Zodiac Stuff!

The hub of Aura activity, the cortex that binds the forum together.
Bogey
Not-A-Deserter

Post by Bogey » Wed Nov 29, 2006 5:40 pm

So you watched the video Matt posted also? The one with the fanatics in it, such as the priest who says the murder of an abortion clinic doctor was justified? Or that they should bring in the death penalty for adultery? These are serious things that infringe on other people's beliefs or freedoms. I have no problem with discarding this type of person as scum.
Super Goat Weed
Anti-Hero

Post by Super Goat Weed » Thu Nov 30, 2006 1:47 am

To view them as scum is just as bad. I, for one, view abortion as murder, plain and simple, and while i wouldn't go around blowing up clinics as some twisted form of justice (murder to justify murder?) would say that it's hypocritical to say his death was any more tragic then the death of those who'se lives he took every day simply because he took a breath of air.

I'm not gonna touch the death penalty for adultry thing, you can have that one, except to say if his religion teaches them to kill them, which no form of Christian doctrine that i've ever seen does, they those of his society should treat her as dead. Active ignoring is what a psychologist would call it. It is, perhaps, a worthy substitute.
Masteroftheweb
Vagabond

Post by Masteroftheweb » Thu Nov 30, 2006 1:56 am

But then we have the beleif system come in, I don't view a lump of flesh to be a living entity... It has no hope of survival in the world without it's mother. So, you're going to take my rights away because you think it's wrong? That in itself, is not right.

(no you you, you group you)
Super Goat Weed
Anti-Hero

Post by Super Goat Weed » Thu Nov 30, 2006 2:19 am

So we should just allow anybody to do anything they think is allright?

That kinda seems to be what you're advocating

in which case, death penalty for adultary is in the bag. They obviously don't view an adtultress as a human being either.
Last edited by Super Goat Weed on Thu Nov 30, 2006 2:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Xanien
Not-A-Deserter

Post by Xanien » Thu Nov 30, 2006 3:10 pm

I got my girlfriend a "Cancer" (the crab) good luck charm from the Love Shrine I went to in Kyoto the other week, and she gave me this cool Pisces necklace last night when she came over and spent the night. I gave her another type of "necklace" after that :E

(HOPE that breaks the mood of this tense thread)
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Thu Nov 30, 2006 4:11 pm

Dude .. ffs
Chewi
Anti-Hero

Post by Chewi » Thu Nov 30, 2006 10:55 pm

Hahahaha. Good one. :D
Melana
Distgrunted Hero

Post by Melana » Fri Dec 01, 2006 2:02 am

I don't know whether to laugh ... or hit you in the face with a sledge hammer
Evil Matt
Enforcer

Post by Evil Matt » Fri Dec 01, 2006 2:10 am

The true zodiac involves a set of twelve (or thirteen) magical stones that give the holders overwhelming power, which they use to manipulate world politics while attempting to resurrect their banished demon-god. Everything else is inaccurate.
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Fri Dec 01, 2006 4:42 am

Didn't realise I was getting mentioned so much in this thread :lol:

I don't think it's clear to Ben that I don't hate people for what they believe. I hate them for what they do. Hate is a very strong word I only use deservingly. There is a huge difference between me hating a religious person and me mocking them.

I think, politics and religion should most definitely never be confused. No law should ever be made taking religion into consideration (unless it's of course "look, don't blow up these guys, and you, stop throwing stones" but those are a given)

Ben's well within his rights to view abortion as wrong. I agree with him. But there are plenty of social reasons for it's existence and it should stay. It's up to each person as to whether they part-take. Like, if a woman doesn't agree, clearly she isn't going to have an abortion. If a woman does, then she might. She does not deserve protesters throwing shit and shouting abuse at her. Those people protesting something they don't like and will never do are fucking RETARDED. Imagine objecting to a film being made which you'll never go see. Why does it matter if it's being made if you made up your mind about seeing it?

I personally feel adultery is wrong, I'll never commit. However, making it a law punishable by death based on the select view of a few, very rogue, religious fanatics? Whoooooooa!
Last edited by Matt on Fri Dec 01, 2006 4:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Fri Dec 01, 2006 6:01 am

Evil Matt wrote:The true zodiac involves a set of twelve (or thirteen) magical stones that give the holders overwhelming power, which they use to manipulate world politics while attempting to resurrect their banished demon-god. Everything else is inaccurate.

thats sounds like a badass cartoon.
Masteroftheweb
Vagabond

Post by Masteroftheweb » Fri Dec 01, 2006 7:29 am

FFT noob. FFT
Xanien
Not-A-Deserter

Post by Xanien » Sun Dec 03, 2006 9:33 am

Chewi wrote:Hahahaha. Good one. :D
Thank you sir :lol:
Melana wrote:I don't know whether to laugh ... or hit you in the face with a sledge hammer
Oh SHUSH you! :mellow:
Masteroftheweb wrote:FFT noob. FFT
Haha, Kaos is a Noob :rolleyes:
Melana
Distgrunted Hero

Post by Melana » Tue Dec 05, 2006 12:48 pm

Oh you know you love me. :) it's in your starsign ;)
Squirrel
Vagabond

Post by Squirrel » Thu Dec 07, 2006 12:10 am

Xanien wrote:Hey Squirrel, what's the symbol for that 13th Sign? Is it something cool like a fire breathing chimera?
Why do people always ask me these things? I have no clue. I only knew about the 13th starsign in this topic.