dead?

The hub of Aura activity, the cortex that binds the forum together.
Bogey
Not-A-Deserter

Post by Bogey » Sun Nov 05, 2006 6:49 pm

I think I saw a documentary on one in Nevada, they seemed very strict and the women were treated very well. So if that can happen in Nevada, imagine what it would be like in civilized parts of the world.
Chewi
Anti-Hero

Post by Chewi » Sun Nov 05, 2006 8:31 pm

Kaos for president! ;)

I also agree with the guns argument above and that's coming from someone who used to shoot small-bore .22 rifles at paper targets for sport. The thing about those is you'd have to shoot someone in the head at close range for them to be fatal and they're hardly easy to carry around. But even if they were totally banned, I could live with it.
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Sun Nov 05, 2006 10:39 pm

kaos wrote:My transportation example was to explain the reason why you saw particular establishments and not the other. I should have made that i little clearer.

looking to stamp out illegal activity as fool hardy as prohibition, the war on drugs, and the war on terror.

These things are going to happen and theirs never going to be a time when they cease to exist.

I don’t think the answer is to try and eliminate the problem.
I think the answer is to adjust to it and try to keep it controlled.

People are going to drink regardless. They figured that out after prohibition. The following solution has worked pretty well. Tax it, make it only available in small supply or specialty locations, make it only accessible to those of a certain age or older, and penalize those who attempt to get around these requirements.

As long as strict rules are enforced for both patrons and employees, all the things you fear legal prostitution to bring will be suppressed or eliminated all together and things about it that exist now will be extinct.

in a system like that, what need ist their for a pimp, more importantly an abusive one? what need is their for shadey areas and shadey people to hang around? you essentially eliminate the street walker and all the dangers the come with that. and make a cleaner, healthier, safer environment.

moraly people can think what ever they want about it. in the end, no matter what their morals or feelings about it are. they dont have to participate.

like alchol it'll just be another choice thats out there.

Are you sure you've never been to Holland?

That is how it is in Amsterdam. there aren't any seedy pimps walking around. There aren't any whores on the street corner. The prostitutes aren't full of needle holes. I assume they do it purely for the money. Though, don't hold me on that one.

But more related to what you said, is weed. It's a grey area over there. But as far as things go, it;s controlled and age restrictions apply. It is taxed slightly. It's pretty much like alcohol is in the rest of the world and there ain't a major problem with it. I'm all for legalizing weed.
EchoPark
Vagabond

Post by EchoPark » Sun Nov 05, 2006 11:57 pm

omg ben ur more fucked up than i thought ... yes guns are fuckin tools but as mik said there purpose is to shot a bullet at someone which can fuckin kill, a screw driver is made to screw a fuckin screw ... even my fuckin year old son could figure that out.

and a drug dealer dont fucking care about ppl to be honest ... some drugs are just as bad as guns i dont mind pot or some others but coke and the high end stuff just kills. Drugs are illegal sex isnt. Your pretty much what i thought a sterotype american is ... guns is good they are there for our protect and am proud to own one kinda shit ... just sickens me how ppl own guns and will shot another person.
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Mon Nov 06, 2006 12:00 am

The new version of Firefox has a spell checker, Dave :P
EchoPark
Vagabond

Post by EchoPark » Mon Nov 06, 2006 12:02 am

i hate firefox XD i got a spell checker but meh LOL
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Mon Nov 06, 2006 3:26 am

I don't see why. Firefox is better than all other browsers. That's talking objectively.
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:52 am

Stop the Presses!

lets leave other that other shit behind.... Firefox is excellent Dave, excellent.

Closest you'll get a wolf named browser (cue Chewi finding some 10 year old linux run POS just to piss me off)
Chewi
Anti-Hero

Post by Chewi » Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:21 am

I had to look this one up. Hehe.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyberdog

There's also Lynx but I guess that's more of the feline variety.
EchoPark
Vagabond

Post by EchoPark » Mon Nov 06, 2006 1:11 pm

Well untill i get a browser called wolf i will change but to be honest Avant, browse my pages and has tabs at the bottom and i keep my favourites .... am use to it, so its no problem to me XD

Now Lynx thats a browser! XD
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Mon Nov 06, 2006 1:37 pm

never trust a cat with no tail.
Wulf
Not-A-Deserter

Post by Wulf » Mon Nov 06, 2006 3:05 pm

Aura will never die.. '-'
Xanien
Not-A-Deserter

Post by Xanien » Mon Nov 06, 2006 3:17 pm

To further comment on that condom issue, it's pretty gay here. I've read newspaper articles about the condom industry actually losing money and being unable to stay in business do to such low sales. There is simply no education dealing with them whatsover. It's all word or mouth. The same with Abstinence. Isn't that scary? People speak out all the time about this problem, and even though the infection rates for STIs and AIDS are really freaking low compared some of the Western countries, the rate it's climbing it is frightening. One my friends has a few STI's, and he's never used condoms he said (when he was sexually active). That's something he never thought of when he was younger. And there is such a negative stigma attached to buying condoms I think, and the same can be said for buying birth control as well. I have no idea what takes place for the Surgeon General here in Japan, and have no idea what policy the government has for things like this either. It's scary. It's going to take an outbreak to get people to shape up and be smart.

