Bad Job Experiences

The hub of Aura activity, the cortex that binds the forum together.
Stephanie
Solider

Post by Stephanie » Sun Oct 15, 2006 1:09 am

Okay, so I'm wanting to rant about my job, and i figured wth, i'll make a topic where everyone here at Aura can rant about their current job, or a job they've had in the past... so here's mine...lets hear yours/.

Okay, All day at home up till 2pm was fine and dandy...i get to work at 3 and all hell has broken lose. A water pipe had burst in a room on the forth floor, and the water leaked all the way down to the first floor into the restaurant. So they had to turn off the main water break for the whole fourth floor. Which means we had to move those guests. Well we are booked solid basically, not many rooms to spare, so we had to move ppl left and right and sideways to get everyone a room. MY GOD it was horrible. Some ppl had to be put into a smoking room even though theyd don't smoke. Guests are wanting refunds blah blah blah blah...and guess where the damn manager AND owner is at the beach leaving me, michael and steele to run this whole fucking hotel. including checking in over 30 guests, two banquets, taking care of the flood. handling all the complaints that came w/ the wedding party because guess what? their contract didnt' include some of the stuff they needed, and they are wanting it w/o charge. Housekeeping wasn't done w/ the rooms till about 5pm, so i had no rooms to check these guests in who were in the lobby wanting there rooms, and even though to paper work would say clean, turns out they didn't touch it so i'd have to find yet another room that we don't really have, to move them too. I'm giving discounts out the ying yang, and if rakesh says one fuckign word? well fuck him..i['m gone at the end of this month anywhos, i could relaly use another damn paycheck, but if i don't get it...fuck it..my car payment will just have to be late. anywhos...so, we have really only two ppl working at the hotel, michael and i...and steele helped off the damn clock to help us. and then the two bar tenders finally showed up to run their bar..one of them was late. GAH...You have no clue the hours we all put into this fucking hotel OFF THE CLOCK, and we dont'e ver get a fucking thank you for it. Well, i'm gone at hte end of this month, and michael and steele are putting in their two weeks because its not worth it. We've had pieces of the building fall off onto the road, luckily at night so no cars got hit, we've have MOLD growing on the walls, allong w/ mushrooms, we have only 5 ppl to run front desk and banquets, one maintenience, one laundry, and three housekeepers..keep in mind this hotel has 101 rooms. that is THE BEGINNING and end of the staff..oh wait, we have a sales lady who only works m-f 9a-1p. the gm and the owner are NEVER here, and when they are, they are not at the hotel they are out at SAM's Club for like 10 hours a fucking day...or so they say. its pissing us all off..we dont' get payed for the shit we have to handle here. The restuarant's owners are in a fued w/ the owner of the damn hotel. and try to bring us of the front desk staff into it. We only get fucking payed 6.50 an hour, we're not allowed over time, so we work off the fuckign clock to help out, but yet according to them we're not allowed to do that. and with us being understaffed there is NO FUCKIGN WAY IN HELL WE CAN DO THE SHIT HE WANTS DONE W/O GOING INTO OVER TIME UNLESS WE WORK OFF THE DAMN ASS STUPID CLOCK. So..we break our backs for this place, and not even a thank you. Well, they are going to hvae to run it themselves, because everyone..and i mean everyone is wanting to leave this stupid place. there is mold, and mildew, and mushrooms, and falling pieces, and understaffment, and underpayment, and guests complaining about all this stuff, and restuarant ppl at war w/ the owner, and we're saying fuck it. we're all putting in our two weeks and walking out at the end. because you know what? its not worth the fucking pain in the rear end we get at the end of the day when we only earn 6.50 an hour. So they quit, i'm going home, and this hotel can go to fucking hell.
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Sun Oct 15, 2006 5:36 am

Oh man. Not a single paragraph.
Stephanie
Solider

Post by Stephanie » Sun Oct 15, 2006 5:56 am

haha, i never right in paragraphs.
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Sun Oct 15, 2006 11:45 am

Friday I was making an origami Swan and fucking people kept ringing me to interrupt and you know what .. I never FINISHED IT
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Tue Oct 17, 2006 3:55 am

Risika wrote:haha, i never right in paragraphs.
Or proof read.

Not many people outside of the abyss (Gaia) will read anything you write. Fair warning.
XenoRaven
Enforcer

Post by XenoRaven » Tue Oct 17, 2006 3:01 pm

Over 4,000 posts and NOW you're correcting grammar, paragraph structure and spelling? I wouldn't worry about it since this is the internet, and not English class.

I would also like to make it known that I make 10.50 an hour and probably do half the amount of work. >_>

That means you should probably look for another job.
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Tue Oct 17, 2006 3:09 pm

isnt the NY cost of living is pretty high tho?

I have no experience for my self cuzz i havent been to NY (thank god)
but I heard for example a "value meal" can cost you about $7.50
where here in GA (thank god) the same would cost $3.00
Super Goat Weed
Anti-Hero

Post by Super Goat Weed » Tue Oct 17, 2006 4:43 pm

about 5 bucks for a value meal here, and yeah, it's a bit expensive.

If we could just cut off that tumor that is the city, the rest of the state is awesome.

Actually, NYC is awesome, just the fact that it sucks all the money from the rest of the state
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Tue Oct 17, 2006 5:03 pm

XenoRaven wrote:Over 4,000 posts and NOW you're correcting grammar, paragraph structure and spelling? I wouldn't worry about it since this is the internet, and not English class.

I would also like to make it known that I make 10.50 an hour and probably do half the amount of work. >_>

That means you should probably look for another job.
If I tried to read that sentense it would make my head hurt. I'm not trying to give an English lesson, I'm trying to get her to split that into at least 3 paragraphs so I CAN read it.

And yeah, my first 3,999 posts were unreadable. But then, I've picked up some skillz since August last year.
Last edited by Matt on Tue Oct 17, 2006 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Squirrel
Vagabond

Post by Squirrel » Tue Oct 17, 2006 10:43 pm

Super Goat Weed wrote:about 5 bucks for a value meal here, and yeah, it's a bit expensive.

If we could just cut off that tumor that is the city, the rest of the state is awesome.

Actually, NYC is awesome, just the fact that it sucks all the money from the rest of the state

You call $5 "a bit" expensive for a vlaue meal? Understatement of the century!
Bogey
Not-A-Deserter

Post by Bogey » Wed Oct 18, 2006 9:24 am

It's still cheaper than it is in the UK.
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:26 am

if you covert that to real money it's £2.70 so it's alright
Melana
Distgrunted Hero

Post by Melana » Thu Oct 19, 2006 1:42 am

hehehe.

converting that to Australian money it was a bit of a ripoff. $7.50 inc gst i suppose is what it would be.

But I was expecting it. NY country wasn't nearly as bad as NY City.

That's what got me annoyed... knowing there was TAX ontop of the price. In australia all the pricetags Incl GST. So you know if you only have $5 and the tag says five bucks you can afford it :P
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Thu Oct 19, 2006 2:13 am

Whoa, in somepalces you order you stuff, they price it up THEN add tax to it? That'd be hard to budget for.
Melana
Distgrunted Hero

Post by Melana » Thu Oct 19, 2006 3:09 am

:P
It just seemed silly considering that not everything was taxed at the same rate.
I was totally unfamiliar with the percentages of there tax system and what was taxed and how it was taxed. and i'm one of those wierd people who likes to have exact or near to exact change and if i can't work it out in my head it bothers me :P

Our tax system is 10% on all goods and services, the only other tax you deal with in the marketplace is a wet tax for alcohol.