dead?

The hub of Aura activity, the cortex that binds the forum together.
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Wed Nov 08, 2006 9:47 am

/bow Beardimus
One more thing, unless you're some kind of vegetarian, you better not have a problem with hunting or killing wild game. Some of my favorite dishes you can only make from hunted game, such as Sufreed, or anything made with deer meat, which is freaking awesome. Doing that, however, requires having a gun at home. It's not immoral, or indecent, or even slightly wrong, it's what you do with it that's right or wrong.
Yes, because that McDonald's I ate yesterday the cow had to hunted and shot with rifles, we've been a society of cattle herders and farmers for a considerable time. Plus a gun takes all the fun out of it, use a bow an arrow or a spear of something, like those fox hunting retards, chasing a small dog with 30 odd horses and 100 dogs is not a fucking hunt.

Even if your hunt fails, and some how you miss or something, your really not going to go hungry, it is something your doing for the hell of it. But you want to go shoot a fish in a barrel every now and again go right ahead. It doesn't require having a gun at home unless you live in a forest where deer happen to be prancing around, those animals could be farmed but it's not economically viable I guess.

I refuse to believe that your solution to crime is that we should have more people with guns, that you even suggested it in stating that 'other' crime rates dropped (non-gun related) as a result of the concealed guns on a person frankly has me in awe. Is it perhaps because more crimes involved guns than before and that's why it dropped ?

FYI, when you resort to abusing the spelling errors and grammar of another person, you've reached the bottom of the barrel.
Last edited by Mik on Wed Nov 08, 2006 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Super Goat Weed
Anti-Hero

Post by Super Goat Weed » Thu Nov 09, 2006 8:16 am

Mik

Joe, what's your source? it's obviously biased as they clearly ignore the real problems. I never STI's would decrease, i said it wasn't safe at all. I'd rather you adress my point about the fact that unless you perform a full array of tests, all it will do is continue to spread STIs Also, it clearly only examined third world countries in it's survey, where common safer sex practices were practically unheard of. I bet the same results could have been obtained by simply educating the public in how to use a condom.

Nice dodge though.

oh, and i especially love this paragraph:
Enlightened people within civilized societies pride themselves on the contributions made to others who are less fortunate. Low strata prostitutes clearly rest within the domain of the less fortunate, but the countries who cling to anti-prostitution laws choose to abandon these people and thereby negatively affect the crime, health, and general safety of those nations. One must reconsider whether or not those countries are truly civilized.
HEY JOHNNY! LOOK! IT'S THAT LOW ECONOMIC ARGUMENT AGAIN!

Yes, save the poor, make them all prostitutes, BRILLIANT! and how completely uncivilized of us to have not done that all these years!

Mik: Funny, nobody in the US does that kind of fox hunting, that's clearly a UK think. I hear they use that technique to hunt people now for sport. amusing. Anyway, I know several hunters, those that use bows and rifles, and let me tell you, it's very VERY difficult to hunt deer (which is all we hunt) and you can't even use dogs because the easily outrun and outlast them. It takes a massive measure of paitence and skill. And they can't be raised like cattle for at least a couple of reasons that i know of

1- they need LOTS of room

2 - they jump like you wouldn't believe. fences don't really work all that well.

Also, controling the population is VERY important where we live, much like culling 'roos to the Australians. If we didn't hunt them, it would offset the balance of the environment, not to mention cause tons of car accidents from colisions.

Sorry, but guns are necessary in the US. Completely.

Will and Joe: you can both get off your imaginary moral high horse now, Everybody here knows you're just as opinionated as i am. Hell Joe i could go on a quote fest in this topic alone and grab plenty of stuff you've said. So just kindly shut up. I was simply making the point that i was assulted first, and just grew some atitude in response.
Last edited by Super Goat Weed on Thu Nov 09, 2006 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Thu Nov 09, 2006 8:32 am

So, I'm guessing we all give in arguing with him, then?
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Thu Nov 09, 2006 9:35 am

Convenient, sure.
Easy, yep.
Handy, sure why not.
necessary for the general public, fuck no.

Hunting is almost a totally devoid topic because you don't take a 9mm handgun shooting or a .357 magnum for that matter. My friends dad is really into his hunting, has a stuffed deer in his living room and everything thing, he's not walking around with a conceal shotgun all the time for his own personal safety.

Ben, mate, you can't call drawn facts bias in one hand then claim a bunch of different drawn fact that you found are entirely accurate. When in fact they have nothing to gain really from the legalization of the trade where as the 'my morality > that you' brigade do. So in terms of objectivity if we don't claim equal ground on what seem in both cases to be informed facts then neither can be counted.

