, 2006 5:11 pm

Hahahahahahaha, is that because of his religious belief?

Did you actually watch the video? The reason I call him a retard and insult him is the way he acts. It's extremely childish. Firstly he comes on mimicing what Dawkins did at the beginning of the lecture saying "Is this mic on?" to mock him. Then when Dawkins asks him to speak up because he can't hear him, he does a long drawn out sarcastic "ssuuuuurrrrreeeee" and follows up with talking to Dawkins like a retard.

Seriously Ben, misquote me on something else. It's funny.

EDIT: It's also clear that you either did not read or understand Matt's explanation on using the term "religious retards". He was talking about the fanatics in the videos.
Last edited by Bogey on Wed Nov 29, 2006 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Super Goat Weed
Anti-Hero

Post by Super Goat Weed » Wed Nov 29, 2006 5:35 pm

no, perhaps i misunderstood the fact that you were talking about his mannerisims rather then his questions, and if that's the case i apologise. I would say he was a bit juvanile, but then again, so is that whole video. It's full of insults and sarcastic biting humor. It's not really suprising that someone would want to tell him off.

And those 'fanatics' in the video are simply people that believe differently then you do. That hardly justifies you to insult them. I'm sure if Matt were to meet several of my friends, he would consider them to be 'fanatics' and 'retards.' I find that very insulting and horribly hypocritical.