Right choice?

The hub of Aura activity, the cortex that binds the forum together.
Saddam
Trainee

Post by Saddam » Fri Jun 18, 2004 1:29 am

Call me cinical if you like but to forgive someone without forgetting seems like an impossibility. Everytime you look at that person the events which lead to the abuse of trust will always surface and no matter how hard you try some bitternes will remain. If you wipe the slate clean its much easier to start again with that person or at least not feel any animosity toward them.

Don't get me wrong, I would love to be able to forgive without forgetting and I have sometimes tried to convince myself that I had achieved this. Deep down however it was just a lie.
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Fri Jun 18, 2004 1:45 am

Saddam wrote:Call me cinical if you like but to forgive someone without forgetting seems like an impossibility. Everytime you look at that person the events which lead to the abuse of trust will always surface and no matter how hard you try some bitternes will remain. If you wipe the slate clean its much easier to start again with that person or at least not feel any animosity toward them.

Don't get me wrong, I would love to be able to forgive without forgetting and I have sometimes tried to convince myself that I had achieved this. Deep down however it was just a lie.
thats not cynical saddam...sommat on the lines of what i was gonna put....but a man in those times(when i read the first post) is not to be treated casiously

Oh welcome back
Saddam
Trainee

Post by Saddam » Fri Jun 18, 2004 10:15 pm

Thank you Shinra its good to be back
Vandire
Vagabond

Post by Vandire » Sat Jun 19, 2004 1:23 am

ReDeemer wrote:^ Just something we were talking about earlyier Johnny. We were comparing his situation on life with a deck of cards.
and it was damn insightful

lifes making a litle more sense

and you were right mate, the shy one
Nosferatu
Not-A-Deserter

Post by Nosferatu » Fri Jun 25, 2004 4:52 am

if you still want to be with her, forgive. forget? well, memories are just memories. sometimes it's better to forget. if she does it again, then just get rid of her, but if it's only once, and she still wants to be with you, and you still want to be with her, stick with it.
Vandire
Vagabond

Post by Vandire » Fri Jun 25, 2004 10:29 pm

heh..ive walked away from all this, i aint trying no more, if an opertunity hits me in the face, ill take it, but aprt from that, why should i bother?