I really don't see how you get this magical idea that STI rates would increase, I mean come on. STI's are spread without the help of prostitutes and I'm sure they'd continue to spread without them. But your trying to say with controls in place maintaining the reputability of the act and enforcing health checks and 'safe' sex practices to be used, which in the illegal format there are no assurances.

So in by making the risk of infection LESS we increase the spreading ?? can you seriously not see how that makes no sense at all.
Super Goat Weed
Anti-Hero

Post by Super Goat Weed » Thu Nov 09, 2006 7:26 pm

oh for the millionth time i never said it would increase

holy crap man, read my posts.

i said it wouldn't do anything to make it decrease. One of the arguments that i see so often is if the government controls it, then it would decrease the spread of STI's, this simply isn't true. Prostitutes now can use condoms or not, just the same as they would if they were in a licensed whorehouse, the only difference is they would have to take a series of tests that would only catch an STI after they did, and more then likely had passed it on to several people. The other thing about this, is now that she's a professional and can operate without fear of legal action, she can have sex with more clients an evening then if she would have to take measures to ensure she wasn't being tricked by authorities.

and don't call it safe sex, i know you're smarter then that. It's safer sure, but nowhere near safe.

And i never argued for the general public. I said for people that take tests, pass background checks, and get approval after waiting months for it.... WHICH IS WHAT WE DO RIGHT NOW. so we're fine. and yes, handguns should definatly be legal since high powered hunting rifles are. I don't see any need for automatic weapons or the like, which i NEVER argued for, but shotungs, rifles, and handguns? Sure. Once again, tools, use then properly and there's no problem, use them improperly and suffer the consequences.

Oh, and my point about Beardy's post definatly makes sense. The one paragraph i quoted alone clearly shows that morality bias you're so upset about, not to mention the fact that they clearly only quote stats in their favor, saying prostitution has done what could easily be accomplished by education in 3rd world countries. Want to know what happened in the Netherlands and Australia?
Legalization was supposed to get prostituted women off the street. Many women don't want to register and undergo health checks, as required by law in certain countries legalizing prostitution, so legalization often drives them into street prostitution. And many women choose street prostitution because they want to avoid being controlled and exploited by the new sex "businessmen."

In the Netherlands, women in prostitution point out that legalization or decriminalization of the sex industry cannot erase the stigma of prostitution but, instead, makes women more vulnerable to abuse because they must register and lose anonymity. Thus, the majority of women in prostitution still choose to operate illegally and underground. Members of Parliament who originally supported the legalization of brothels on the grounds that this would liberate women are now seeing that legalization actually reinforces the oppression of women (Daley, 2001: A1).

The argument that legalization was supposed to take the criminal elements out of sex businesses by strict regulation of the industry has failed. The real growth in prostitution in Australia since legalization took effect has been in the illegal sector. Since the onset of legalization in Victoria, brothels have tripled in number and expanded in size - the vast majority having no licenses but advertising and operating with impunity (Sullivan and Jeffreys: 2001).

In New South Wales, brothels were decriminalized in 1995. In 1999, the numbers of brothels in Sydney had increased exponentially to 400-500. The vast majority have no license to operate. To end endemic police corruption, control of illegal prostitution was taken out of the hands of the police and placed in the hands of local councils and planning regulators. The council has neither the money nor the personnel to put investigators into brothels to flush out and prosecute illegal operators.
As you can clearly see, if illegal prostitution increases the rate of infection, and making prostitution legal increases illegal prostitution, then what do you have? an increase in infection.

There are NO benefits of legalization, in fact, all it can do is cause society harm, hense why it is illegal, not some moral code. While it's true i did originally mention that i PERSONALLY felt prostitution is immoral, that's not what the law rests on, nor what my argument does.
Last edited by Super Goat Weed on Thu Nov 09, 2006 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Masteroftheweb
Vagabond

Post by Masteroftheweb » Thu Nov 09, 2006 10:09 pm

Super Goat Weed wrote:Will and Joe: you can both get off your imaginary moral high horse now

My whole point is that I've never claimed my morality is better or worst than someone elses and that I don't like being called immoral because mine doesn't fit yours. So.... moral high horse? Wrong.

P.S. I'm only opinionated in debates that are pointless to begin with... such as games, movies, and shit like that. When I'm talking philosophy, I express my personal beleifs, and listen to others. I point out how mine is different than theres, and question theirs hoping for answers. I don't attack their beleifs. I grew beyond that a long time ago..... Unless they are stupidily close minded and fucking retards... but my roommate isn't the issue here.
Last edited by Masteroftheweb on Thu Nov 09, 2006 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EchoPark
Vagabond

Post by EchoPark » Thu Nov 09, 2006 11:32 pm

Goat dont take the piss out of my fuckin typing, i dont fuckin close in on ur disablitys. Your just more of a fuck wit than anything, u can aruge all u want with me but fuckin taken a piss out of a persons disablity is fuckin low and sad and ur as low as dirty, Will is fuckin right about u, u dont fuckin listen to anyone. In you head ur right and everyone is wrong ... even if everyone is agaisnt u.