Now moving on to the gun issue, there is a very strict Swords and Firearms law here that restricts the use in public of either, and it's almost impossible to buy the real thing. There are SHITLOADS of model airsoft guns everywhere (omg, I saw a SWEEEET PSG1 sniper rifle airsoft gun today for about $250), and you can buy swords and things like that as well, but it's not as easy to find as it is in the USA. The cops don't even carry guns usually.

And I really don't see the right to bear arms as a neccessity anymore. I think it was first created as a countermeasure against England who were declaring it was illegal in the colonies to take up arms against them. Therefore it was their right to have guns and to protect themselves from an invading army. But do we really need to have guns anymore? I guess hunting is still considered a sport and a gun would be a necessity, but as far as selling people automatic weapons at a shop . . . or anything that would overpower a police officer. That's just stupid.
Super Goat Weed
Anti-Hero

Post by Super Goat Weed » Mon Nov 06, 2006 3:29 pm

Well according to your agument, we should ban cricket bats as well, because they have only one use: hitting things, either balls or people. I could shoot for sport or hunting (since we haven't hunted all our big game to extinction) but that would mean i would have to own a gun, which would make me "fucked up" apparently. I never said guns were good, but you know what? banning them does NOTHING except lower gun related crime, the rate DOES NOT DECREASE. You just have people getting stabbed or beaten instead of shot. It changes nothing. Criminals will still be criminals, they just use different tactics. I love how americans are so 'evil' because we have one more type of weapon legaly available on the market (which, by the way, you have to jump through hoops of tons of legal check and wait months to get) as opppose to the thousands of other weapons availible to anybody.

You've compeletely missed my point on the drug / prostitute parallel here. My point was the drug dealier i knew was a very nice person, very friendly, couldn't say a bad thing about him kinda guy, but what he was doing was a causing harm to society, and that's what's wrong with all this. Good people can do very bad things. My point is both of them offer a service that is harmfull to all involved, and in that case, it's the government's right, and i would say in my own opinion responsibility to ban such acts. Any psychologist in the world will tell you they have to report a client that they feel would cause harm to themselves or to others, and prostitution does exactly that. Oh sure, they can take tests and stuff, but what good is that gonna do anybody if it only detects a disease AFTER THEY'VE ALREADY CAUGHT IT. Is she gonna get an STI sweep between each and every sexual encounter? i really doubt it, and even then, where's the protection for HER?

I love how the solution here is to simply enlarge the sex trade and make it legal. You basicly are saying you want to increase the availibilty of a trade that's known to be harmfull to all involved. You know what that does? it diverts money from other people in the entertainment industry that are providing non-harmful forms of entertainment. It makes people think that, well if the government says there's nothing wrong with it, then it must be ok, and most of all, it basicly kicks down all the good work our government has been doing to promote abstinance.

oh, and what about the women involved themselves?
In a 5-country study on sex trafficking done by the Coalition Against Trafficking in Women and funded by the Ford Foundation, most of the 146 women interviewed strongly stated that prostitution should not be legalized and considered legitimate work, warning that legalization would create more risks and harm for women from already violent customer and pimps (Raymond et al, 2002). "No way. It's not a profession. It is humiliating and violence from the men's side." Not one woman interviewed wanted her children, family or friends to have to earn money by entering the sex industry. One stated: "Prostitution stripped me of my life, my health, everything."
On a more personal thought Echo, give me a call once you get your head surgicaly removed from your ass. I never had a beef with you to begin with, but your statment of me being "More fucked up then you thoght" clearly shows that, for whatever reason, you didn't like me. Also, i don't know where the hell all this anti-american hostility is coming from on the UK side of the tracks, but that kind of prejudical atitude REALLY sickens me.
Last edited by Super Goat Weed on Mon Nov 06, 2006 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
XenoRaven
Enforcer

Post by XenoRaven » Mon Nov 06, 2006 5:48 pm

Matt wrote:I believe people are free to do as they please providing they do not infringe upon the rights of others.

The reason our gun crimes are low is because they are outlawed.
I don't really care so much about this discussion, I just found this kinda funny lol.