You a fuck wit for taken the piss out of ppls disablitys and for not seeing sense to give up when u have been beating. Grow some fuckin balls and loose like a man
Bogey
Not-A-Deserter

Post by Bogey » Fri Nov 10, 2006 12:28 am

I'm sorry, who brought up third world countries? Oh that's right.
Super Goat Weed wrote:You want a great example of what prostitution does to a country? hell an entire continent? check out Africa.
I think you should be the one reading your posts.
Super Goat Weed
Anti-Hero

Post by Super Goat Weed » Fri Nov 10, 2006 3:57 am

Well echo, i had no idea you were disabled, and i'll lose when i'm lost, and since your post had nothing to do with any of the fantastic points i've made, i'll take it that i haven't. Sorry if i'm not a sheep and don't 'follow the crowd' just because they think they are right, and i'm wrong. I've listened to everybody's points and responded to all of them. When they really do prove me wrong, i'll admit to it.

Joe - nice dodge again. Feel free to reply when you've actually got a counterpoint to my statment. We've been down that road already. Yes i brought up 3rd world countries as the kind of problems prostitution calls, but when your source mentioned the so called 'improvements' that legalizing prostitution caused, i simply pointed out that they did nothing except impliment safer sex practices, something that could have been done through education. Legalizing prostitution really accomplished nothing. Besides, we don't live in 3rd world countries.

Will - I've seen you do it, especially when talking about evolution and religious things. Perhaps you've changed since then, but in that reguard, i never insulted anybody on this board or the country they were from untill it happened several times to me first. I was very prepared to debate this in a civil manner, and i'd like to return to that, but some people just don't seem to want to.

So how about you guys quit playing around and actually get me some responses to the points i've made? Or perhaps you'd like to:
give up when u have been beating. Grow some fuckin balls and loose like a man
Last edited by Super Goat Weed on Fri Nov 10, 2006 4:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Masteroftheweb
Vagabond

Post by Masteroftheweb » Fri Nov 10, 2006 4:06 am

It's an insult in itself to be called immoral. So my veiw on right and wrong are different than yours? Is that so bad? As long as I follow the universal taboos that span near-all cultures... I don't think I'm immoral.
Last edited by Masteroftheweb on Fri Nov 10, 2006 4:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Fri Nov 10, 2006 4:21 am

I've given up on the issue. I don't want to discuss it anymore. Guns are bad. End all. As for whores, I couldn't care less.
XenoRaven
Enforcer

Post by XenoRaven » Fri Nov 10, 2006 6:34 am

Bogey
Not-A-Deserter

Post by Bogey » Fri Nov 10, 2006 8:37 am

Super Goat Weed wrote:Joe - nice dodge again.
Will you just get over yourself? All you can come back with is "nice dogde", and apparantly I'm the one who's response is weak?

Like I said before, it's like reading something a child would say, and thus, arguing with a child. Like Matt I'm just gonna give up this discussion. I'm no longer going to fall to your "I can piss higher than you" bait.
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Fri Nov 10, 2006 10:26 am

All your points are fantastic and completely without bias and all mine are corrupt and retarded.

I'm sick of listening to your bullshit responses, there no benefits gimme a fucking break.

Don't you know by legalizing guns you INCREASE THE ILLEGAL use!!!!!, increasing the spread of death, but no guns are fine, now your going to tell me how ignorant I am.
Last edited by Mik on Fri Nov 10, 2006 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Super Goat Weed
Anti-Hero

Post by Super Goat Weed » Fri Nov 10, 2006 4:56 pm

Will - Who on this board did i call immoral?

Joe - I said a hell of a lot more then that, try reading it and making an appropriate response

Mik - Apparently you've joined the group and decided to put words in my mouth. I never said ANY of your points were corrupt or retarded. And yes, there are no benifits to legalizing prostitution, if there are, give me some and i'll clearly explain AGAIN why they are inaccurate. I've even pointed to unbiased statistics that clearly show that by legalizing [s]guns[/s] prostitution you increase the illegal side as well, increasing the spread of death. Apparently that argument works fine for explaining why guns are bad, but not prostitutes.

As far as the guns go, if you make guns criminal, then only criminals have guns. There is nothing wrong or evil about our system. I've gone through great lengths to explain to all you brick walls why it's safe and how it works, but you just don't want to listen. I'm all for ending this discussion as well since obviously all you guys want to do is hold your years like toddlers and say "i'm not listening, la la la, you're fucked up and evil." It's pointless.
Last edited by Super Goat Weed on Fri Nov 10, 2006 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.